And the next sick rumour....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AlanSprouts
Team Supported: Darlington

And the next sick rumour....

Post by AlanSprouts » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:20 pm

....we are back at the Arena.. Or at least on one of the pitches up there. From a taxi driver in the town who says we are buying/renting one of the nine? pitches up there.
I personally hope that all it is, is a ruomour, and we don't go back up Neasham Road.

Darlo.For.Life

Re: And the next sick rumour....

Post by Darlo.For.Life » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:24 pm

We can't just rent a pitch, we aren't a Sunday league side. We will need to rent a stadium which I highly doubt Mowden will pay for.

Trike1

Post by Trike1 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:26 pm

well with feethams going to posh housing, eastbourne school area going to housing too.
cant see that being an option tho due to ground grading...its only a pitch, no stand, terracing ect?
or am i wrong again lol

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:04 pm

"From a taxi driver" :lol:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:07 pm

AlanSprouts wrote:....we are back at the Arena.. Or at least on one of the pitches up there. From a taxi driver in the town who says we are buying/renting one of the nine? pitches up there.
I personally hope that all it is, is a ruomour, and we don't go back up Neasham Road.
What is wrong with it as a location? The idea of playing in, and trying to sustain, a 25,000 sweater stadium is not a nice one, but a fit for purpose ground on the same site would be close to perfect.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AlanSprouts

Post by AlanSprouts » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:18 pm

Big Tim wrote:"From a taxi driver" :lol:
Oh.. Alright then a "clinical physicist". What's so funny about the source of a rumour you occupationophobe you! :crazy:

AlanSprouts

Post by AlanSprouts » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:22 pm

Spyman wrote:
AlanSprouts wrote:....we are back at the Arena.. Or at least on one of the pitches up there. From a taxi driver in the town who says we are buying/renting one of the nine? pitches up there.
What is wrong with it as a location? The idea of playing in, and trying to sustain, a 25,000 sweater stadium is not a nice one, but a fit for purpose ground on the same site would be close to perfect.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Nothing per se, but I do remember months of debate as the cause of our poor attendances being the fact that we were playing 'out of town'.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:38 pm

I wouldn't mind Neasham Road (too much). Even the site where the Arena is, isn't the end of the world. The Arena itself is deffo a no goer, whichever way you look at it. The craic is tho', taxi driver or wherever, MPRFC do not want to entertain us anyway.

Any suitable land in Darlo will do but a new purpose built ground up to BSN (or whatever the new sponsors will be) standard is imperative. Me thinks that MPRFC might soon have to take another look at the business side of the issue, rather than standing by their initial and instinctive anti Darlo reaction to us playing up there.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Spyman wrote:The idea of playing in, and trying to sustain, a 25,000 sweater stadium is not a nice one

That's a lot of sweaters!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

carver30

Post by carver30 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Once and for all we are definitely not going back to the Arena or the Arena site at least in in the foreseeable future. Mowden committee voted back in April for us not to be part of their development plans, there was some interest by a number of the committee but not the overall majority. Please lets lay anything to do with the Arena to rest. Personally I find it disappointing as a sports hub for the town was the way forward but it's not to be.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:36 pm

carver30 wrote:Once and for all we are definitely not going back to the Arena or the Arena site at least in in the foreseeable future. Mowden committee voted back in April for us not to be part of their development plans, there was some interest by a number of the committee but not the overall majority. Please lets lay anything to do with the Arena to rest. Personally I find it disappointing as a sports hub for the town was the way forward but it's not to be.

This :clap:

MattClarkesLeftPeg

Post by MattClarkesLeftPeg » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:56 am

where would the alternative be though? Considering we are supposed to be there next season

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:46 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Spyman wrote:The idea of playing in, and trying to sustain, a 25,000 sweater stadium is not a nice one

That's a lot of sweaters!
Well, they're cheaper than goalposts. :roll: