Hereford United

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

loan_star
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford United

Post by loan_star » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:17 pm

grytters wrote:And, surprise surprise.

The FA place Hereford United in the Southern League, Premier Division.

http://southern-football-league.co.uk/p ... n/fixtures
Premier Division Fixtures
Saturday 09 August 2014
Arlesey Town v Dorchester Town
Banbury United v Poole Town
Bideford v Dunstable Town
Biggleswade Town v Chippenham Town
Burnham v Slough Town
Corby Town v Hitchin Town
Hereford United v St Neots Town
Histon v Frome Town
Paulton Rovers v Cirencester Town
Redditch United v Cambridge City
Truro City v Chesham United
Weymouth v Hungerford Town

So thats the equivilent of one above where we are now????

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:33 pm

Hereford weren't/aren't in administration though, so the rules have been followed and they've been placed below the Conference from where they were expelled. That's what would have happened to us if we'd had not been seen as a "new" club

grytters

Post by grytters » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:41 am

But that's the whole point.

We finished our fixtures (Chester), and took on the "football debts" of the previous incarnation of the club.

How the FA regarded that as a "new" club defies all forms of logic.
Bring Back the Quarters

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:28 pm

grytters wrote:But that's the whole point.

We finished our fixtures (Chester), and took on the "football debts" of the previous incarnation of the club.

How the FA regarded that as a "new" club defies all forms of logic.
not mention the morality of it all. the FA could've gained some degree of Kudos by recognising that true fans do have morals - do want to pay debt back - and as a result shown leniency on our punishment.

I keep banging on about this, but by doing what the FA did to us, in my opinion, sends a clear signal to other fans faced with a similar predicament - i.e. stick two fingers up at anyone owed money and start afresh.

grytters

Post by grytters » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:14 pm

and, they're gone!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... are_btn_tw
Hereford United have been suspended from all football with immediate effect, the Football Association said in a statement.
Bring Back the Quarters

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:23 pm

...... and back again ..... I've heard of "yoyo" teams but they're back .... after a 36 hour suspension ...

That's the FA through and through, I guess ......

Can't say am a big HUFC fan of any kind ... but welcome back Hereford .... watch this space ...

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:16 pm

Me neither and perhaps I'm paranoid but I can't help feeling they have had a fairer crack of the whip than the FA ever gave us.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:09 am

It's all to do with the "Share" or what ever you like to call it....
The t**t that owned the club before our final administration refused (dispite promises on the radio) to hand it over to us and therefore thrust us into our present position....The Hereford owners at least passed on the "Share" to the new owners

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:57 pm

Good luck to Hereford. I hope they keep going by any means possible. However, I have family down there and they have told me that their stadium and land is being fought over. It's in a prime position in town, similar to Feethams or Bootham Crescent.

Two things scuppered us - and they're both covered on "The FA" thread. Firstly we never got a CVA because we never paid back the money we owed Singh - "the loan" :thumbdown: And secondly, as Mr Darlogramps points out, The FA themselves wouldn't let us go along with Singh's unfair conditions. My opinion about this is that Singh wanted to take us down, and as far as I can tell Singh never gained anything from his behaviour. Unless the club getting shafted gave him a nice warm feeling.

I agree with this quote - a really good summary of how The FA never thought things through, re our then situation.

Comfortably_numb wrote:not mention the morality of it all. the FA could've gained some degree of Kudos by recognising that true fans do have morals - do want to pay debt back - and as a result shown leniency on our punishment.

I keep banging on about this, but by doing what the FA did to us, in my opinion, sends a clear signal to other fans faced with a similar predicament - i.e. stick two fingers up at anyone owed money and start afresh.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

divas

Post by divas » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:54 pm

And they're gone again. This time for good it looks like. Another proper club gone.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:21 pm

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:00 pm

£116,000 owed and a football club is gone, whilst Wayne Rooney makes double that in a week, football has gone mad

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:02 pm

10 high court appearances and the judge has had enough . The latest of 4 recent owners claimed he was stuck in traffic with proof that £1,000,000 had been lodged to pay debts. Judge didn't believe him and neither did anyone else. Administrator has been appointed to liquidate the club now.
Most fans have been expecting this outcome and can now start work on forming a phoenix club.
One big help as they start at the bottom of the pyramid is that Hereford council who own Edgar Street are supportive and want football in the city.
Good luck to them.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:17 pm

It seems a lot of the fans wanted the club to go bust just so they could start again as a Phoenix Club as they could not gain any control from the board.

I wish them all the best for next season and if they manage to get the right people involved and behind the club they should come back strong.

More and more clubs seem to be getting to this stage and the fans are taking them back.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:50 pm

No time for Hereford Utd and I'm currently with a Hereford fan who's oblivious to this news. Should I tell him, haha? :twisted:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:19 pm

banktopp wrote:One big help as they start at the bottom of the pyramid is that Hereford council who own Edgar Street are supportive and want football in the city
I'm not too sure how supportive though. They might want football - but will it be at Edgar St? A crumbling old ground in a prime location.
super_les_mcjannet wrote:I wish them all the best for next season and if they manage to get the right people involved and behind the club they should come back strong.

More and more clubs seem to be getting to this stage and the fans are taking them back.
Power to the fans, it will interesting to see how many fan owned clubs are in the league in 10-15 years.
Darlo_Pete wrote:No time for Hereford Utd
The Davey thing Pete? One little thing shouldn't sour your opinion of the club - they in a lot of ways similar to Darlo.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:28 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
banktopp wrote:One big help as they start at the bottom of the pyramid is that Hereford council who own Edgar Street are supportive and want football in the city
I'm not too sure how supportive though. They might want football - but will it be at Edgar St? A crumbling old ground in a prime location.
Their Trust did the right thing and had Edgar Street listed as an asset of community value...

http://www.supporters-direct.org/news-a ... nity-value
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:46 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:No time for Hereford Utd
The Davey thing Pete? One little thing shouldn't sour your opinion of the club - they in a lot of ways similar to Darlo.
Just about to say that myself, how long should someone hold a grudge for?

They took Davey, things got a bit heated, it backfired on them and ever since then things have gone from bad to worse. You have to draw the line somewhere.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:08 pm

I tend to think about the Hereford fans who were on their website laughing at us when Davey lied and crossed over to them..I also think about the stick we got from a number of poorly fans...
What goes around comes around, and mark my words...The pooly saga is not over yet..It might take a year or two but it's not over.

Sorry but I have no sympathy for either club, now or in the future

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:17 pm

I won't have any sympathy for Pools fans if anything goes wrong there because we've had years of crap off them.

As for Hereford, it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Yeah, some of them said some nasty stuff about us being non league and how they'd never play us again, and we should have written a proper contract etc etc, but at the same time they had angry Darlo fans to contend with, and what do you do when you're under attack - you hit out. And sometimes you say anything. Or the most hurtful thing that you can think of. I think it should just be treated as water under the bridge now.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:27 am

Quakerz - the voice of reason. I concur!

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:17 am

Am I missing something here? ....... This is from this mornings local press??

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Here ... story.html?

...... someone is missing something?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:46 am

AIDO wrote:Am I missing something here? ....... This is from this mornings local press??
Must have been written, printed and put online before the Judge did his thing.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:45 am

Quakerz wrote:I won't have any sympathy for Pools fans if anything goes wrong there because we've had years of crap off them.

As for Hereford, it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Yeah, some of them said some nasty stuff about us being non league and how they'd never play us again, and we should have written a proper contract etc etc, but at the same time they had angry Darlo fans to contend with, and what do you do when you're under attack - you hit out. And sometimes you say anything. Or the most hurtful thing that you can think of. I think it should just be treated as water under the bridge now.
100% agree with you. After everything that happened to us I can't help but sympathise with them, besides whenever Hereford are mentioned, rather than the whole Davey saga I'm more reminded of our playoff win over them :D
FORZA DARLO

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:00 pm

The whole Davey thing between the fans was nothing more than banter, it happens with all clubs and im sure we've done it plenty of times over the years. As it turned out them taking Davey led to Mark Cooper coming here ending in a Wembley win so who ended up with the better deal in all that?

Really hope Hereford can follow in our footsteps, keep there support and do what were currently doing

TSQuaker

Post by TSQuaker » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:16 pm

As TSDF points out, if it weren't for the cowardly actions of Davey we may never have enjoyed that day out at Wembley.

If they can sort something out, and make the fan-owned model work then I'm sure they'll find themselves on the climb again before too long.
Northern League Champions 2013

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Never liked them - tin pot non-league club who are back where they belong. Only got in the league because the BBC went into orgasmadrive when they beat Newcastle in the FA cup and so the league felt pressured to give them a place at the expense of Barrow who had been in division 3 the season before. More recently seem to remember it wasn't just there fans but also their Chairman "I'm Berty big bollocks" and we are a much bigger club than you so who can blame young Simon. No class, no grace so no sympathy from me.

How long should you hold a grudge? As long as you feel it.

Even now I bet they get dealt a better hand than us from the FA. They are blue eyed boys who can do no wrong since they beat Toon and are the archetypal David of the FA cup who slew Goliath and gave the miserable, fat back-sided non-entities who comprise the FA, something to hang their money grabbing competition on.

I'm with Darlo Pete on this one and the rest of you may want to be bygones be bygones good chaps and look back and laugh about it all now but I don't. As for those who are trying to make out Hereford were doing us a favour by taking Davey - I despair. Yes it backfired on them (good) but not as some kind of favour to us, they were trying to nail us down for good. They could see we were not in a good place and thought right we'll put the boot in. No morals, no comradeship just self, self, self.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:04 pm

dfcdfcdfc wrote:How long should you hold a grudge? As long as you feel it.
I would certainly go along with your grudge thing - but decision makers at clubs come and go. Reynolds did some really distasteful things to various fans/businesses/players etc, however I wouldn't want others to base their opinions about DFC entirely on the period of time that he was at the helm.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:34 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
dfcdfcdfc wrote:How long should you hold a grudge? As long as you feel it.
I would certainly go along with your grudge thing - but decision makers at clubs come and go. Reynolds did some really distasteful things to various fans/businesses/players etc, however I wouldn't want others to base their opinions about DFC entirely on the period of time that he was at the helm.
.... but .... sadly this is the real world and they do .... even in this fair olde town of ours!

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:36 am

This holding a grudge thing is truly pathetic. Hereford is a club very much like ours & the fans have been through a terrible time over the past few years. I think they are going to make the new community club a massive success & like Darlo start climbing back up to Conference level fairly quickly.