Music

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

SFG
Team Supported: Darlington

Music

Post by SFG » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:57 pm

I don't go to Heritage Park to listen to the pre/half time/post match music.

...but Saturday's selection was particularly dismal. (Tinkerbell and Gregorian chanters?)

Take a leaf out of the Premier division clubs and have something vaguely upbeat and inspirational?

Only my opinion.

uncovered
Site Admin

Re: Music

Post by uncovered » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Your gunna love the selection of 80's music on Wednesday then! Bring your disco balls, oh lamour, what's a boy in love supposed to do!!!!

Darlofart

Post by Darlofart » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:02 pm

You sound like a barrel of laughs! While we're at it lets also field 11 foreign players and charge £30 admission like most premier league clubs.
For what it's worth I thought the music at half time was very good and I also noticed several Heritage Park main stand regulars tapping their feet and wiggling their oversized hips to one or two indie classics.
Keep up the good work Scott, although a bit more Simple Minds (the name being apt for some of the kill joys on here) wouldn't go a miss, (Waterfront, Ghost dancing or I-travel to name a few).
The half time music is just a bit of fun at the end of the day and I very much doubt people travel 12 miles out of town to listen to music blasting out of tinny speakers.
Frrrrrrrrrrraaap

THE PRINCE OF WALES

Post by THE PRINCE OF WALES » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:38 pm

Wonder if we will get any Rolling Stones,Pink Floyd.for the older ones!!!!!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:36 pm

I noticed the music yesterday because the sound quality seemed much better/ clearer than usual. That was over near the hot dog stand.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:40 pm

Whilst it's not to everyone's taste it is at least diverse. And we rarely have the same songs week in week out. I like seeing what curveball is coming next. And sometimes you get a "I haven't heard this in years song". Keep it up Scott. It's better than hearing Avici three times in the space of an afternoon

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:38 pm

I think the sound is better since we purchased the mixer and play the music through our airport express. As for the music, I try to have a bit if everything. Pre match is normally dancey as this is what the players want for their warm up. Can't please everybody but I try to play a bit of everything. As I say , it's 80's Wednesday, so be prepared.

uncovered
Site Admin

Music

Post by uncovered » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:47 am

Was trying to rack my little brain into what I played different to the norm on Saturday. I really can't see what is wrong with the selection .

Pre match was upbeat, avicii, addicted to you. Beyoncé and shakira, beautiful liar Freemasons remix, chemical brothers, hey boy hey girl. To name a few.

Half time: stone roses, waterfall. Inspiral carpets, this is how it feels. U2. The style council, shout it to the top.

Full time. Electronic, getting away with it, Adam and the ants, stand and deliver. Kenny logins, danger zone. Terence Trent Darby, wishing well.

Not a bad coverage of different tastes in my opinion. Can you give me an idea of some of the music you would like to hear SFG?

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:45 am

THE PRINCE OF WALES wrote:Wonder if we will get any Rolling Stones,Pink Floyd.for the older ones!!!!!
Can't play Floyd unless the ref agrees to an extended half time. :roll:

charlie

Post by charlie » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:54 pm

Scott don't worry about it, you can't please everyone , least you give Rick Astley a rest when your in charge of the PA x

shawry

Post by shawry » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:01 pm

dickdarlington wrote:Whilst it's not to everyone's taste it is at least diverse. And we rarely have the same songs week in week out. I like seeing what curveball is coming next. And sometimes you get a "I haven't heard this in years song". Keep it up Scott. It's better than hearing Avici three times in the space of a month
fixed that for you

WeAreDFC

Post by WeAreDFC » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:55 pm

Half time tunes were quality on Saturday (apart from U2) :thumbup:

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:09 pm

SFG wrote:I don't go to Heritage Park to listen to the pre/half time/post match music.

...but Saturday's selection was particularly dismal. (Tinkerbell and Gregorian chanters?)

Take a leaf out of the Premier division clubs and have something vaguely upbeat and inspirational?

Only my opinion.
Bring in some songs of your own then, I'm sure Scott would be happy to add some of them to his playlist.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:55 pm

charlie wrote:Scott don't worry about it, you can't please everyone , least you give Rick Ghastly a rest when your in charge of the PA x
Edited for you Charlie. :roll:

Darlingtonia

Post by Darlingtonia » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:57 pm

Surely on Wednesday it should be something from "Cammell Laird Social Club" by Half Man Half Biscuit

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:58 pm

Darlingtonia wrote:Surely on Wednesday it should be something from "Cammell Laird Social Club" by Half Man Half Biscuit
Excellent choice. "The Referee's Alphabet"perhaps.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:17 pm

shawry wrote:
dickdarlington wrote:Whilst it's not to everyone's taste it is at least diverse. And we rarely have the same songs week in week out. I like seeing what curveball is coming next. And sometimes you get a "I haven't heard this in years song". Keep it up Scott. It's better than hearing Avici three times in the space of a month
fixed that for you
No you didn't. Last non Darlo game I went to, they played the same song before kick off. At half time and then when we were leaving the ground. It was like the episode of father Ted where they only had one record.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:23 pm

Bring back the Cockerton brass band

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:39 pm

Great set tonight Scott pre match

DTID

Post by DTID » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:16 am

Can we not get some up and coming bands from the area involved with the club and play some of their tracks pre match and half time?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:16 am

dickdarlington wrote:
shawry wrote:
fixed that for you
No you didn't. Last non Darlo game I went to, they played the same song before kick off. At half time and then when we were leaving the ground. It was like the episode of father Ted where they only had one record.
I think you missed my point

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:25 pm

shawry wrote:I think you missed my point
I think I might have missed it too...

HairyJ
Team Supported: Darlington FC and now DRUFC

Post by HairyJ » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:29 pm

What about paying for requests to be heard and any dosh goes into the B2D fund or the club? Could be a progressive scale for example £1 if played 30mins before the match, £3 @ 20 mins, £5 @ 10 mins and the very last before KO £10. He who pays the piper boosts the fund