Feethams

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Feethams

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:42 pm

fozzovmurton wrote: Where I can I get some Great Crested Newts to put at Feethams to delay development...

Monks Cross, York. The place where York City are due to build their new stadium. 300 Newts have rocked up and they are causing disruption to a 90 Million Pound building development.

Big fine if you get caught moving them about though ............ go at night armed with a torch,small cage,big motor bike.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:44 pm

One thing I dont really understand, how does the Covenant work, my basic grasp of it is that it is a way of protecting land for a certain purpose, in our case, Feethams having the covenant for the exclusive of Sport/Football...

Are covenants supposed to apply on the land forever, can a covenant be bought to reserve said covenant, if that is not allowed, then somebody has some awkward questions to answer about why Esh Group got permission to build.
Feethams 1966 wrote:One of us should know somebody with a law qualification who could start digging around the onership and covenant matters in their spare time. That would be exactly what the Esh group, cricket club and council probably wouldn't want because they've probably all taken a risk. Other than a gypsy camp on the site I don't see what else could stop development. But as I've expressed before on this site, while ever nothings built on the site, a return to Feethams has to be a go-er.
Look for some Great Crested Newts to occupy the site, that should stop development in it's tracks (I only this by watching some property show on tv, something like homes under the hammer).

From a wikipedia entry
wikipedia wrote: Since the 1940s, populations of northern crested newts have declined in most of Europe due to loss of habitat.[2] InEngland, Wales, and Scotland, it is a protected species under Schedule 5 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981, and under equivalent legislation in Northern Ireland. It is also a European Protected Species and as such it has additional protection in the UK under Regulation 39 of the Conservation (Natural Habitats etc.) Regulations 1994 (the Habitats Regulations), as amended by the Conservation (Natural Habitats, &c.) (Amendment) Regulations 2007. It is an offence to:Intentionally kill, injure or take a northern crested newtPossess or control any live or dead specimen or anything derived from a northern crested newtIntentionally or recklessly damage, destroy or obstruct access to any structure or place used for shelter or protection by a northern crested newt (in practice this means both its breeding sites, and its terrestrial habitat)Intentionally or recklessly disturb a northern crested newt while it is occupying a structure or place which it uses for that purposeOther EU countries have similar legislation, implementing the Habitats Directive.In the United Kingdom, its habitat has diminished due to land development pressure from population growth and agricultural expansion; for example, it is considered eliminated from its prior range at the Portlethen Moss Nature Reserve in Scotland.[citation needed]Where development activities may interfere with its populations, exclusion systems such as newt fencing may be put in place to prevent the newts from entering a development site. Newt fencing may also be used to create a receptor site or 'newt-safe' area to where northern crested newts can be translocated, from an area where they are under threat.Within the UK, guidance on development in relation to northern crested newts can be found within Natural England's Great Crested Newt Mitigation Guidelines which should be followed by developers
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:32 am

jarramel wrote:
MaddosMilkman wrote:I've got a few lines on tonight - if I end up being the only winner I hereby promise that the 'spare' £22m will be made available to help us get back to Feethams....

Actually, with all that money I could build us a nice big stadium somewhere with gold toilet handles and toilet roll holders, leather seats and a nice big screen. I'd also try and get us someone like The Saturdays or A1 to come and open the Stadium with a concert on the pitch. Forget the team though, the superb stadium will attract thousends of punters every week.
ESCALATORS!!!
How can you forget the esalators?????????
:lol:
Don't you mean Heskeylaters? :roll:

jarramel

Post by jarramel » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Are the worms not protected?

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:53 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:
MaddosMilkman wrote:I've got a few lines on tonight - if I end up being the only winner I hereby promise that the 'spare' £22m will be made available to help us get back to Feethams....

Actually, with all that money I could build us a nice big stadium somewhere with gold toilet handles and toilet roll holders, leather seats and a nice big screen. I'd also try and get us someone like The Saturdays or A1 to come and open the Stadium with a concert on the pitch. Forget the team though, the superb stadium will attract thousends of punters every week.
If you add promises that you probably will never deliver, an over ambitious multi year plan, you may be onto something mate...

I didn't put any money on tonight, but will start putting lines on as many lotteries as I have to, so if I lots of money I can wrestle Feethams from Esh :smile:

Marxista Fozz
I think I managed to win £10 - I haven't checked yet. That should buy me a plastic seat shouldn't it?

darlopaul

Post by darlopaul » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:27 pm

As I walked past Bannatynes Hotel this lunchtime there was a big f*** off crane I could see behind Sainsburys. Don't know if that means work has started on the housing estate.

Unless it's the start of a new Feethams and all the work Shaun Campbell has done has paid off. And Sepp Blatter has donated his yearly salary to keep Darlington FC afloat every year.

For ever.

And left all his money in his will to us.

And promised (pinky promised) that we'll be in the Premiership within 5 years.

At Feethams.

Probably.

divas

Post by divas » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:50 am

Interesting development on Feethams - being reported that Persimmon have acquired the land from Esh Group.

Planning was originally granted for a percentage of "social housing" which is presumably why the council were prepared to grant planning. It's rumoured that Persimmon do not want to build social housing but a more executive type of housing.

Given the shift in purpose I'd say now is the time to lobby the council.

Yet another twist for the site...

Darlo Nutz

Post by Darlo Nutz » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:56 am

Since the change in ownership of land and change of planning of housing a new planning application will have to be submitted!!!!! This is very interesting indeed!!!!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:35 pm

Persimmon probably know the score. A lot of developments now have clauses added onto them which stipulate that a certain % of a site has to be "affordable" housing.

This is a kind of bargaining ploy. The Council grants planning if certain terms are met. Persimmon will know this and will factor in whatever it takes to enable them to build their exec homes.

There could still be more to this story and it's interesting that the land has changed hands but it still looks bad :thumbdown:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:18 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Persimmon probably know the score. A lot of developments now have clauses added onto them which stipulate that a certain % of a site has to be "affordable" housing.

This is a kind of bargaining ploy. The Council grants planning if certain terms are met. Persimmon will know this and will factor in whatever it takes to enable them to build their exec homes.

There could still be more to this story and it's interesting that the land has changed hands but it still looks bad :thumbdown:
If only the council could add a stipulation which states Persimmon provides a Sports Complex somewhere in the Town to be granted permission to build there houses...

Marxista Fozz
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

southterrace

Post by southterrace » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:04 pm

Esh to start work imminently - and Feethams Twin Towers will be the first to go. http://southterrace.blogspot.co.uk/2013 ... owers.html

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:24 am

southterrace wrote:Esh to start work imminently - and Feethams Twin Towers will be the first to go. http://southterrace.blogspot.co.uk/2013 ... owers.html
I thought Esh had sold the land on to another developer, who were going to re-submit with a different planning application? Sure that was in the news a few weeks back.

southterrace

Post by southterrace » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:18 pm

Yes, BlackandwhiteBOB, it was. It seems that there may have been a contractual term that scuppered the deal. The site preparation is being undertaken by Esh, although they may have an arrangement with Persimmon. I spoke to Paul the Senior Site Engineer who told me about the Twin Towers. End of an era!

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Was it not mentioned that the towers were only being taken down while work took place and then re-installed?

Having said that they're about knackered anyway