Famous Darlo Supporter

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TSQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Famous Darlo Supporter

Post by TSQuaker » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:04 pm

What was the name of that lass off X-Factor / Pop Idol? She was from Darlo wasn't she?
Northern League Champions 2013

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:25 pm

Sussex07 wrote:
Stan_Darlo wrote:Stuart Hall?
Good shout for the World Champ..pretty sure vic/jim lived in Hewitson road as a kid.
Vic/Jim did live at Hewitson Road and went to Eastbourne. As a kid a few of us knocked on his door once but unsurprisingly he wasn't in!

No idea what we would of said if he was in...

Quaker0006

Post by Quaker0006 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:46 pm

TSQuaker wrote:What was the name of that lass off X-Factor / Pop Idol? She was from Darlo wasn't she?

Zoe Birkett? Yes she was but not a footie fan

Darl-Zero

Post by Darl-Zero » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:11 pm

Loads of primates (monkeys) must support us as they don't much like Hartlepool for some reason.
Maybe Bonzo and his co-star Ronald Reagan!

The Bishop
Team Supported: Bishop

Post by The Bishop » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:21 pm

quakerfan wrote:I don't know of any other club that has a character in a book named after them as a tribute to one of their famous fans !!!
One of the writers on Neighbours is a Bishop Auckland fan. As a tribute..... Harold Bishop.

Rufusuk

Post by Rufusuk » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:08 pm

PETER STAUNTON ~ Sky Sports News (formerly ITV News at Ten sports correspondent. Been to many Darlo matches.

theoriginalcount

Post by theoriginalcount » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:02 am

Hi everyone

I'm a big motorbike racing fan and there's a guy who does the official British Superbikes radio called 'Scoop' Carter who makes the odd reference to 'his beloved Darlington FC' on air.

The same guy works for the BBC and Eurosport doing commentaries on bike and car racing occasionally and I have heard him make funny comments, especially goading one of his colleagues who is originally from Billingham and saying it's far too close to Hartlepool Nil (as he refers to it!)

I'll listen out again this season

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:53 am

theoriginalcount wrote:Hi everyone

I'm a big motorbike racing fan and there's a guy who does the official British Superbikes radio called 'Scoop' Carter who makes the odd reference to 'his beloved Darlington FC' on air.

The same guy works for the BBC and Eurosport doing commentaries on bike and car racing occasionally and I have heard him make funny comments, especially goading one of his colleagues who is originally from Billingham and saying it's far too close to Hartlepool Nil (as he refers to it!)

I'll listen out again this season
Sounds like Larry Carter from Northallerton.
A season ticket holder a few years back, I've lost touch with him over past 5 years

bigfatpete
Team Supported: Sunderland

Post by bigfatpete » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Playwright Phil Woods is an avid Darlington fan. He wrote for Coronation Street for many years and often slipped references to Darlington players into his script. When the Rovers syndicate had a horse called Betty's Hotpot, it was beaten by a horse named after a colleague of mine who was also a Feethams regular.
You don't need famous fans, just loyal fans and you pass the litmus test on that.