AJ

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

kingswaykid
Team Supported: Bishop Auckland

AJ

Post by kingswaykid » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Heard at our game v Durham last night that AJ had been placed on the transfer list and 2 bids of 5k from Spenny and Celtic Nation had already been accepted. Just wondering if this is true and if so, why??

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: AJ

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:34 pm

kingswaykid wrote: and 2 bids of 5k from Spenny and Celtic Nation had already been accepted.

Selling him to two different clubs. That's good business.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

bga

Post by bga » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:42 pm

Whilst I have every faith in Martin Gray, he would have to be an absolute magician to keep all our strikers happy if they are all fit. it seems obvious that once Fisher's clearance comes through (where the hell is that I wonder?) at least one will go as has been discussed on here before. If rumour true would we make any profit i.e. how much did he cost us?

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:48 pm

No idea if there's any truth in it but to be honest if we have Fisher to come into the squad then I ,(and a lot of others),reckon someone will go.AJ is a class finisher but does'nt have the graft qualities of Dowson or Purewal to get among defenders.Would like to keep him but sooner or later I think he will go.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:48 pm

Seems odd to bring in Fisher just to move Johnson out, who by all accounts was performing well and scoring goals. Who is to say Fisher will do as well/any better?

That said, striking options are not particularly a concern so if it is making financial sense or whatever, then so be it.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:17 pm

I'd be surprised if this is true, but stranger things have happened. It'd be a shame to see him go, even when Fisher signs.

kingswaykid
Team Supported: Bishop Auckland

Post by kingswaykid » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:34 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
kingswaykid wrote: and 2 bids of 5k from Spenny and Celtic Nation had already been accepted.

Selling him to two different clubs. That's good business.
Obviously I meant both clubs have had bids accepted, now it's down to AJ to choose.

footifan

Post by footifan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:43 pm

IF TRUE... Seems rather odd that the club has accepted two bids at the same figure... surely it makes sense to play one off against the other & get increased bids. Supply & demand.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:03 pm

Barring Fisher cos he's yet to kick a ball, AJ is our best Striker. Simple as that.
Goals per game ratio would back me up.

So I'll be gutted if this is true.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:06 pm

surely at this level it will be where the player would rather go due to personal terms.

If he goes for fisher the fee could pay to strengthen else where further along in the season.

TheFriendlyFan

Post by TheFriendlyFan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:07 pm

This would be a decision I wouldn't agree with at all. He's the last strike I'd be getting rid of, IMO he's our best striker.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:10 pm

footifan wrote:IF TRUE... Seems rather odd that the club has accepted two bids at the same figure... surely it makes sense to play one off against the other & get increased bids. Supply & demand.
They are not buying a house, he is a human being what if he doesn't want to go to the club who offers the more money...we are better accepting the value we set.

Isn't Purewal our top scorer?

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:16 pm

This may be a case of AJ wanting to be guaranteed more game time and, obviously with the strikers currently and due to be at MG's disposal that simply can't happen. Better to accept £5K now and also save on his wages than to wait until later when a fee may not be forthcoming?
However, nothing has come from any 'reliable' source as yet so maybe just speculation?
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Darlo Till I Die

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:44 pm

At least it's 5k profit!
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:17 pm

It would make some sense, when AJ was signed I don't think Fisher was on the horizon and SJ was injured so we had in effect 2 strikers (making the assumption Thompson does not play as an out and out striker anymore in this team) - one of the best on the market was AJ so he came, he has played well and scored well but now we have Fisher, and Purewal is proving as dependable as he was last season it will be very difficult to include AJ in the team on a regular basis.

Dowson will become the super sub I think for the remained of the season and come on 2nd half if required to run the tired defense ragged and bring SJ in where required.

Last consideration is we don't know how the playing budget is going and i suspect Fisher will be costing more than any other player so if we can make some profit to contribute then happy days.

And if it is all bollocks then there will be a real scrap for the up front positions to come and someone will eventually decide to leave through lack of playing time

footifan

Post by footifan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:32 pm

lo36789 wrote:
footifan wrote:IF TRUE... Seems rather odd that the club has accepted two bids at the same figure... surely it makes sense to play one off against the other & get increased bids. Supply & demand.
They are not buying a house, he is a human being what if he doesn't want to go to the club who offers the more money...we are better accepting the value we set.

What a novel response... We are not in human trafficking, but selling a player to the highest bidder... perhaps that is a new concept to you but in the transfer market I think it has caught on already.
We are suppose to be run as a business not a charity.
Obviously personal terms would be agreed by the player. Fees by the clubs. The player does have the right of refusal.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:39 pm

it's all very well if not transfer listed. Very rarely do you reject a bid for a transfer listed player when a club meets your valuation.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Play one off against the other? They are two Northern League clubs. Its not like they are Barcelona and Real Madrid.

footifan

Post by footifan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:43 pm

TFDM wrote:
Play one off against the other? They are two Northern League clubs. Its not like they are Barcelona and Real Madrid.
Both cash rich clubs that want one of our players... err yes why not ?

If we are running the business like that ... no wonder we make losses unless of course we are desperate for cash again.
This is all being based on a rumour from a Bishop fan anyway but the principle does hold.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:17 pm

From what i saw of Spenny on saturday they are missing Cogdon big time.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:32 pm

princes town wrote:From what i saw of Spenny on saturday they are missing Cogdon big time.
He played last night. Scraped 1-0 win v Hebburn
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:22 pm

I was talking with one of the Durham lads last week who played alongside Fisher and he was saying he was a far better player playing out wide who loved to run at players.

If that's the case maybe Gray has brought him in to play out wide which will give Thommo and Moore more competition. Fishers arrival has certainly coincided with Moore's upturn in form.

I would rather that be the case than let AJ go.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:36 pm

It's an interesting one...you could argue that without AJ this season we'd be considerably worse off points wise as he's scored some important goals and is without doubt the best finisher at the club (Fisher excepted), however since he's been out of the team we've steamrollered both of the Ossett clubs.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:22 pm

One of the notable differences has been the return to fitness of Dowson, he may not be an outright goalscorer but he puts in an incredible amount of work. You can also see that Thomo, Dowson and Purwal link up extremely well having played together at Durham.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:37 pm

Dowson is important - I wouldn't like to see him leave.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Catha

Post by Catha » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:47 pm

Can't believe this!! you don't win top goal scorer for 2 seasons of the trot by been lucky it takes talent to do this.. Andy scored 6 goals in under 500 mins ... it's obvious MG has bought him to make a profit .. shocking to treat someone like this, AJ was top goal scorer in the Evo Stik just a matter of weeks ago ...
AJ fought long and hard to come to Darlo!
One un happy fan if this is true ....
Last edited by Catha on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lewis1k89

Post by lewis1k89 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:54 pm

I'll e bouncing if he leaves AJ and Fisher up front will be amazing at this level

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:00 pm

Catha wrote:Can't believe this!! you don't win top goal scorer for 2 seasons of the trot by been lucky it takes talent to do this.. Andy scored 6 goals in under 500 mins ... it's obvious MG has bought him to make a profit .. shocking to treat someone like this, AJ was top goal scorer in the Evo Stik just a matter of weeks ago ...
AJ fought long and hard to come to Darlo!
One un happy fan if this is true ..............
Is it? Is it really though? You're basing this on what facts? Conjecture and rumour. Nothing like Darlo fans over-reacting is there
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

TDS

Post by TDS » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:17 pm

only darlo fans can come out of the woodwork to over-react to this rumour via a bishop fan. lets wait and see, and to be honest if it is true, we've made 5k and got a big wage off the wage bill. dowson and purewal are doing fine and i wouldn't panic even if we did sell. :roll:

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:43 pm

Catha is a 1 post wonder lads. Don't feed the troll!