Fisher vs AJ

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Stu_1
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fisher vs AJ

Post by Stu_1 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:25 am

Something else to factor in to the debate, AJ had a full pre-season with the other lads, played friendlies and generally hit the ground running when the season started! Comare that to Fisher - didnt play for 6-8 weeks while we waited for his clearance to come through plus however long it was before that that he played his last game in Thailand!

Fisher can train as much as he likes in that time but there is nothing like game time to prepare a player for the competetive league matches, give him game time and the rustiness will disappear! Fisher has done a job at a much higher level than this against better, professional defenders, I have no doubt that he will do the job for us this season!

knoxy5000
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fisher vs AJ

Post by knoxy5000 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:14 pm

divas wrote: The fact we've sold a proven scorer and gambled on an unknown quantity rankles with me. We were still creating enough at the beginning of the season but as weeks have gone on we first started missing a lot of chances to put games to bed and have slowly lost confidence and are not now even creating much.
This sums up my feelings. So far the gamble hasn't and isn't paying off us at all. Hoping we turn it around. Guess we all make wrong decisions at some point and so far this seems to be the case.