Poster.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Gow9900
Team Supported: Darlington

Poster.

Post by Gow9900 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:08 pm

A Darlo fan made this poster a while back, and it has recently been doing the rounds on twitter, getting a lot of attention and reaching a lot of people.

Just noticed it has made the Metro website today.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/10/darlingto ... s-4257704/

Definitely think a big push needs to be made going into the run in and hopefully for our return to Darlo next season, a poster campaign making us visible in the town would no doubt be cheap and easy to implement.

I'd be more than happy to go around town putting them in shop windows, pizza shops, newsagents etc. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one that would either.

I'm not naive enough to think we'll get too many more in because of it, but even if we get an extra few heads down to the games it's got to be worth doing?

lo36789

Re: Poster.

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:25 pm

I can't see the image but I have seen something before which I think is stuck up at Prescot Cables, something along the lines of.

"Don't let your kids grow up thinking football is a TV show".

Thought it was quite good.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:03 pm

lo36789 wrote:"Don't let your kids grow up thinking football is a TV show".
May not have been theirs originally but I think I saw Portsmouth advertising their season tickets with this slogan over the summer - dunno whether that was the inspiration for the fan poster that's just gone viral.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

John Tempest

Post by John Tempest » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:36 pm

I understand the sentiments on this one but my advice is to not have anything to do with it, Sky are very litigious and have a huge legal department where they defend their corner very well. Best left alone.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:47 pm

John Tempest wrote:I understand the sentiments on this one but my advice is to not have anything to do with it, Sky are very litigious and have a huge legal department where they defend their corner very well. Best left alone.
It's our poster John! Edit: turns out it's not wonder how the Metro got confused what a great piece of free advertising for us!

It is the metro who mention Sky we don't. I really doubt that sky are going to get in a huff because a club with a capacity crowd of 2,000 try and get people to the games.

Well if they do make it public that they stopped the advert if it's the truth and let that be the story. I bet the funds would have no problem if we got Sky's attention!

John Tempest

Post by John Tempest » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:04 pm

Unfortunately it has the logo on and mentions season tickets which could get the club into trouble which is the last thing anyone wants at present. The club have apparently been already contacted about it, not being a kill joy here but it really needs to disappear.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:19 pm

John Tempest wrote:Unfortunately it has the logo on and mentions season tickets which could get the club into trouble which is the last thing anyone wants at present. The club have apparently been already contacted about it, not being a kill joy here but it really needs to disappear.
If something is viral on social media it isn't going to just disappear.

By your logic I can create a poster with Sky's logo, could find one with a google search. Which says "Don't visit Darlington Football Club". Does that mean DFC can take legal action against Sky?

If we didn't make it we didn't make it!

TDS

Post by TDS » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:26 pm

The club have distanced themselves from it too, and the fact season tickets aren't actually available means its a bit of a misleading advertising, but exposure none-the-less.

TS3

Post by TS3 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:28 pm

If the poster was made last close season, why had no one seen it before this week?

Sent from my tablet using Tapatalk 4

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:34 pm

It was tweeted in July but has surfaced this week for some reason, great exposure TBH regardless, hit the press and social media, our name is out there

DAFTS

Post by DAFTS » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:26 pm

Imagine if Sky sued? Even better publicity. Not going to, they may have no soul but they're not stupid either and football doesn't exist out of the top six, FL72 or pre-1990 Just a shame it didn't go viral in July instead

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 2

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:34 am

John Tempest wrote:Unfortunately it has the logo on and mentions season tickets which could get the club into trouble which is the last thing anyone wants at present. The club have apparently been already contacted about it, not being a kill joy here but it really needs to disappear.
your talking out your arse.
Think before posting

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:59 am

lo36789 wrote:

By your logic I can create a poster with Sky's logo, could find one with a google search. Which says "Don't visit Darlington Football Club". Does that mean DFC can take legal action against Sky?

Incorrect.

If something is viral on social media it will be tomorrow's virtual chip paper.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

charlie

Post by charlie » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:26 pm

Spyman wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

Incorrect.

If something is viral on social media it will be tomorrow's virtual chip paper.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
That's the problem, it's an old fan made poster from beginning of season that's resurfaced so it doesn't just disappear x

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:51 pm

Of course it will disappear. It may have been created at the start of the season, but it has not been in the public eye/social media since the start of the season.

These things pop up out of the blue and disappear from memory a few days later, regardless of when they actually happen. You see it all the time.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:17 pm

Flap
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:38 pm

I don't think there will be a problem here. Too over cautious. Shame the exposure wasn't when we were selling season tickets and we could have made it a bit more professional looking. Great thought behind it though. @brilliantads has just tweeted it, they have over 300k followers!