New Strips - In a perfect world

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

davidcurrieclass
Team Supported: Darlington

New Strips - In a perfect world

Post by davidcurrieclass » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:02 pm

If we had strips to sell, wouldn't it have been good to have had had a stall at HP on Saturday where you could just buy them. Could have sold a few hundred at least and encourage people to turn up early to make sure they get one. Could have had it as a big strip launch.

dickdarlington

Re: New Strips - In a perfect world

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:19 pm

Ideally yes, it would be ace.

However, the club doesn't have the money to buy say 250 shirts up front in random sizes, and risk not being able to sell them all. The way they're doing it at the moment reduces risk, and probably also benefits Orion too.

My only gripe is that I would like to try one on before I order my shirt because of my curvacious nature.

davidcurrieclass

Post by davidcurrieclass » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:08 pm

but at start of summer with feel good factor could have taken preorders on line with full payment to cover risk, just feel that when season starts people tend to not buy the tops and it becomes a hassle.
Last season was first time in 8 years didn't get a home shirt. I have horrible feeling I'll miss out again.

ex-exile

Post by ex-exile » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:23 pm

If the club cannot afford £2500 for shirts after selling season tickets and taking money for orders I give up. It must be the suppliers fault.Do we never learn,shirts at the beginning of a season is a must.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:26 pm

I would expect us to be easily able to have shirts for next season sorted out very early, as we know the sponsor already. We could in theory order them now if we knew the design.

Markodarlo

Post by Markodarlo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:27 pm

Similar situation, I was waiting for shirts coming in for sizing, then would have payed for my season ticket, shirt and 3 of my daughters a pink shirt, however I'm now in a position where I've bought paid for nothing and am now looking at just paying on the day and may not even bother with a shirt now.

Shame really as the shirt design being picked by whoever was the excuse given to speed up the delivery guaranteeing pre season delivery.
At this rate the fans could have voted on the design.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:31 pm

Charlie boy is a bit quite !!!!

Markodarlo

Post by Markodarlo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:33 pm

Charlie boy?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:47 pm

Charlie from the shop he said they would be here this week!

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:49 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Charlie from the shop he said they would be here this week!
He?
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:57 pm

Well if not he seems to know things that are going on..

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:00 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Well if not he seems to know things that are going on..

You mean she.

gabbas

Post by gabbas » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:04 pm

in a perfect world we would also have volunteers to man said stall, protect cash, deliver strips etc etc.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:02 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Charlie from the shop he said they would be here this week!
Lol Charlie is a She called Sue, although Johhny Cash sang about a boy called Sue so now I'm confused

divas

Post by divas » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:08 pm

al_quaker wrote:I would expect us to be easily able to have shirts for next season sorted out very early, as we know the sponsor already. We could in theory order them now if we knew the design.
An iron-on patch won't have held them up.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:
Lol Charlie is a She called Sue, although Johhny Cash sang about a boy called Sue so now I'm confused
Lol..apologies

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:25 pm

divas wrote:
al_quaker wrote:I would expect us to be easily able to have shirts for next season sorted out very early, as we know the sponsor already. We could in theory order them now if we knew the design.
And then you'd have the same old bell ends like ingleby, TDS etc on here moaning that the shirts look s*** and no ones going to buy them and so on

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:33 pm

I like how the topic of this thread is basically 'what's your fantasy Darlo kit retail distribution'. Mine's online one click purchase Amazon-style, delivered in the hour by strippers. We should do carpark passes next (talking karate owls FYI).

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:59 pm

fat tony wrote:I like how the topic of this thread is basically 'what's your fantasy Darlo kit retail distribution'. Mine's online one click purchase Amazon-style, delivered in the hour by strippers. We should do carpark passes next (talking karate owls FYI).
Would the strippers be wearing them when they arrived, before removing them to give to you, or would the strippers already have stripped, and if so, where are they keeping the shirt, and is it wrapped in plastic?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:52 pm

Spyman wrote:
fat tony wrote:I like how the topic of this thread is basically 'what's your fantasy Darlo kit retail distribution'. Mine's online one click purchase Amazon-style, delivered in the hour by strippers. We should do carpark passes next (talking karate owls FYI).
Would the strippers be wearing them when they arrived, before removing them to give to you, or would the strippers already have stripped, and if so, where are they keeping the shirt, and is it wrapped in plastic?

Oh, right then, I haven't really thought this through. I reckon they're wearing it themselves, but they've brought the plastic wrapper along out of courtesy in case it needs to go back. It doesn't of course because it's a Darlo kit retail distribition fantasy. But they're just very courteous strippers these ones.

charlie

Post by charlie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:49 am

Apologies I'm at work, the shirts were supposed to be here now, we were told to expect them this week. Basically they are overdue and can arrive at any time but as of information as to when we don't know :-/

TDS

Post by TDS » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:36 am

Jazz Maverick wrote:
divas wrote:
And then you'd have the same old bell ends like ingleby, TDS etc on here moaning that the shirts look s*** and no ones going to buy them and so on
Come on Jazz, I've barely blinked at your attempts to insult me this far, but I am a distance away from Ingleby.

My issue with the shirts was simply the same as divas etc. a simple and efficient supply that matches our needs and gets there before the season starts.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:33 am

charlie wrote:Apologies I'm at work, the shirts were supposed to be here now, we were told to expect them this week. Basically they are overdue and can arrive at any time but as of information as to when we don't know :-/
Any news on the strippers though, Charlie?

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

charlie

Post by charlie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:16 pm

Spyman wrote:
charlie wrote:Apologies I'm at work, the shirts were supposed to be here now, we were told to expect them this week. Basically they are overdue and can arrive at any time but as of information as to when we don't know :-/
Any news on the strippers though, Charlie?

You volunteering?

charlie

Post by charlie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:19 pm

Now who's gone quiet :-)