Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AIDO
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: From: Shaun Campbell - Feethams News!

Post by AIDO » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:52 pm

onewayup wrote:the council would not let the twin pillars be removed thereby not allowing visiting buses, through into feethams only one of many new rules for new grounds being built.
Yeah ... can see that being a big problem like. But I'd expect "all the buses" of supporters from Whitby, North Ferriby, Histon etc etc (when we reach the BSN North or Evostick Prem) would have to get dropped off at the back of Polam Lane/Grange Road like Blackpool, WBA and the Sheffield teams used to. Or even (heaven forbid) at Park Place off Victoria Road ..... hypothetically of course ... ;)

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Feethams is our spiritual home and I still think the cricket club venue should be explored. I've heard they only use it in summer, and even then only when it's not raining.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:39 pm

onewayup wrote:feethams does not fit the bill anymore.football rule and reg,s would not allow the use of feethams for a number of reasons. so whilst i agree with saving it for sporting use, it is a no go for our football club. forget about moving back there and lets move on.
Dont quite understand that, why does it not fit the bill now, it is undeveloped land and could probably a decent Conference Standard Ground of 5,000 capacity on there

Marxista Fozz
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:42 am

Apparently these days you need to be able to pull a team bus right up to the players entrance of the main stand whereas at Feethams they always got dropped off at the main gate.

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:03 pm

There is an access gate to the left of the twin pillars which would be able to allow coaches through.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.