Gary Roberts

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Gary Roberts

Post by divas » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:57 pm

I see Rotherham have signed Gary Roberts who was without a club after being sacked by Yeovil last season, think he'd been on trial at Brighton, could have done a lot worse than him to bolster our MF

Darlo_Weststand19

Re: Gary Roberts

Post by Darlo_Weststand19 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:58 pm

OK, so why do we not sign these so called diamonds. Well there is geographical location, then wages, add we are bottom of the league. Players not performing to expectation like Gary Smith will be worried by Stauntons latest venture into the market. What a capture Hogg is! Everyone looks to Davies as to be the one to make way. Sorry it was his quick thinking that attributed to us winning our 2nd home game on the spin! Gary Smith played like a fanny and gavd the ball away also failed to make telling tackels in midfield. He needs to get the bite back between his teeth. He will make way on Saturday for my money. Good luck Saturday lads. 7 1 and 0 against our mirror image in reverse is a daunting prospect. However we have to win some time.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:30 am

if he's willing to move from yeovil to rotherham i'd say he's not really bothered about geographical location, whats another hundred miles or so, of course there are loads of other factors, it was more just to highlight there's still some decent players knocking around, not to criticise what the club/staunton are/arent doing

the reason people think hogg is davis' replacement is that his loan comes to an end after saturday, plus staunton has seemed pretty happy with smith - he's had chandler sat on the bench and preferred smith, plus until lumsdon comes back smith gives us something a bit different to hogg, davis and chandler who are very similar

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:56 am

a tad harsh on gary smith, i thought he ran barnes close for motm last week

ambiente

Post by ambiente » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:08 am

divas wrote:I see Rotherham have signed Gary Roberts who was without a club after being sacked by Yeovil last season, think he'd been on trial at Brighton, could have done a lot worse than him to bolster our MF
Gary Robersts came out of the Crewe academy and was highly thought off there. Went off the rails a bit, lots of off field issues, likes the inside of pubs too much allededly and was handy with his fists again alledgedly, and became disruptive in the dressing room. Was also disruptive and "full of issues" at Yeovil and spent time in rehab. Not sure I would want him until he has clearly sorted himself out.

Darlo_Chris

Post by Darlo_Chris » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:24 am

This has nothing to do with Gary Roberts or this thread but i see that Simon Whaley has joined Bradford on loan from Norwich. He's been on loan at Rochdale this season and i seem to remember him being a class act in that game.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:40 am

Darlo_Weststand19 wrote:OK, so why do we not sign these so called diamonds. Well there is geographical location, then wages, add we are bottom of the league. Players not performing to expectation like Gary Smith will be worried by Stauntons latest venture into the market. What a capture Hogg is! Everyone looks to Davies as to be the one to make way. Sorry it was his quick thinking that attributed to us winning our 2nd home game on the spin! Gary Smith played like a fanny and gavd the ball away also failed to make telling tackels in midfield. He needs to get the bite back between his teeth. He will make way on Saturday for my money. Good luck Saturday lads. 7 1 and 0 against our mirror image in reverse is a daunting prospect. However we have to win some time.
Do you actually go on Saturday? Gary Smith played well.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:23 pm

Im sure I read elsewhere that Roberts has only signed a months deal. If so then Rotherham must think he could end up being more trouble than hes worth.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:50 pm

Darlo_Chris wrote:This has nothing to do with Gary Roberts or this thread but i see that Simon Whaley has joined Bradford on loan from Norwich. He's been on loan at Rochdale this season and i seem to remember him being a class act in that game.
keith hill was desperate to keep him for another month but couldnt come up with the cash to do the deal

divas

Post by divas » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:52 pm

loan_star wrote:Im sure I read elsewhere that Roberts has only signed a months deal. If so then Rotherham must think he could end up being more trouble than hes worth.
correct - well its last chance saloon for the lad really, so he's got to knuckle down, or face getting a proper job

reminds me of when we brought gary twynham in, decent player but absolute loon, recall him and andy crosby having a right set to, which ended up with them both locked in hodgy's car together

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:08 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Darlo_Weststand19 wrote:OK, so why do we not sign these so called diamonds. Well there is geographical location, then wages, add we are bottom of the league. Players not performing to expectation like Gary Smith will be worried by Stauntons latest venture into the market. What a capture Hogg is! Everyone looks to Davies as to be the one to make way. Sorry it was his quick thinking that attributed to us winning our 2nd home game on the spin! Gary Smith played like a fanny and gavd the ball away also failed to make telling tackels in midfield. He needs to get the bite back between his teeth. He will make way on Saturday for my money. Good luck Saturday lads. 7 1 and 0 against our mirror image in reverse is a daunting prospect. However we have to win some time.
Do you actually go on Saturday? Gary Smith played well.
'Gary Smith played like a fanny and gavd the ball away also failed to make telling tackels in midfield. He needs to get the bite back between his teeth' clearly he doesn't!!
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die

Darlo_Weststand19

Post by Darlo_Weststand19 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:46 pm

That is your oppinion, i think he was poor gave the ball away and his tackling was weak. So he does need to sharpen his teeth as he is a bloody good player who can do a damn site better. My view

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:11 pm

Darlo_Weststand19 wrote:That is your oppinion, i think he was poor gave the ball away and his tackling was weak. So he does need to sharpen his teeth as he is a bloody good player who can do a damn site better. My view
Website? Building site? Camp site?

aveda

Post by aveda » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:17 pm

Darlo_Weststand19 wrote:That is your oppinion, i think he was poor gave the ball away and his tackling was weak. So he does need to sharpen his teeth as he is a bloody good player who can do a damn site better. My view
Not a very accurate one though

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:22 pm

loan_star wrote:
Site screen?

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:43 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Site screen?

A load of
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

divas

Post by divas » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:40 pm

loan_star wrote:Im sure I read elsewhere that Roberts has only signed a months deal. If so then Rotherham must think he could end up being more trouble than hes worth.
seems to have fit in well at rotherham who have extended the deal - did anyone else see his 50 yard free kick goal against bradford? twas some effort!

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:42 am

divas wrote:
seems to have fit in well at rotherham who have extended the deal - did anyone else see his 50 yard free kick goal against bradford? twas some effort!
Was some goal, its a shame for the lad that the same thing happened in the Stoke - Wigan game which was even more impressive