Town fans remember Darlo

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

leedstownfan
Team Supported: Huddersfield Town

Town fans remember Darlo

Post by leedstownfan » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:13 pm

joejaques
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Town fans remember Darlo

Post by joejaques » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:04 pm

leedstownfan wrote:http://downatthemac.proboards.com/threa ... darlington

You're not forgotten
Cheers lads, one of the coldest days of my life when I came to Huds when we were in admin in 2004 with a half shave. Even the guy on the turnstile put 50p in the kitty. Have you had those open ends on the stands filled in yet? :roll:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:23 pm

Yep some great stories on that thread LTF. I can't wait till we play Huddersfield again. I just hope I'm still alive to see it. :D

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:43 pm

That was my first ever away game, and still one of my favourites. There seemed no chance of us taking anything, so winning felt to me like the hodgy effect kicking in - it was our first away win of the season. Maddo's goal was absolutely class, but not because he meant it. He scooped it about 25 foot in the air, but somehow it just looped over phil senior, think he got the nickname flappy for that incident. Great times.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:49 pm

Lets not kid ourselves there's a chance we will never play Huddersfield ever again in a competitive match

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:55 pm

CrazyDarlo wrote:Lets not kid ourselves there's a chance we will never play Huddersfield ever again in a competitive match
Yes but there is always a chance that we might as well.

leedstownfan
Team Supported: Huddersfield Town

Post by leedstownfan » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:27 pm

Ha! I remember that goal - ecstasy for you and agony for us.

Always said I'd have a drink with Pete next time our sides met but we might die of thirst before it happens. You never know though so we'll live in hope. I wish you all another great season you deserve it.

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:40 pm

tdk1 wrote:That was my first ever away game, and still one of my favourites. There seemed no chance of us taking anything, so winning felt to me like the hodgy effect kicking in - it was our first away win of the season. Maddo's goal was absolutely class, but not because he meant it. He scooped it about 25 foot in the air, but somehow it just looped over phil senior, think he got the nickname flappy for that incident. Great times.
To be fair the wind that day was horrendous. Uncovered FC played the fans in the morning and it was dire. Certainly a freakish goal.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:48 pm

I think you'll find it was an inch perfect lob from Maddison, it certainly fooled their keeper or perhaps made a fool of him. :lol: :lol:

Yes I'm looking forward to that drink as well LTF.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:21 am

liddle_4_eva will remember that game for this reason as well.

We weren't allowed to sit in the top rows of the stand. The stewards reason was that "the roof might blow off" which felt like a bit of an exaggeration.

I also remember we had a fan thrown out who took the stewards on a merry chase around the stand for about 10minutes. I only went to about 3 away games that season and the same fan was thrown out of every single one of them.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:23 am

CrazyDarlo wrote:Lets not kid ourselves there's a chance we will never play Huddersfield ever again in a competitive match
Glass half empty sort of day?

There is no reason why Darlo can't rise back to play Huddersfield. AFC Wimbledon, Newport, Aldershot etc have all shown it is possible.

Got to aim high to get there.