return to darlo date and ground requirements

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Al Sharp
Team Supported: Darlington

return to darlo date and ground requirements

Post by Al Sharp » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:11 am

Couple of quick questions:

1. When are we supposed to start playing at Blackwell? Am I right in thinking the start of next season, rather than at some point during next season?

2. In terms of facility/capacity requirements, what do we need to have inplace at each level of the non-league pyramid?

Apologies if these questions have already been answered in the Blackwell thread!

Quakerz

Re: return to darlo date and ground requirements

Post by Quakerz » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:12 am

1 We're aiming to be in for the start of the 2014/15 season. One advantage of sharing the main pitch is it has one developed side with a club house, changing facilities, some seating etc, so that's a head start.

Personally I think the start of next season is optimistic, because there are bound to be hurdles to overcome that nobody has thought of. Maybe delays in funding, ground particulars that have been overlooked and other stuff. That's not a dig at the board by the way, it's just a realisation that these are all part time guys with other jobs.

2 As we are going for promotion we need to be looking at Evostik Premier standard as a minimum, though if finances allow I'd go straight for BSN standard.

For Evostik Premier standard we need a minimum overall capacity of 1,950, 250 covered seats, 250 covered terrace, hard standing all around. That's the basics, but what we need to be aware of is every detail - ie floodlights, changing room size, provision for female changing, tunstiles, provision for disabled, toilets etc etc - there are minimums for each, plus more, at every level

For BSN level we need capacity of 3,000 with ability to increase to 4,000 but can get away with just 250 seats again. Again, we'd need to keep an eye on all the other stuff that goes with it.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:14 am

Quakerz wrote:Personally I think the start of next season is optimistic, because there are bound to be hurdles to overcome that nobody has thought of. Maybe delays in funding, ground particulars that have been overlooked and other stuff. That's not a dig at the board by the way, it's just a realisation that these are all part time guys with other jobs.
Agree with this, we are aiming very high and hopefully we will achieve but if not then I would see no issue with starting next season at Bishop (if they would agree to it). Then moving back to Darlo a few months into the season.

I guess we just need to be patient and back this as it's what we all wanted, if it takes a bit longer then so be it as long as the league are understanding and helpful.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:28 am

I understood we were aiming to play there at some stage of next season i.e. part way through, TBH the sooner the better but if its means late in the season then no worries there, lets get the basics right and make sure the capacity is the same or over what we have now so no potential loss of income from cup games and the facilities make people want to come back from the first game we play

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:13 am

If there is any way we can have 500+ seats to start with then it should seriously be looked into. I know of at least 4 people who have not got season tickets this season because they couldn't get a seat in the main stand. These are elderly people who can't stand for 90 mins, and are people who have stuck with us through the worst of the Arena.

I went down and had a walk around last night. The club house looks as smart as it could be with a big bar, and separate corporate facilities...absolutely ideal. The seating area is not up to scratch though. The floor is made of wood/chipboard and i don't think it will be allowed to be counted. This could work in our favour because the seats are grand (160 of them) and could be used elsewhere. Longterm, there is room to build a stand closer to the pitch with access behind. Plenty of space elsewhere. But if we're going to erect a stand(s) on the other side of the pitch we will need new subs benches as the ones there now are 10ft high and solid breeze blocks...we'll need some perspex ones like at HP.

The site itself has loads of potential, but equally loads of work.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:51 am

dickdarlington wrote:If there is any way we can have 500+ seats to start with then it should seriously be looked into. I know of at least 4 people who have not got season tickets this season because they couldn't get a seat in the main stand. These are elderly people who can't stand for 90 mins, and are people who have stuck with us through the worst of the Arena.

I went down and had a walk around last night. The club house looks as smart as it could be with a big bar, and separate corporate facilities...absolutely ideal. The seating area is not up to scratch though. The floor is made of wood/chipboard and i don't think it will be allowed to be counted. This could work in our favour because the seats are grand (160 of them) and could be used elsewhere. Longterm, there is room to build a stand closer to the pitch with access behind. Plenty of space elsewhere. But if we're going to erect a stand(s) on the other side of the pitch we will need new subs benches as the ones there now are 10ft high and solid breeze blocks...we'll need some perspex ones like at HP.

The site itself has loads of potential, but equally loads of work.
Now we have agreement to use the main pitch 2014/15 starts to look just about achievable, for me the best way would be to build one big " proper" stand like the new east stand at feethams or triple sized HP main stand opposite the club house, this could incorporate all the requirements up to the football leauge standard, like seats, female changing rooms, toilets, turnstiles the lot, Bar the fence.
Cost will be the big issue we will have to see costings for Proper football league style stand v cowsheds and portacabins, My moneys on Cowsheds and years of DIY, but at least its back to Darlo

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:55 am

Whether we are staying on the Rugby Pitch permanently is not decided currently, although we will be there for a few years.

I think Cowsheds and DIY is probably a very accurate view though. Anyone who went to Clitheroe will remember how many different stands they had obviously built on over the years.

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:37 pm

I read that it is hoped we will move during the 2014/15, not necessarily at the start of the season, however it would been wiser to say the start of the following season with option to bring the date forward if all goes to plan.
Last edited by Quakers1883 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FORZA DARLO

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Al Sharp wrote:Couple of quick questions:

1. When are we supposed to start playing at Blackwell? Am I right in thinking the start of next season, rather than at some point during next season?

2. In terms of facility/capacity requirements, what do we need to have inplace at each level of the non-league pyramid?

Apologies if these questions have already been answered in the Blackwell thread!
In terms of capacity and segregation

Grade A(Step 1): Minimum operational capacity of 4,000, with the potential to achieve 5,000 in the future, clubs MUST have the ability to segregate supporters

Grade B(Step 2): Minimum operating capacity of 3,000 with the potential to rise to 4,000

Grade C(Step 3): Minimum operating capacity of 1,950 with the potential to rise to 3,000

The Full documents are dated 2 years ago, but can be found at

http://nav.thefa.com/sitecore/content/T ... undGrading

jimmyht

Post by jimmyht » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:06 pm

ted_do wrote:[ for me the best way would be to build one big " proper" stand like the new east stand at feethams or triple sized HP main stand opposite the club house, this could incorporate all the requirements up to the football leauge standard, like seats, female changing rooms, toilets, turnstiles the lot, Bar the fence.
Cost will be the big issue we will have to see costings for Proper football league style stand v cowsheds and portacabins, My moneys on Cowsheds and years of DIY, but at least its back to Darlo
nice idea, but surely totally unrealistic both for the budget and timescale? cant see us being able to build a stand of similar size to HP, never mind one three times the size - surely we have to realise that, at least for now, the Rugby clubhouse is going to have to be our "developed " side of the ground, with any extra facilities other than hardstanding and maybe a bit of cover on the other side being a bonus? With the/ similar Tin Shed behind one goal?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:25 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Whether we are staying on the Rugby Pitch permanently is not decided currently, although we will be there for a few years.

I think Cowsheds and DIY is probably a very accurate view though. Anyone who went to Clitheroe will remember how many different stands they had obviously built on over the years.
I have heard that it will be a properly planned development, not a mish mash of stands put up ad hoc.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:21 pm

loan_star wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:Whether we are staying on the Rugby Pitch permanently is not decided currently, although we will be there for a few years.

I have heard that it will be a properly planned development, not a mish mash of stands put up ad hoc.
I'd have thought whilst a proper plan will be in place it will be designed to be developed over time. Not build a 5,000-6,000 ground in one. Building up to the requirements for the next division with a project each year maybe?

feethams

Post by feethams » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Has anyone seen Curzon Ashton's ground? Looks really smart and relatively new. Holds 4000. Something based on that wouldn't be a bad starting point. There are some good pictures here http://footygrounds.blogspot.co.uk/2012 ... adium.html

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:13 pm

loan_star wrote:

I believe it will be an extra seated stand (covered), a Tin Shed and also possibly the Family stand from Bishop.

Although longer term 5/10 years one of DFC/DRFC will move to another pitch, you would assume the plan will be us but I would imagine a deal could maybe be done depending on what would be the cheapest.

Darlofart

Post by Darlofart » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:45 pm

I love the layout of curzons raised terracing behind the goal, It looks very similar to the polam lane end at feethams. That at one end and a tin shed type set up behind the other goal would be ideal. In fact I'm looking forward to breaking wind at our new ground already.
Frrrt