Darlington v Sunderland Friendly Wednesday

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakersam
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington v Sunderland Friendly Wednesday

Post by quakersam » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:59 pm

There's been a friendly arranged for Wednesday night against a Sunderland XI.
Kevin Ball rang MG to ask for this game so it shows how we've progressed that they want to play us. There will be a few Black Cats first team players involved

Kick off is 7.30pm, Adults £6, Concessions £4, U-16's £2
Last edited by quakersam on Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Fatty eats roadkill

Re: Darlington v Sunderland Friendly Wednesday

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:01 pm

Which players?
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:47 am

Nice fixture. Hopefully we can get a few in and make some money from it, even if it's short notice.

I'd imagine it's to give a bit of match fitness to Sunderland players not involved in international fixtures this week

bga

Post by bga » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:03 pm

I hope MG uses this to give our fringe players a run out. Have to be honest I would not like to think any of our 1st XI are giving up a shift at work for example to play in this as I would rather they save time off for league games. On balance though a good move for the club.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:20 pm

I think this is great. Shame I'm unable to make it, but would defo be there if I didn't have plans

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Would have gone myself but we've got the general secretary up so need to be there instead.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

kingswaykid
Team Supported: Bishop Auckland

Post by kingswaykid » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:34 pm

Does anybody have an idea of what players Sunderland are turning out and price to get in? Thinking of going to the game.

Ash_Quaker

Post by Ash_Quaker » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:50 pm

kingswaykid wrote:Does anybody have an idea of what players Sunderland are turning out and price to get in? Thinking of going to the game.
It's £6 in and every player you're hoping to see play, will.

kingswaykid

Post by kingswaykid » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Ash_Quaker wrote:
kingswaykid wrote:Does anybody have an idea of what players Sunderland are turning out and price to get in? Thinking of going to the game.
It's £6 in and every player you're hoping to see play, will.
:-)

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:35 pm

I am not confident on these happy to be corrected. The following first teamers I don't think will be on international duty.

Mannone, Wes Brown, Phil Bardsley, Giacherinni (obviously spelt wrong), Dossena, Cattermole, Fletcher.

So could get a few of them. Steven Fletcher is returning from injury (right?) so that wouldn't suprise me a great deal - that is assuming he is still being kept in the wilderness by Scotland?

tezza

Post by tezza » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:39 pm

Anything on SAFC Sites regarding who will turn out Wednesday night?

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:40 pm

lo36789 wrote:I am not confident on these happy to be corrected. The following first teamers I don't think will be on international duty.

Mannone, Wes Brown, Phil Bardsley, Giacherinni (obviously spelt wrong), Dossena, Cattermole, Fletcher.

So could get a few of them. Steven Fletcher is returning from injury (right?) so that wouldn't suprise me a great deal - that is assuming he is still being kept in the wilderness by Scotland?
No, he's not in the wilderness. Has been back in the squad pretty much ever since Gordon Strachan took over. He played against the USA at the weekend.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:58 pm

Lee Cattermole will be in the squad tomorrow.

Gus Poyet will also be attending.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:06 pm

Valentin Roberge and El-Hadji Ba also included.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:39 pm

I will go to this one, its always good to watch the higher league teams play against us, and i am sure our players will want to test thier skills against them.
Anyone else making the trip?
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

tezza

Post by tezza » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:21 pm

Yep: Looks like White V Clattermole to see who is sent off first

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Just hope Thompson is not playing in case he has a blinder and Gus wants to swap him for Johnson LOL!!!!!

kingswaykid

Post by kingswaykid » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:48 pm

lo36789 wrote:I am not confident on these happy to be corrected. The following first teamers I don't think will be on international duty.

Out of all them you've mentioned I can only see Cattermole playing. Think it's highly unlikely Gus Poyet will attend. I think Mavrias, Roberge, El Hadji Ba, Watmore and David Moborg Karlsson could play, then a mixture of unknown reserves and youth players.

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:55 pm

kingswaykid wrote:

Out of all them you've mentioned I can only see Cattermole playing. Think it's highly unlikely Gus Poyet will attend. I think Mavrias, Roberge, El Hadji Ba, Watmore and David Moborg Karlsson could play, then a mixture of unknown reserves and youth players.
It's apparently been confirmed already that Poyet and his back room team will be in attendance. So I think it's highly likely he will be there :D

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:00 pm

BlackandwhiteBOB wrote:
kingswaykid wrote:

It's apparently been confirmed already that Poyet and his back room team will be in attendance. So I think it's highly likely he will be there :D

It has indeed been confirmed!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:14 pm

Giacherinni played and scored for Italy last night, so I doubt he'll play.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

kingswaykid

Post by kingswaykid » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:20 pm

BlackandwhiteBOB wrote:
kingswaykid wrote:

Great stuff!! Thought Kevin Ball and Charlie Oatway would attend, maybe Mauricio Taricco at a push but not Poyet. If word gets around the local area about the first team players and manager that's coming I think you'll get a decent crowd. I'll be there with the bairns. All aboard the Gus Bus :-)

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:48 pm

Spyman wrote:

Giacherinni played and scored for Italy last night, so I doubt he'll play.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Yeh didn't realise he was in the Italy squad. Also didn't realise Fletcher had been recalled by Scotland nowadays - think he might have just been injured recently though.

Ah well I got 1!

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Games OFF
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker