Blackwell meadows ????

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Craig09
Team Supported: Darlington

Blackwell meadows ????

Post by Craig09 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:37 pm

Quick question chaps who is in charge of sorting our move out to blackwell also why hasn't work started on the move yet too. Cheers

Fibonacci0112358

Re: Blackwell meadows ????

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:01 pm

Craig09 wrote:Quick question chaps who is in charge of sorting our move out to blackwell also why hasn't work started on the move yet too. Cheers

The CIC are basically in charge.

And you can't start work without planning permission!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:16 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
Craig09 wrote:Quick question chaps who is in charge of sorting our move out to blackwell also why hasn't work started on the move yet too. Cheers

The CIC are basically in charge.

And you can't start work without planning permission!
The CIC have led early on and are on a working party in regards to the move but I don't believe they are in charge.

The CIC, the Club, some fans who have the right experience in certain parts of the work and the Rugby Club are all involved currently. I may have missed someone so apologies if I have.

Last time I checked as you say no planning permission request in as yet. Council are also involved, so when planning permission goes in it won't be a complete and utter surprise to them.

davey247

Post by davey247 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:03 pm

Is it the sensible thought that it'll more likely be Aug '15 when we move given the planning permission isn't in place?

Also, will everything be in place to expand further quickly and 'cheap' as soon as is required for the Skrill North?

(Sorry if these have been answered elsewhere)

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:10 pm

davey247 wrote:Is it the sensible thought that it'll more likely be Aug '15 when we move given the planning permission isn't in place?

Also, will everything be in place to expand further quickly and 'cheap' as soon as is required for the Skrill North?

(Sorry if these have been answered elsewhere)
I would b very suprised if we are back in darlo this season.... Hope I'm wrong but surely too much to sort out......

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:26 pm

I agree. It's not going to happen this season, we need to face up to this and face up to another season at Bishop and deal with it.

First of all, we still have to submit our plans for planning permission. Once the application is in, then you're looking at some months to get permission, it's not one of those things that you can fast track. Once we get planning permission, don't we have to allow a certain amount of time before building to allow for NIMBYs to submit objections? I could be wrong on that mind. Then we have to raise the finance, sign contracts, then do the build.

Don't want to be a pessimist but I'll be surprised if we are in for the start of next season.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo Till I Die

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:22 pm

Quakerz wrote: Don't want to be a pessimist but I'll be surprised if we are in for the start of next season.
I've said this for a while now!
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:48 pm

From the horses mouth we will NOT be at blackwell meadows this season

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Craig09 wrote:From the horses mouth we will NOT be at blackwell meadows this season
Shocked Stunned Nooooooooooo Can't be true, That's it we are doooooooomed!!!!! Lol

micra3

Post by micra3 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:02 pm

Craig09 wrote:From the horses mouth we will NOT be at blackwell meadows this season
Who is the horse ?
M I C R A 3

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:11 pm

Shergar

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:47 am

micra3 wrote:
Who is the horse ?
What race is it running in? Is it worth backing? :roll:

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:01 am

joejaques wrote:
micra3 wrote:
Who is the horse ?
What race is it running in? Is it worth backing? :roll:
Nay it was a donkey

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:05 am

Probably shouldn't humour you but...
Which horse was this that could tell you that but couldn't tell you...
Sounds like a horse with very selective knowledge.

charlie

Post by charlie » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:22 am

This months Darlington Monthly has an article in by the rugby club, they have stared in the article that all work going well should be completed and the ground ready in early 2015
“@DarlingtonRFC: Check out our post in @Darlingtonmonth this month! News on the Blackwell Meadows development with @Official_Darlo http://twitter.com/DarlingtonRFC/status ... 80/photo/1

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:23 am

Sounds like a horses arse,but as there hasn't been as much as a spade stuck in the ground up there yet it could well be true.Another season on the grass bank awaits.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:20 am

There's no planning application gone in yet, and it would take at least a couple of months (possibly longer) to get that through so even with a fair wind and no hurdles that's going to be mid October if it went in today.

I think only once planning has gone in could we start to get a sense of a best case start date on the works.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:37 am

How fixed do plans need to be for planning permission? We have the plans after all. We are going to erect a fence, a main stand and a terrace plus put in place a car park. It will be a multipurpose sports venue.

How much more detail is needed for planning permission? I can't see that the groundwork (a tunnel/hard standing is something that would need planning permission?

Can't that be submitted as is? Even if it can't be - can we not get ahead of the game with NIMBY's hold a consultation with residents now.

Explain the benefits and how we will be doing stuff to limit the impact on their lives. There are barely any houses round the site anyway - the housing estate on the far side and the golf club is all that is close by (how close do residents need to be to be consulted on these things?).

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:26 pm

Its odds on favourite chaps that im proberly going to be right but if im wrong il just trott off this forum and burry my head in the hay

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:02 pm

m62exile wrote:There's no planning application gone in yet, and it would take at least a couple of months (possibly longer) to get that through so even with a fair wind and no hurdles that's going to be mid October if it went in today.

I think only once planning has gone in could we start to get a sense of a best case start date on the works.

Our plans will only take a couple of weeks or so to go through, as they are unlikely to go through the Planning Applications Committee.
Last edited by Fibonacci0112358 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aveda

Post by aveda » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:12 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
m62exile wrote:There's no planning application gone in yet, and it would take at least a couple of months (possibly longer) to get that through so even with a fair wind and no hurdles that's going to be mid October if it went in today.

Our plans will only take a couple of weeks or so to go through.
Once the application's been submitted the Council will have to do the admin, write to consultees, adhere to the 21 day consultation period, consider any submissions following the closing of consultation and then, if they decide to grant permission, do the admin afterwards, so it can't go through in a couple of weeks.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:18 pm

aveda wrote:
Fibonacci0112358 wrote:

Once the application's been submitted the Council will have to do the admin, write to consultees, adhere to the 21 day consultation period, consider any submissions following the closing of consultation and then, if they decide to grant permission, do the admin afterwards, so it can't go through in a couple of weeks.
I hope you're right Fibonacci, but my understanding of the process is the same as Aveda's - like I say, I hope to be wrong.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:32 pm

m62exile wrote:
aveda wrote:
Fibonacci0112358 wrote:

I hope you're right Fibonacci, but my understanding of the process is the same as Aveda's - like I say, I hope to be wrong.

Yes Aveda is correct in that it usually takes up to 8 weeks. However, it's just what I have heard from friend within.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:22 pm

An application need not go through to the planning committee as long as there are no objections received. If 3 or more are received then it will go to committee.

TDS

Post by TDS » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:30 am

Also the council are on board and are being made very aware of the situation as it develops, meaning nothing will come as a shock or need any serious debate. Once we start work things can happen very quickly, the initial aim was January 2015. We could theoretically move there and develop it in the meantime? It's not far off this leagues standard is it?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:08 am

It isn't enclosed. It needs the hard standing.

I think the only part of the plan that wouldn't need to be done for Evostick div 1 North is the end terrace. Everything else would need to be completed.

If Pete is right about 3 objections is it not in our interest to consult early with those who might object? Then we can avoid that?

I hate when things are out of your hands to control, the wait for quotes/planning permission when it goes in will be - bring as much stuff within your control as possible and things tend to go much more to your liking!

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:49 am

Anyone expecting us to be There this season needs to get real. I'd expect another 18 months at Bishop.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:00 am

cameron-darlo wrote:Anyone expecting us to be There this season needs to get real. I'd expect another 18 months at Bishop.
Please do explain what will take 18months?

Perimeter fence -
Fitting temporary stand -
Re-erecting Tin Shed Roof -
Fitting portakabin changing facilities -
Hardstanding -

I think that is all that needs to be in place to actually move back according to the FA rules. The car park/end terrace are things that can be developed.

Beyond admin I'd be suprised if the actual work couldn't be completed in a month.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:28 am

lo36789 wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:Anyone expecting us to be There this season needs to get real. I'd expect another 18 months at Bishop.
Please do explain what will take 18months?

Perimeter fence -
Fitting temporary stand -
Re-erecting Tin Shed Roof -
Fitting portakabin changing facilities -
Hardstanding -

I think that is all that needs to be in place to actually move back according to the FA rules. The car park/end terrace are things that can be developed.

Beyond admin I'd be suprised if the actual work couldn't be completed in a month.
The changes to the clubhouse, with a front door entrance for players etc could well be the main things that takes the longest time. The rest as you say are not the biggest stumbling blocks.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:32 am

Baring weather delays there is very little work involved in that list that a decent contractor could not knock off in a couple of months, surprised I have not seen the tender come out yet, I will keep an eye out for it.