Advertising to investers

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Advertising to investers

Post by poppyfield » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:56 am

Just looking back to 2012 the amount of coverage we were getting in the press for fund raising was incredible, i know things are a bit different now, but,lets face it if you are not a Darlo die hard and follow this site or the offical website, how else would you know whats going on and what we need to achieve?
I know the club has organised the business breakfast meetings, giving out flyers at matches and the Echo has a printed a couple of articles, but imo its not enough, we need to get the word out there, how, thats the question, and we only have a few weeks.
I would not like to think in 2 weeks time we just dont make it, or we could of done more.
So suggestions please, i know some of you out there will be more media savvy than me, any good ideas can be passed to club.

A few ideas of mine:
An interview with one of business companies who has already invested in the Echo.
An interview with MG and the Echo.
An interview with MG and the Gazzette
Get Jenny Chapman in the interviews.
Some sort of pledge event at the Dolphin centre. Players involved.
Radio tees were all over like a rash not long ago how about some sort of follow up Article.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

micra3

Re: Advertising to investers

Post by micra3 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:20 pm

How about pledges can be made at HP on Saturday
M I C R A 3

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:36 pm

micra3 wrote:How about pledges can be made at HP on Saturday
Nice one, also 2 big home games on the 8th and 15 th of Feb.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:38 pm

Can't be done I don't think. It would fall foul of the FCA rules which are covered off by Squareknot.

All the other suggestions are great, except I don't think we have the resource to do it. Everyone involved in the club have jobs/families/other responsibilities both with and outwith the club.

If somebody came forward and said "Can I hold an investment 'clinic' on Saturday at the match. I will talk to people about the investment options and explain how to invest through squareknot". As long as this person does actually understand the information then I am sure the club would appreciate the help!

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:51 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Can't be done I don't think. It would fall foul of the FCA rules which are covered off by Squareknot.

All the other suggestions are great, except I don't think we have the resource to do it. Everyone involved in the club have jobs/families/other responsibilities both with and outwith the club.

If somebody came forward and said "Can I hold an investment 'clinic' on Saturday at the match. I will talk to people about the investment options and explain how to invest through squareknot". As long as this person does actually understand the information then I am sure the club would appreciate the help!
So it can be done , as long as its done in the right way?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:00 pm

poppyfield wrote:
No, it can't be done. (I think)

micra asked if you can make pledges at HP on Saturday.

My understanding is that as people have to self certify you couldn't take the pledge on Saturday. You could direct them/advise them/help them but you couldn't actually get the pledge on Saturday.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:13 pm

lo36789 wrote:
poppyfield wrote:
No, it can't be done. (I think)

micra asked if you can make pledges at HP on Saturday.

My understanding is that as people have to self certify you couldn't take the pledge on Saturday. You could direct them/advise them/help them but you couldn't actually get the pledge on Saturday.
Could someone with a laptop willing to set things up for those that are not confident in doing these things be possible.

Or taking names and number of those that are willing to pledge but don't the internet side of things, time arranged with person to go through and set up for them.

Lot of work for someone to take on but could be worth it. I don't have the time to set this up but would me more than willing to be one of a number of people willing to support the none interent savy.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:35 pm

I think you'd have to be careful not to "pushing" too much. An investor has to be left to self certify themselves. We are in danger of saying "now just tick the box and say ok".

The clinic would be best if there were a few people who talk through that investment map, had copies of the slides from the fans forum and just helped people understand what they get depending on where they put their money.

It is up to them to judge what is best. We could probably get away with a "How to navigate squareknot" type document (or maybe a list of volunteers who will give up their time on the phone if someone has a query).

The important thing is that people understand the declaration that they are making and are comfortable they have made that declaration and not somebody else.

darren

Post by darren » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:55 pm

why not get the buckets out for the back to darlo fund during our next three matches.lets not just stand at the turnstiles have a lap or two around the ground during the game for those that missed it entering the ground, or now have some change after going to burger bar etc.then let the club put it into the account on our behalf.remember theres lots of us out there without the means and knowledge of how to donate by computer[older and young generations]

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:06 pm

I will be having a stall at HP in the next couple of weeks to sell another batch of retro scarves (funded by DAFTS).
I am more than willing to have a bucket on the stall for Back to Darlo donations, if this is ok with the club.

darren

Post by darren » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:34 pm

thats great quakerlady but also think we have to cover both sets of entrances to maximise the potential.

olrad

Post by olrad » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:42 pm

i have volunteered my services if required in regards to home match bucket collections via the CIC, and apparently we are awaiting approvel . the cash will have to go into the B2D pot . doesn't some one on here have access to collection buckets? and has any one else volunteered ?

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:47 pm

olrad wrote:i have volunteered my services if required in regards to home match bucket collections via the CIC, and apparently we are awaiting approvel . the cash will have to go into the B2D pot . doesn't some one on here have access to collection buckets? and has any one else volunteered ?
Mary and Glen/Supporters Club, have always had buckets for collections. Speak to them about it.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:10 pm

poppyfield wrote:Just looking back to 2012 the amount of coverage we were getting in the press for fund raising was incredible, i know things are a bit different now, but,lets face it if you are not a Darlo die hard and follow this site or the offical website, how else would you know whats going on and what we need to achieve?
I know the club has organised the business breakfast meetings, giving out flyers at matches and the Echo has a printed a couple of articles, but imo its not enough, we need to get the word out there, how, thats the question, and we only have a few weeks.
I would not like to think in 2 weeks time we just dont make it, or we could of done more.
So suggestions please, i know some of you out there will be more media savvy than me, any good ideas can be passed to club.

A few ideas of mine:
An interview with one of business companies who has already invested in the Echo.
An interview with MG and the Echo.
An interview with MG and the Gazzette
Get Jenny Chapman in the interviews.
Some sort of pledge event at the Dolphin centre. Players involved.
Radio tees were all over like a rash not long ago how about some sort of follow up Article.
Had another idea , why not set up a press/media thing at the fans forum?
not part of the forum of course, MG might already be there, invite our MP some of the business firms who have already invested, kill 2 birds with one stone sort of thing.

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:57 pm

kill 2 birds with one stone sort of thing.

What? and have the RSPCA on our backs. :-)
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:10 am

RUMPLESTILTSKIN wrote:kill 2 birds with one stone sort of thing.

What? and have the RSPCA on our backs. :-)
Whatever did happen to the Darlo Swan?
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:51 am

It turned into a goose.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:12 am

banktopp wrote:It turned into a goose.
Can we get it to lay a golden egg? :roll: