Gateshead release 11

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Gateshead release 11

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu May 29, 2014 3:30 pm

Not sure if we have any chance signing any but here is the names realeased from Gateshead.

Tait, Boyes, Brodie, Magnay, O'Brien, Holt, Hatch, Noble, Lester, Larkin and Walker

Quakerz

Re: Gateshead release 11

Post by Quakerz » Thu May 29, 2014 4:08 pm

The HITMAN. Not sure if he'll play for 100 notes a week part time, like.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Thu May 29, 2014 4:08 pm

It would be like a wet dream if The Hitman were to come back!
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu May 29, 2014 4:10 pm

Look at the firepower there though - The HITMAN, Boyes, Brodie, Lester, Larkin...

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu May 29, 2014 4:11 pm

And we've got fisher :shh:
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Thu May 29, 2014 4:13 pm

Quakerz wrote:Look at the firepower there though - The HITMAN, Boyes, Brodie, Lester, Larkin...
Well we managed to get Tait and Fisher before so you never know.....suppose it would depend if money is the be all and end all of any signing, and of course how far the Board are willing to push the boat out. Now if the 'movements' thread is true then the wages saved could put us in with a shout of one or even two of the Gateshead released players........stranger things have happened. Anyway it's something to dream about until they all sign for Spendy that is lol.
Come on Darlo!

divas

Post by divas » Thu May 29, 2014 4:15 pm

Some good players there - prob all out of our league. Was hoping Ramshaw may have been on there.

Wonder if there's going to be a reduction in budget at Gateshead? Probably some serious wages saved there, plenty of scope for change if the cash is still there.

JPearson97

Post by JPearson97 » Thu May 29, 2014 4:15 pm

Shame we don't need any forwards.

Ramshaw was the one I was looking for but never mind.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:04 pm

MikeinBlack2 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Look at the firepower there though - The HITMAN, Boyes, Brodie, Lester, Larkin...
Well we managed to get Tait and Fisher before so you never know.....suppose it would depend if money is the be all and end all of any signing, and of course how far the Board are willing to push the boat out. Now if the 'movements' thread is true then the wages saved could put us in with a shout of one or even two of the Gateshead released players........stranger things have happened. Anyway it's something to dream about until they all sign for Spendy that is lol.
Never say never I suppose.

Boyes is the only one that I know and could possibly see but does anyone know if he had a trade when playing for Boston or Barrow (think Barrow have always been pt?).

I can't see that freeing up the wages of 3/4 pt players would allow for any full timers.

No idea who Walker, Magnay, O'Brien and Holt are. If they're likely to be leaving FT football then it's always possible that we will be the destination.

Depends what CN do. Weren't there rumours that they are going FT next year?

JPearson97

Post by JPearson97 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:21 pm

Boyes has already signed for Guiseley.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Thu May 29, 2014 5:40 pm

lo36789 wrote:Depends what CN do. Weren't there rumours that they are going FT next year?
.... CN have a few issues to sort first lol .....

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/headlines ... ation.html

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:47 pm

JPearson97 wrote:Boyes has already signed for Guiseley.
Well I was right about him being prime candidate to go back pt anyway!

Haha I wasn't that far wrong...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25855&p=333990&hilit=Boyes#p333990
lo36789 wrote:My prediction for Boyes is that he will join one of the Harrogate sides/Scarborough or even a NPL side/BSN side based in/around Leeds.

piggy

Post by piggy » Thu May 29, 2014 6:22 pm

Not sure we'd get 90 minutes out of Hatch now to be honest- not too mention the wages!

Josh Walker would be a great signing- a CM who was playing in league one a couple of years ago- but I just couldnt see him dropping down to our level.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 29, 2014 8:11 pm

O'Brien is a full back, isn't he?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

magic1

Gateshead release 11

Post by magic1 » Thu May 29, 2014 8:30 pm

The hitman is back, get jizzing boys

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Thu May 29, 2014 8:32 pm

magic1 wrote:The hitman is back, get jizzing boys
Oh My GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've stained my trousers! FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on Darlo!

KarlHeed
Team Supported: Gateshead

Post by KarlHeed » Thu May 29, 2014 9:13 pm

Magnay is well out of your league, started majority of games for a side who finished 3rd in the conference premier, his problem was being too versatile which meant Mills didn't see him as a starter next season. He'll stay in our league. As for Ramshaw he's also well out of your league, as you'll well know he's a great prospect and he'll be pushing for a start next season. Hatch too injury prone and didn't fit in with Mills' way of playing football so he'll be finishing his career for yous but don't expect to see him fit for the majority of the season. Walker also another well out of your league, a player who scored against Bayern Munich not so long ago in the UEFA Cup, however his attitude didn't seem the greatest if he wasn't starting. Think Hatch will be your only signing out of our release list and that, I believe, was down to sentimental value as he's spent a long time in his career for you.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu May 29, 2014 9:17 pm

KarlHeed wrote:Magnay is well out of your league, started majority of games for a side who finished 3rd in the conference premier, his problem was being too versatile which meant Mills didn't see him as a starter next season. He'll stay in our league. As for Ramshaw he's also well out of your league, as you'll well know he's a great prospect and he'll be pushing for a start next season. Hatch too injury prone and didn't fit in with Mills' way of playing football so he'll be finishing his career for yous but don't expect to see him fit for the majority of the season. Walker also another well out of your league, a player who scored against Bayern Munich not so long ago in the UEFA Cup, however his attitude didn't seem the greatest if he wasn't starting. Think Hatch will be your only signing out of our release list and that, I believe, was down to centimental value as he's spent a long time in his career for you.
You came on here just to say that? Fuck off man.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 29, 2014 9:19 pm

KarlHeed wrote:Magnay is well out of your league, started majority of games for a side who finished 3rd in the conference premier, his problem was being too versatile which meant Mills didn't see him as a starter next season. He'll stay in our league. As for Ramshaw he's also well out of your league, as you'll well know he's a great prospect and he'll be pushing for a start next season. Hatch too injury prone and didn't fit in with Mills' way of playing football so he'll be finishing his career for yous but don't expect to see him fit for the majority of the season. Walker also another well out of your league, a player who scored against Bayern Munich not so long ago in the UEFA Cup, however his attitude didn't seem the greatest if he wasn't starting. Think Hatch will be your only signing out of our release list and that, I believe, was down to sentimental value as he's spent a long time in his career for you.
Look, it's a lesser-spotted-Gateshead-fan.

Stay really quiet or you'll scare it off.

Take a screenshot, quick.

Ssshhhhh.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu May 29, 2014 9:21 pm

Spyman wrote:
KarlHeed wrote:Magnay is well out of your league, started majority of games for a side who finished 3rd in the conference premier, his problem was being too versatile which meant Mills didn't see him as a starter next season. He'll stay in our league. As for Ramshaw he's also well out of your league, as you'll well know he's a great prospect and he'll be pushing for a start next season. Hatch too injury prone and didn't fit in with Mills' way of playing football so he'll be finishing his career for yous but don't expect to see him fit for the majority of the season. Walker also another well out of your league, a player who scored against Bayern Munich not so long ago in the UEFA Cup, however his attitude didn't seem the greatest if he wasn't starting. Think Hatch will be your only signing out of our release list and that, I believe, was down to sentimental value as he's spent a long time in his career for you.
Look, it's a lesser-spotted-Gateshead-fan.

Stay really quiet or you'll scare it off.

Take a screenshot, quick.

Ssshhhhh.

Offer it extra dole money and a dirty heroin needle and it might stick around, so best not then.

KarlHeed
Team Supported: Gateshead

Post by KarlHeed » Thu May 29, 2014 9:22 pm

You wanted to know if you had any chance of signing these players, and i'm giving you an idea of their calibre since i watch them week in week out unlike you.
Last edited by KarlHeed on Thu May 29, 2014 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu May 29, 2014 9:26 pm

KarlHeed wrote:You wanted to know if you had any chance of signing these players, and i'm giving you an idea of their caliber since i watch them week in week out unlike you.
You seem to fail to take into account thet these lads are at the bottom level of professional football. Not saying we will sign them but for most they may never be a professional again, it's even harder in the NE as the next professional club up north at Conference level is I assume Halifax.

This generally means lads having to move away and to be honest not for a great amount of money at this level. Sometimes it's easy to get a full time job and part time football at a reasonable level and the two wages added up to more than full time football.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu May 29, 2014 9:27 pm

KarlHeed wrote:You wanted to know if you had any chance of signing these players, and i'm giving you an idea of their caliber since i watch them week in week out unlike you.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 29, 2014 10:14 pm

KarlHeed wrote:You wanted to know if you had any chance of signing these players, and i'm giving you an idea of their calibre since i watch them week in week out unlike you.
Yes. You and your cousin watch them week in, week out. Nobody else does. We get it.

But thanks for the patronising insight on what its like watching conference players, and knowing if they're any good. Its been 2 years, after all.

We can fill you in on what's required to make it in the football league, if you like?

DC

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Thu May 29, 2014 10:39 pm

I wonder if Gateshead have asked for a friendly as part of the deal. It's quite common when somebody moves on to a bigger club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Thu May 29, 2014 11:53 pm

How the fuck can a player be 'too versatile'? That's a good thing in my book.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:23 am

cameron-darlo wrote:How the fuck can a player be 'too versatile'? That's a good thing in my book.
It just made me think "Jack of all trades, master of none".

Not saying that wouldn't be good enough for our league mind!

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri May 30, 2014 9:15 am

m62exile wrote:I wonder if Gateshead have asked for a friendly as part of the deal. It's quite common when somebody moves on to a bigger club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:clap: :D :lol: :roll:

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Fri May 30, 2014 11:14 am

I take it that is the same Richard Brodie?

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sat May 31, 2014 1:14 pm

lo36789 wrote:Depends what CN do. Weren't there rumours that they are going FT next year?
Oh dear ......... http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/mass ... ion-31511/