Todd Axes James and Starosta

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

uncovered
Site Admin

Todd Axes James and Starosta

Post by uncovered » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:36 am

Colin Todd has acted swiftly to replace Craig James and Ben Starosta after releasing the pair.

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/news.php?NewsID=17

PierremontQuaker03
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Todd Axes James and Starosta

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:17 am

I have seen a quote on another website (loidland):

They came to me and said they felt it wasn't right for them to be at the football club. They felt they could have something better. That is football and that is players. It is up to them and they will look for another challenge," said Todd

Wonder if they were listening to the radio cleveland interview the other night!

I think they are both destined for non-league...if thats better!
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:30 am

Starosta is a young lad who seemed to do well at Brentford and Aldershot. I am sure he could eek out a lower league career.

While I think a lot of the abuse for James has been over the top, he is ultimately a player who would be given a torrid time by any league two side that attacked us. I can't seem him reaching this standard again.
The only times I saw him play well for Darlo were in games when we in complete control and he was going forward: Macc at home 4-0 and Lincoln away 3-1 the same season.

Feel much happier with Arnison and Bower even though they do both lack pace.

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:58 am

convenient that both players who Todd obviously didn't rate, suddenly decide that their futures lie elsewhere. strange that these two were reportedly offered contracts and it wouldn't have looked good if Todd told them he didn't want them after all. so from Todds point of view it is better for him if the players said they wanted to leave because it wouldn't look right in the eyes of the rest of the players at the club on gentlemans agreements.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:06 am

But it would also give the green light to go, for any player here who may be having second thoughts...

We already have stories saying scouts are looking at players, Norwich and Notts County are looking at Lumsdon, a quick scan of a Bradford board sees their fans clamouring to get Gary Smith signed, the vultures are circling already and everybody knows our players are there to be picked up.

And the administrators couldn't give a monkeys.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

physio-kid

Post by physio-kid » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:22 am

have to agree, he may have shot himself in the foot by breaking a gentlemen's agreement with james and starosta, as we could lose other players who feel hw hasnt stuck by his word. But i feel todd knows wot hes doing and since those 2 have left, 2 more have come in and instantly a clean sheet appears!

he did what he needed to do, n lets hope he continues to do that!

Darlo_Chris

Post by Darlo_Chris » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:16 pm

According to Sky Sports, we have offered deals to Arnison and Bower