Darlington FC V Kendal Town

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington FC V Kendal Town

Post by poppyfield » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:43 pm

So who would pick to start tomorrow (assuming they are fit) i think i would go for.

Bell; Hunter, Robinson, Scott, Weldon; Moore, Robinson, Gott, Thompson; Johnson, Purewal.

Bench: Turns, Galbraith, Davis, Hedley, Dowson.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

lo36789

Re: Darlington FC V Kendal Town

Post by lo36789 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:28 pm

Based on what I have read I'd go...

Bell, Gott, Hunter, Robinson, Scott, Moore, Davis, Robinson, Thompson, Dowson, Purewal.

Slot Hunter into the centre he looks quite big, he played in the centre all through pre-season and he looked 'comfortable' there. Putting Gott at RB provides a good 'footballing' outlet out there to find Moore and the CM's.

Davis will provide stability, Robinson the creativity in midfield and up top I'd go back to what we know Dowson & Purewal were first rate last season. Let Dowson run their defence ragged for 45-60, after that bring on Johnson for either Dows or Purewal depending on what their defence looks like! If they look susceptible to being ran at push Thommo up top for the other striker and bring on Hedley.

Keep it solid for the first 45 though, last thing we need is to be conceding goals.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:35 pm

Predictions guys

Darlo 3-1
Att.1353

Andy Johnson hat trick

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:19 pm

4-1 AJ 2 , Dowson , OG

JPearson97

Post by JPearson97 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:30 pm

Hmm, to be honest I'd be tempted to put Hunter at centre-back alongside Robinson. He played there more than enough times for Shildon and he's more of a centre-half than Scott. Drop in Gott at right-back and then put Scott left-back. Harsh on Weldon I know, but Scott was superb for us last season.

As for the midfield, I think now is the chance for Paul Robinson to lay down the marker. Davis to stay in as he has had two very good games up to now and will provide good protection to the back four. Moore and Thompson on the wings, with Johnson and Purewal up top.

Lancashire Quaker

Post by Lancashire Quaker » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:49 pm

Darlo 3-1
Thompson , AJ , Dowson
Att. 1361

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:14 pm

I have a feeling we will keep the defence the same, Leon didn't have a great game and he was caught 1 on 1 too often. However I think we possibly lost it through the centre of midfield more and this is where I can see a change, Gott I can see being selected for Galbraith/Davis and maybe Dowson in for Amar if he is still unwell.

Will be interesting to see what MG does, anyhow whatever he does still can't wait for tomorrows game again.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:03 pm

Although I thought our two centre mids were quite poor, but at times we seem to play 4-2-4. The defensive work from Thompson and Moore are minimal, so I'm not surprised we are one on one a lot

TheFriendlyFan

Post by TheFriendlyFan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:21 pm

Based on the other day I'd go for:
Bell
Hunter, Robinson, Scott, Weldon
Moore, Davis/Gott, Robinson, Thompson
Dowson, AJ

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Harsh on Weldon, he was one of our better players on Saturday
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:12 pm

We will probably smash Kendal 2-0 in a game where we have 23 clear goal scoring chances but annoyingly as fuck, since we descended into this living version of football hell, we will win another game of football and humdrum our way to another 3 points.

In Gray I massively trust and would take a workmanlike 2-0 in any day.

But when the fuck is our quality team going to pull down the trousers of a team and spank someone 10-0. There's been other shitey teams do it to other slightly shitier teams at this level. So for cliff's sake surely our current team of Galaxios are going to dry bum some team from Manchester?!

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:33 am

Darlo to win 3-1 in front of 1151 spectators, AJ to get the first. A win, any win would do though.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Ash_Quaker

Post by Ash_Quaker » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:17 am

MikeinBlack2 wrote:Darlo to win 3-1 in front of 1151 spectators, AJ to get the first. A win, any win would do though.
It won't for you though Mike, will it?

Unless we win by 5 or more with a clean sheet, you'll be on here proclaiming it to be the end of the world.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:45 am

3 nil Darlo
Att...1150 if it hadnt been a bank holiday it would have dropped into 3 figures :sick:

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:01 am

Ash_Quaker wrote:
MikeinBlack2 wrote:Darlo to win 3-1 in front of 1151 spectators, AJ to get the first. A win, any win would do though.
It won't for you though Mike, will it?

Unless we win by 5 or more with a clean sheet, you'll be on here proclaiming it to be the end of the world.
Or not....I only get excited when we play absolute gash and get our players don't turn up and put in a shift.
I've been a Darlo fan for around 40 years now and it seems that almost every time, nearly without fail, we get a bit of hope and we are actually doing something on the pitch we go and blow it.
I simply get frustrated when we should be winning...there is no way we should be conceeding 4 goals in a league match and certainly not through defensive errors. Last season our fitness clearly showed in the last quarter of the game against the yokels in the Northern League, this season the opposition seem to be more or less at our fitness level, so we need to be robust in defence and clinical in attack- we were neither on Saturday.
I'm as much of a fan as the next man, I simply get frustrated when our guys simply don't produce the goods. However, I'm sure Martin has had a few whispers in their ears since Saturday and the boys are under no illusions as to what is expected this afternoon.
Last edited by MikeinBlack2 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come on Darlo!

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:05 am

could be a high scoring game as both teams look as though they can score and concede goals at will

Stylecounciller

Post by Stylecounciller » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:50 am

I agree with mikeinblack a bit of criticism of the teams performance if they have had a bad game is normal. Do you think MG will be saying don't worry lads you've had a bad game but it's ok?! Will he bollocks!!

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:09 pm

I don't think MG will be in floods of years, crying like a tart on Facebook as if its the end of the world, just because we got stuffed one week.

Mikeinblack needs to have a fucking word with himself, it's pathetic and cringey to see his OTT reactions all over the Internet when a team that pretty much destroys everything in its path has a bad week.

Stylecounciller

Post by Stylecounciller » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:33 pm

I don't go on Facebook so I can't comment on posts on there. I agree he won't be in "floods of tears" but he will have been pissed at the performance, success isn't built on mediocrity it's about the winning mentality, the lads will know it's how we bounce back and thats what matters now!

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:38 pm

Actually JM I don't recall saying much at all on FaceBook after/durin the debacle on Saturday...care to enlighten me?
Come on Darlo!

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:43 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:Predictions guys

Darlo 3-1
Att.1353

Andy Johnson hat trick
Apart from the scorer, good work
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker