Season tickets

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mission Impossible
Team Supported: Darlington

Season tickets

Post by Mission Impossible » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:25 pm

Still waiting for my season ticket many weeks after paying for it. In fact it took over 3 weeks before my cheque was even cashed. Other people have told me the same.
If we really want to push season ticket sales I would have thought that the current holders would have been contacted by the club by letter, (or better still by email) and encouraged to renew.
My son went down the Club shop today to buy the new season shirt. He'd tried several times this morning to get them to answer the phone but annoyingly it just went to answer machine everytime. At the shop he asked about the sending out of season tickets and was told " err watch this space" - whatever that means. When he offered his cash card to pay for the shirt he was told that they don't have a machine to take it. Unbelievable! So he had to go out in search of a cash machine and return.

Got my ticket for the Spenny game at the click of a mouse. They use Paypal - can't we?
I fully respect the volunteers working for us but a little professional management wouldn't go amiss.

Robbie Painter

Re: Season tickets

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:15 pm

http://www.darlington1883.co.uk/?p=7490#more-7490

Not sure why you expected to be contacted after you'd bought the season ticket, don't think that's standard practice.

The card machine has been out of action for ages - amazed it not been sorted yet.

Lastly you can use your card online to buy stuff from DFC store.

Mrs_Money_Penny

Post by Mrs_Money_Penny » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:25 pm

Letters were sent out as well

charlie

Post by charlie » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:33 pm

You do realise don't you that we are all volunteers? Apologies if the phone wasn't answered but I was sick today and Andrew was in the shop on his own for the most part and from what he's told me he's had a busy day.
Current season ticket holders were contacted by email or letter by Martin Gray, I recieved one, I know other folk on here also recieved one.

The ability to pay by pay pal is up and running online and has been for some time. I don't think folk appreciate what we have at times. We are a volunteer club with an online shop!
As for a card machine, I told you all weeks and weeks ago that we were working on a card machine and it is coming and soon. We will have the ability for folk to pay over the phone with a card and in person . These things don't just happen overnight and I asked for you all to bear with us! This has taken weeks and weeks of discussions and some of us all of who are volunteers have had to make personal representations and put their reputation on the line for OUR club. Next time you want to have a good whinge think before you submit!

Mission Impossible

Post by Mission Impossible » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:38 pm

I didn't expect to get a letter after I'd bought the season ticket. Look again at what I said. Anyway, the club has now put on their web site that season tickets can be picked up at Quaker Retail or at the turnstiles at the Warrington game...........lets hope that all the season ticket holders are on the internet and are avid readers of the club site.

charlie

Post by charlie » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:43 pm

Mission Impossible wrote:I didn't expect to get a letter after I'd bought the season ticket. Look again at what I said. Anyway, the club has now put on their web site that season tickets can be picked up at Quaker Retail or at the turnstiles at the Warrington game...........lets hope that all the season ticket holders are on the internet and are avid readers of the club site.
Trust me I read what you wrote, and seeing as the info has just been released on the club website how about giving them time to get it into the local media as well before making assumptions!
No comment about the fact the online shop has pay pal ? Or the fact a card machine is on it's way? Seriously I don't think some folk appreciate how hard folk work behind the scenes for free for the love of the club, makes me ruddy sick sometimes

Mission Impossible

Post by Mission Impossible » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:49 pm

Don't be so touchy! My first post said we respect the volunteers work but does that mean nobody can raise an issue? ......over three weeks to cash the cheques is bad.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:54 pm

charlie wrote:
Mission Impossible wrote:I didn't expect to get a letter after I'd bought the season ticket. Look again at what I said. Anyway, the club has now put on their web site that season tickets can be picked up at Quaker Retail or at the turnstiles at the Warrington game...........lets hope that all the season ticket holders are on the internet and are avid readers of the club site.
Trust me I read what you wrote, and seeing as the info has just been released on the club website how about giving them time to get it into the local media as well before making assumptions!
No comment about the fact the online shop has pay pal ? Or the fact a card machine is on it's way? Seriously I don't think some folk appreciate how hard folk work behind the scenes for free for the love of the club, makes me ruddy sick sometimes
Sorry cant let this one pass, i would just like to say that i for one think that you Charlie and the rest of the volunteers in the shop, and the club for that matter do a fantastic job, if it was not for people like you, that person would not have a shop to go too or a club to support, so thank you Charlie and the rest of the volunteer crew. :clap: :clap:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

charlie

Post by charlie » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:55 pm

How can I not be so touchy? Your calling the staff who work hard in the shop! Yes you can raise issues, by all means but it's the way you've gone about it that has got my back up! For all you said you respect the volunteers your post reads different! I will repeat again, we are a volunteer run club we have a lot of facilities in place that other volunteer run clubs don't have and it's your fellow supporters who have put these facilities in place including cashing your cheque. We're not perfect not by a long shot but instead of negativity have a look at what we do have and if you have issues raise them in an appropriate place to have your queries answered

charlie

Post by charlie » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:59 pm

poppyfield wrote:
charlie wrote:
Sorry cant let this one pass, i would just like to say that i for one think that you Charlie and the rest of the volunteers in the shop, and the club for that matter do a fantastic job, if it was not for people like you, that person would not have a shop to go too or a club to support, so thank you Charlie and the rest of the volunteer crew. :clap: :clap:
Thank you, trust me I haven't posted to get pats on the back I know the team at the shop do a good job but were only human as well. Same goes for every single volunteer within the club
May not be perfect but it's not for the want of trying

charlie

Post by charlie » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Mission Impossible wrote:Still waiting for my season ticket many weeks after paying for it. In fact it took over 3 weeks before my cheque was even cashed. Other people have told me the same.
If we really want to push season ticket sales I would have thought that the current holders would have been contacted by the club by letter, (or better still by email) and encouraged to renew.
My son went down the Club shop today to buy the new season shirt. He'd tried several times this morning to get them to answer the phone but annoyingly it just went to answer machine everytime. At the shop he asked about the sending out of season tickets and was told " err watch this space" - whatever that means. When he offered his cash card to pay for the shirt he was told that they don't have a machine to take it. Unbelievable! So he had to go out in search of a cash machine and return.

Got my ticket for the Spenny game at the click of a mouse. They use Paypal - can't we?
I fully respect the volunteers working for us but a little professional management wouldn't go amiss.
And I'm sorry professional management? I think you'll find we do have professional management in place and what's more he's doing it for free as well!

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:54 pm

Got to say the club has nailed it this pre-season. Well done.

Far better than any in the last 10 years when we had highly paid staff. Long may it continue

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:56 pm

To be honest after many, many years of receiving crap service as a professional club I actually think we have improved in this area. Shirts in stock in July, season tickets in hand before the last few days, and workers who actually care and represent the club in a positive manner.
I think the OP is being extremely harsh and after having seen quite a few awful regimes I found it quite a surprise TBH.

Dfc Dfc Dfc

Post by Dfc Dfc Dfc » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Mission Impossible wrote:Still waiting for my season ticket many weeks after paying for it. In fact it took over 3 weeks before my cheque was even cashed. Other people have told me the same.

I can't believe this poster!
What a joke - and an insult to OUR club!
I couldn't not reply so here goes........

I presume from your moan about not cashing your cheque for 3 weeks that you were not a season ticket holder at the arena when the cheques didn't get cashed for 2 months! And they were PAID full time staff!

As for your son ringing the shop several times without it being answered - if he has enough time to ring would he consider volunteering to give some time to go and answer the phone? (See a solution rather than a problem!)

Excellent we have a shirt in stock BEFORE the season starts for once so that your son can buy one! (See there is another way of looking at your gripe!)

Unbelievable we have no card machine (I presume then that you haven't bought anything from the shop for the last 18 months then otherwise you would have known already!)

"Watch this space" clearly meant they weren't going to tell you before the official release! Why should you have been told any different? Or no doubt you would have had another thing to moan about that you had to go to the shop and ask rather than being told when you could collect your season ticket.

I presume from your post that you think therefore that the club is not being professionally managed, in that case don't hide behind a keyboard, email the club directly and make yourself known, only then do things change.

The volunteers AT EVERY LEVEL OF THE CLUB are just that, running the various aspects of DFC, in whatever spare time they have, as well as working, families etc. give them a break and think before you criticise! See the positives (there are so many) and suggest ways forward! Stop just moaning- we've done that approach before and look where it got us!

charlie

Post by charlie » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:12 pm

Thanks for the positives guys

charlie

Post by charlie » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:10 pm

By the way if your son rang before 11am the shop didn't open till 11am and nobody would of been there to answer the phone. The phone is only manned during shop hours

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:52 am

Wow!!!

Having just read all this i wonder why the volunteers continue??

Symptomatic of today's society. I want everything yesterday on my terms!! :evil:
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

shadwellman

Post by shadwellman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:20 pm

There is no need to worry. I am still awaiting my CIC certificate from 2 years or so ago!!!!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:43 pm

When you say waiting. Are you literally just waiting? Trust me, nothing will happen if that is the case.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:39 pm

If the management is poor, and you have all the answers, why not volunteer to get involved with the managing?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Mrs_Money_Penny

Post by Mrs_Money_Penny » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:37 pm

shadwellman wrote:There is no need to worry. I am still awaiting my CIC certificate from 2 years or so ago!!!!
DFC & the CIC have different boards so best to contact membership@darlingtonfc.org or send a query via the BacktoDarlo website to get it sorted otherwise you will wait a long time.