Pressure's all on Darlo....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

LoidLucan
Team Supported: Darlington

Pressure's all on Darlo....

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:17 am

And the Rams will just go out and enjoy themselves... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMlJ4SdmDZ0
Last edited by LoidLucan on Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

TFDM

Re: Pressure's all on Darlo....

Post by TFDM » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:51 am

Personally I think we thrive on a bit of pressure. We did alright last season when there really was a s*** load of pressure on us.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:57 am

I think the truth is there's plenty of pressure on them. It's obvious they really fancy their chances after beating us twice and then they start discussing what it will be like at the next level.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:21 am

Just listened to the interview with their manager and they are coming across as a bit cocky, pressure all on us, 1 point from first 7 games and look where they ended up,would prefer to play us in the semi final, confident having beaten us twice etc etc.Even their fans were saying no way would we get a gate of 2000 after averaging 1000, this coming from a club who get 150-200 per game.Also saying many of their players have not played in front of 2000 but the same applies to us as well, but most of our lads HAVE played in front of 2000.Really hope we bring them down to earth with a massive bump and don,t freeze on the day.And their manager indicated they would take a penalty shoot out even now.

Mrs_Money_Penny

Post by Mrs_Money_Penny » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:39 am

We've proved them wrong about the gate already so game on

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:53 am

MG Will have the lads wound up like a spring, the experience in our back rooms staff should show, players like White, Tait, Bell, Brown, Thommo, Galbraith, Purewal, Fisher & Dowson have either been there with us or previous clubs so they will need to guide the younger lads through this.

WE can make a massive difference on the night, to many times the crowd has been quiet this season, WE need to be giving them 90+ mins of support and noise and I have every confidence we will come through this successful.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:55 am

Very right about the crowd noise. It was something Martin touched on after the game on Saturday. We need a massive noise on Wednesday night.

tezza

Post by tezza » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:24 am

2 Drums ought to do the trick.

Lets hope they brick it.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:49 am

True they have beaten us twice, and think they will be playing the same Darlo team.
They are in for a shock.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:01 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Just listened to the interview with their manager and they are coming across as a bit cocky, pressure all on us, 1 point from first 7 games and look where they ended up,would prefer to play us in the semi final, confident having beaten us twice etc etc.Even their fans were saying no way would we get a gate of 2000 after averaging 1000, this coming from a club who get 150-200 per game.Also saying many of their players have not played in front of 2000 but the same applies to us as well, but most of our lads HAVE played in front of 2000.Really hope we bring them down to earth with a massive bump and don,t freeze on the day.And their manager indicated they would take a penalty shoot out even now.
They think we won't get 2,000 because we only get 1,000? What sort of backwards logic is that.

They seem to be failing to take into account that the reason we "only" get 1,000 is because we are playing miles out of town, and gates would be higher otherwise. A winning team at this level, in Darlo, at £9 in? 2,000+ a week easy, just like Chester did.

There are enough latent fans to swell the gate to 4-5,000 for a one off game if we happened to be playing in Darlo, getting 2,000 even to Bishop was never a doubt.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

TDS

Post by TDS » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:00 pm

Seems cocky but also managing expectations.... eitherway lets get right in to them, play clever football and avoid penalties at all cost! :lol:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:18 pm

I watched this for a minute and a half then got bored. However it all seems pretty standard stuff. There's talk like - we've had a great season/how good we are etc but that to me seems like they'll be happy no matter what, while for us (I.M.O) anything other than a win on Weds will mean the season ends in failure.

They're understandably talking themselves up but I feel pretty confident that we have everything in place to out power them, and I think we want it more - although with a one off game things can go wrong.

We've been double crossed by Raj Singh, fucked over by the F.A, ignored by the media, belittled by Northern league trolls - let's get this job done :thumbup:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:05 pm

I think the importance of promotion this season is impossible to underestimate how important it is. It's embarrassing darlington in the Evo stik north. People still think of us as a football league club. the longer we are down here the more that is going to change. I think the outcome of this match will come down to the noise of us lot COME ON DARLO!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:01 pm

It isn't the be all and end all. We will get more of a boost from returning to Darlo. I would love to go up and I would be gutted if we don't. Pools pretend they don't care but they have threads about us on their board regularly.

The minute we get stuck we will be in line for ridicule from them "stuck there for ever", "beaten by [enter relatively unknown team]".

Really hoping they come down and we get another consecutive promotion next year. To only be one division behind them again given what happened 2years ago would be brilliant!

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:12 pm

tezza wrote:2 Drums ought to do the trick.

Lets hope they brick it.
"Big Tim" can you bring your drum out of retirement :clap: we need you!
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

DarloDean

Post by DarloDean » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:38 pm

The darlo they played those 2 games, is certainly not the same team as now....will it be their fault?

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:11 pm

DarloDean wrote:The darlo they played those 2 games, is certainly not the same team as now....will it be their fault?
On that note Rammy fielded 5 players on Saturday against Bamber that did"t play against us at HP.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:56 pm

poppyfield wrote:
tezza wrote:2 Drums ought to do the trick.

Lets hope they brick it.
"Big Tim" can you bring your drum out of retirement :clap: we need you!
Thanks, but no thanks. One drum and good old vocal chords will do the trick tomorrow night don't you worry!

DarloDean

Post by DarloDean » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:53 am

Looking through some of their forums and finding this (i think a bit hopeful)

Then some others saying we won't bring as many fans as promised

I found that a little humorous.

ron-harbertson-hero

Post by ron-harbertson-hero » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:23 pm

Unfortunately I will be unable to follow the game using the excellent match thread that that I rely on for all games. I will be in the air flying back from Hong Kong arriving at Heathrow at six tomorrow morning. A long night for me. I will be at HP in spirit!

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:42 pm

I understand its around 130 Rammy fans are coming up, do we bleat at them or something, any inflatable sheep around or velcro gloves

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:51 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:I understand its around 130 Rammy fans are coming up, do we bleat at them or something, any inflatable sheep around or velcro gloves
Glad you focussed on the first half of their name.