Darlo Vs Warrington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo Vs Warrington

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:50 pm

Can't see any other reason that they would want to pay to be in our programme unless they are hoping for some business from us.

micra3

Post by micra3 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:09 pm

Rufusuk wrote:Are all season ticket holders included in the attendance figures?
Due to some congestion around 2:45, I was waved through the large gate (upon showing my season ticket) rather than going through the turnstile.

There was also a number of season tickets that were not collected today :roll:
M I C R A 3

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Interesting to read that Spennymoor only had 209 in attendance for an FA Cup game today. I guess some season ticket holders would not attend but that seems quite low, maybe the premier league starting today affected attendances slightly.

Attendances will pick up for us but whilst being in Bishop it will always be a challenge.

micra3

Post by micra3 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:13 pm

Good team performance today grow in confidence as the match went on -Leon Scott MOTM for me.
M I C R A 3

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:38 pm

Remember the first game of last season? Pretty much a re-run of today as I recall. Took us most of the first half to acclimatise, then we took off. Just like this afternoon I thought. Today I never thought we looked remotely like losing and by the end Warrington were a well beaten side. However the foul language coming from their number 6 throughout the game was disgusting. People don't want to take their families to matches to be subjected to offensive swearing like that. Another reason why I'm glad they lost.
Quite aside, I always look forward to the first game of the season, you can expect the turf to be lush (it was), and can expect warm sunny days and long shadows in August (it wasn't). In fact I've never been as frozen and wet through after a match for years. I had so much rain in my face that my eyes hurt, and despite having a waterproof coat I was wet through down to the soles of my shoes. After an hour's drive home with the heater on max I was still dripping wet and went straight under the shower for a warm up.
Those who've written from abroad to say how hot it is, would they really want it like that!

divas

Post by divas » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:12 pm

If only we had something like a secret shopper... ;-)

EGDR

Post by EGDR » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:30 pm

A good start to the season, yes attendance is low but hopefully we play like we did last season then crowds (I hope!) will improve.
Thnak you all for the match updates on here and keep the match updates coming as I'm in the Marshall Islands (In the middle of the Pacific Ocean! Am I the furthest flung Darlo fan??) and I don't have access to Facebook while I'm away for the next 6 months!!

mensamoo

Post by mensamoo » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Well done to the defence today. Little time to get to know each other. Leon Scott was given pressure by a physical attack. He coped well. Martin Grey did well to bring in quality after losing Gary Brown.
let's get a new FA. This one's broken.

quakerfan

Post by quakerfan » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:40 am

Glad to see someone come in with a remark about the defence . After all the pre season flap about problems in defence I am very happy to see a clean sheet to start the season , long may this continue .

duane dibley

Post by duane dibley » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:54 am

Lancashire Quaker wrote:Gettin !! From a scorching Greece !!!
avoid Rhodes :clap: full of smelly piss soaked bullshitting wannabe millionaires called ted the liar :clap:

Lancashire Quaker

Post by Lancashire Quaker » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:41 am

Haha , I'm in Zante :)

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:58 am

http://www.darlington1883.co.uk/?p=4962

Pure class at times. The set up by Dowson for the 1st and a scorching cross field diagonal pass by Robinson shortly after. Jordan is a very decent player.

Give me a wet day at HP than Greece anytime (erm)

micra3

Post by micra3 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:20 am

quakerfan wrote:Glad to see someone come in with a remark about the defence . After all the pre season flap about problems in defence I am very happy to see a clean sheet to start the season , long may this continue .

Totally agree with this-Warrington had very few efforts on goal.
M I C R A 3

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:54 am

Fair report from Warrington website

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/warringto ... 15956.html
Warrington Reporter wrote:Warrington Town fell to defeat on the opening day of the season, going down 2-0 to much-fancied Darlington.

Goals either side of half time helped the home side to a relatively comfortable victory in miserable wet and windy conditions at Bishop Auckland's Heritage Park.

Town started positively and had the ball in the net within five minutes, only for Ben Wharton to be ruled offside having slid the ball past goalkeeper Mark Bell.

Darlington, who gained promotion as champions last year in their first season as a reformed club, slowly took control of the game, and winger Stephen Thompson was a constant threat on the left hand side, tormenting first Phil Davies, and then Michael Kennedy after the two full-backs switched sides midway through the first half.

It was just after the midway point of the first half that Darlington scored the opening goal, Jonny Davis curling in to the far corner after David Dowson laid him off on the edge of the box.

The goal came in the middle of a period of sustained pressure from the home side, and it took a double save from

Craig Dootson to keep the score at 1-0, first saving from Thompson's shot and then the subsequent headed rebound from Amar Purewal.

Jack West and James McCarten both saw yellow in the closing stages of the half, as Warrington tried to keep in the game, going in 1-0 down at the break.

Thompson nearly doubled Darlington's advantage at the start of the second half, forcing a fine save from Dootson, as they continued from where they left off before half time.

Darlington centre-back Jordan Robinson then dragged a shot wide, before a foul by earned the home side a free kick around 35 yards out.

On came substitute Andy Johnson, and he ran straight in to the box, and powered home a header from Terry Galbraith's subsequent free kick with his first touch to make it 2-0.

As the game approached the hour mark, Warrington continued to struggle to gain a foothold in the match.

The introduction of Chris Gahgan, on for Liam Dawson, injected some life in to the visitors, but not enough to drag them back in to the game.

The only real chance mustered of note was a low shot by captain David Mannix, which was comfortably saved by Bell in the Darlington goal, with both Wharton and Ciaran Kilheeney left frustrated with a lack of service up front.

As the heavens opened, leaving the travelling Warrington fans drenched in defeat, Darlington closed out the game to earn them three points in the first game of the new season.

Warrington: Dootson, Davies, Kennedy, Dogan, McCarten, Robinson, Kilheeney, Mannix, Wharton, Dawson, West. Subs: Gahgan (for Dawson), Greenwood (for Dogan), Mooney, Newby, Millington (for West)

Darlington: Bell, Hunter, Weldon, Davis, Robinson, Scott, Moore, Galbraith, Dowson, Thompson, Purewal. Subs: Johnson, Turns, Robinson, Gott, Hedley.

Attendance: 1,176

Referee: Danny Markham

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:54 am

duane dibley wrote:
avoid Rhodes :clap: full of smelly piss soaked bullshitting wannabe millionaires called ted the liar :clap:
LOL

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:42 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:
MikeinBlack2 wrote:Attendance is 1176
Not so good.
I'd go further than "not so good" and say "SHOCKING"

Before all the happy clappers come on here with their "oh it's raining, oh it's the holidays, oh this that and the other", let's put this dire crowd in context...

It is lower than any Northern League Saturday crowd last season, and this is the season opener where we traditionally get about 25% more people through the gates.

What can we look forward to based on this? Some Saturday gates less than 1,000 and I daren't think what sort of midweek crowds we'll get. Massive eye opener and a shocker.

We need to be back in Darlo so badly.
The crowd was worryingly low and I wonder if promotion to this new league might be a problem. We all knocked The Northern League (and rightly so :lol: ) but we kind of knew a bit about the other teams and where they were geographically. I've just looked at the Evo 1 League table and the teams/towns mean nothing to me.

The pressure will be on for the team to get steamrollering again as to maintain maximum interest.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Quaker0006

Post by Quaker0006 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:49 pm

I dont normally get into the attendance debates but i cant see that figure being correct.

As per others, Leon Scott man of the match for me with Davis close behind. Davis has had a bright preseason considering he may well have found himself down the pecking order and deserved his start. Thought Terry was well off the pace but maybe hasnt had full preseason - hell of a cross though.

First 15mins were worrying but pleased with start. If the Weldon / Scott combo can perform like that till Browns back, might do ok

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 pm

Apparently there were reasons for people staying away according to someone on twitter last night, due to unhappiness with the club. When questioned if these people stayed away when RS or GH was in charge they didn't have an answer. Typical Darlo fans everybody
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:30 pm

quakersam wrote:Apparently there were reasons for people staying away according to someone on twitter last night, due to unhappiness with the club. When questioned if these people stayed away when RS or GH was in charge they didn't have an answer. Typical Darlo fans everybody
surely the CIC elections are a golden opportunity for those with underlying difficulties to register their concerns or even put up a candidate. (Although to be fair I guess some may have issues with the CIC concept itself). If so, I hope the positive tweets from supporters direct about our structure provide a modicum of independent reassurance.

It is nowhere near the aimless fiefdom it was under past regimes.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:37 pm

Just an excuse. :roll:

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:42 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Just an excuse. :roll:

And a piss poor one.The summer of rumour and counter rumour,Whinge and whine has gone.The lads are out on the pitch again playing in what looks a better standard of football.If they dont want to support the club then support the team.

charlie

Post by charlie » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:48 pm

Twintowers wrote:

And a piss poor one.The summer of rumour and counter rumour,Whinge and whine has gone.The lads are out on the pitch again playing in what looks a better standard of football.If they dont want to support the club then support the team.

The thing is we are the club now, the only people being hurt by stay always are ourselves. Things are not perfect, but we have elections coming up , to have a vote and a voice. To be honest if something isn't to anyone's liking then complain, do something about it, this isn't directed at you by the way it's a general observation.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Twintowers wrote:

I fully agree. I didn't see these people staying away under Singh (that's the only other ownership that the football club has been under throughout my years of being a fan of DFC).

Anyone disillusioned with the running of the club (or any other issue they may have) should contact the club through the right channels. It's easy to find how to do so and it's easily done. Depriving the football club of your support is doing no good for no one.

We (the fans) have a greater voice than what we ever have done. We should embrace it.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:48 am

duane dibley wrote:

I see the immortal one is still creeping around the Darlo facebook page ...reckons he's sponsoring 10 games this season :lol: :lol:

Still waiting for his reply on the 3 Northern league sides who he reckons had his imaginary catering company as their shirt sponsor last season :lol:
The immortal headcase is certifiable :thumbup:

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:46 am

Big shame, the greasy haired fat t*** blocked me on Facebook. No doubt he'll read this, then unblock me to post a huge rant.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:03 pm

AndyPark wrote:Big shame, the greasy haired fat t*** blocked me on Facebook. No doubt he'll read this, then unblock me to post a huge rant.

Your not missing much ....How he was a month old baby when he first watched a Darlo game,How hes a millionaire ,Darlos savior and how he's pissing back off to Greece with his mail order ladyboy bride in tow :lol: Just the usual :lol:

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:15 pm

davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:
AndyPark wrote:Big shame, the greasy haired fat t*** blocked me on Facebook. No doubt he'll read this, then unblock me to post a huge rant.

Your not missing much ....How he was a month old baby when he first watched a Darlo game,How hes a millionaire ,Darlos savior and how he's pissing back off to Greece with his mail order ladyboy bride in tow :lol: Just the usual :lol:
Don't forget he's sponsored us ten times this season on the way lol
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

footifan

Post by footifan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:15 pm

" After an hour's drive home with the heater on max I was still dripping wet and went straight under the shower for a warm up.
Those who've written from abroad to say how hot it is, would they really want it like that! "

Err now let me think ummmm Miss the footy but love the weather out here...Do not miss freezing my bollocks off / getting soaked at some poxy little ground in the middle of deepest Lancs or Yorkshur or even Bishop . If & when we get a ground in Darlo , I will have to make the pilgrimage of course... well if they have air conditioned Executive boxes :lol:

darlojay

Post by darlojay » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:59 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Can't see any other reason that they would want to pay to be in our programme unless they are hoping for some business from us.
It's a league advert, all programmes in Evo Stik have to carry it.