Players In/Players Out

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quaker0006
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Players In/Players Out

Post by Quaker0006 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:20 pm

well im telling you it was 4-4-2 all of today and it worked well. Thompson and Mitchell were certainly the wide players today

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:24 pm

Quaker0006 wrote:well im telling you it was 4-4-2 all of today and it worked well. Thompson and Mitchell were certainly the wide players today
Best way in my 'distorted' opinion.

TDS

Post by TDS » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:35 pm

Quaker0006 wrote:well im telling you it was 4-4-2 all of today and it worked well. Thompson and Mitchell were certainly the wide players today
Oh s***, you actually turned up to a game and saw the opposite to DarloGramps?! No way, as he was insinuating nobody else goes but him, therefore he's right and this is FACT.

Quaker0006

Post by Quaker0006 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:39 pm

"I saw it with my eyes"

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:36 pm

TDS wrote:
Oh s***, you actually turned up to a game and saw the opposite to DarloGramps?! No way, as he was insinuating nobody else goes but him, therefore he's right and this is FACT.
I haven't said that at all. You preach that I hate other opinions yet come out with all this exaggerated rubbish.

I've never turned arguments into personal attacks, which you have done here. I've only ever debated football, admittedly in strong language, but your ridiculous post is uncalled for and pathetic.

As I said to the other poster, if you have a problem with me, send me a DM.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:38 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Quaker0006 wrote:"I saw it with my eyes"
Nice to see you're both being sensible and mature about someone having a different opinion.

If you want to debate football, fine. If you want to be childish about me disagreeing with you, that's a reflection on you.

I wasn't at today's game so can't really comment. But I can have an opinion based on what I've seen previously. If you disagree, I don't care. But at least be adult about it.

TDS

Post by TDS » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:40 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
TDS wrote:
I haven't said that at all. You preach that I hate other opinions yet come out with all this exaggerated rubbish.

I've never turned arguments into personal attacks, which you have done here. I've only ever debated football, admittedly in strong language, but your ridiculous post is uncalled for and pathetic.

As I said to the other poster, if you have a problem with me, send me a DM.
Nothing personal, you just stated a lot of your opinions as fact.

I haven't personally attacked you at all. I won't go back through your previous digs but let's face it, I'm not the only one to notice your abrupt and dismissive tone.

It's over with anyway, win today and we're all happy?!

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:10 am

Darlogramps wrote:
D_F_C wrote:
Quaker0006 wrote:"I saw it with my eyes"
Nice to see you're both being sensible and mature about someone having a different opinion.

If you want to debate football, fine. If you want to be childish about me disagreeing with you, that's a reflection on you.

I wasn't at today's game so can't really comment. But I can have an opinion based on what I've seen previously. If you disagree, I don't care. But at least be adult about it.
I'm more than happy to debate what was said, but I wouldn't stop you having an opinion.

Your comments about Mitchell I can kind of understand. He does like to come central a lot, but that's not to say he can't be competent at both right mid and centre mid (probs only as part of a 3).

But by saying I was distorting facts was totally wrong and basically said that my opinion was not to be counted.

Just put a line under it now though, whichever formation we use in the future.

Up the darlo

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:52 am

TDS - I've never stated my opinion as fact. All along, I've expressed opinions and I don't mind them being challenged.

I also challenge other opinions. If people don't like the way I do it, that's their problem.

DFC - where did I say your opinion wasn't to be counted? That's your interpretation, not mine.

I do maintain some of the points you made were wrong. For me, you were being selective in picking things to suit your argument, hence the "distortion" comments.

But it's done and getting boring now, so I'll leave it there.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

divas

Post by divas » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:53 am

Quakerz wrote:Nathan Buddle would be mine, even though he's a defender.
Looks like it will be a defender according to Stod.

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:57 am

divas wrote:
Another centre half?

divas

Post by divas » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:08 am

e4sby wrote:
divas wrote:
Another centre half?
Must be a full back surely?! Someone who could cover both flanks maybe?

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:27 am

I'm hoping it's a right back, I'm going for a youth teamer from Boro

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:14 pm

I take it that this new signing is not happening then?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Feet4ever

Post by Feet4ever » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:17 pm

They are allegedly "ironing out a few minor details"

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:30 pm

hope its somebody with professional club experience rather than NL. We've tried the 'best of the NL' and its doesn't seem to have worked for us.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:57 pm

princes town wrote:hope its somebody with professional club experience rather than NL. We've tried the 'best of the NL' and its doesn't seem to have worked for us.
.... ??????? .... errrrr .... have I missed something over the last two years?

darlo_matt

Post by darlo_matt » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:21 pm

Lee McAndrew released by Spenny

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:24 pm

darlo_matt wrote:Lee McAndrew released by Spenny
Re-joined Dunston UTS

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:28 pm

AIDO wrote:
princes town wrote:hope its somebody with professional club experience rather than NL. We've tried the 'best of the NL' and its doesn't seem to have worked for us.
No AIDO, you haven't.

With the greatest respect to Princes Town, I think he has.

Our better players are from the NL and those coming from the professional game have struggled to adapt to the extreme physicality and lesser pitches of non-league.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:36 pm

Beano wrote:
AIDO wrote:
No AIDO, you haven't.

With the greatest respect to Princes Town, I think he has.

Our better players are from the NL and those coming from the professional game have struggled to adapt to the extreme physicality and lesser pitches of non-league.
I disagree with you both - our best players (Brown, Thompson, Purewal, Dowson and probably others I can't think of right now) have come from Evostick level. A lot of the better NL players that we had have left us to stick in the NL, where the standard is lower and the commitment required is less.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:20 am

Spyman wrote:I disagree with you both - our best players (Brown, Thompson, Purewal, Dowson and probably others I can't think of right now) have come from Evostick level. A lot of the better NL players that we had have left us to stick in the NL, where the standard is lower and the commitment required is less.
The four players mentioned came from Durham City .... who were (still are) Northern League .... although, importantly, do have the Evostik experience you suggest. Alan White came from Harrogate Town (the then BSN) and Liam Hatch (the then Conf) .... old boys with the pedigree, I guess, you are alluding Portas and Armstrong have the recent Evostik experience having come directly from Whitby Town.

Mitchell is quite exceptional having come from the professional game, albeit academy, but I think the likes of Fisher, Noble and Reed, who came from a higher level, have had a very difficult time of it at Evostik level and Noble highlights the difference in class between NL and our league by scoring two straight away for Durham on Saturday.

Our successful team of the last two years has been made up of NL players though .... As indeed, initially, thats what we and they were. Players like Emms, Gott and Harrison incidently, who left cos of work and inability to travel midweek, not lack of quality, would arguably still walk into our team in my eyes!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:18 am

The Durham lads had not played NL when we signed them though. Durham only chose relegation from EvoStik the season we came into the NL - the league went from 22 to 24 teams remember. The lads you mention only played NL football for us.

Leon was signed from Whitby, Harrison and Emms are ex Blyth as well I thought.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:36 am

Thompson was playing in the NL. The others all had NL experience, I think Brown was at Shildon as well as Durham. To be honest don't care what level are from as long as they are decent. But for the sake of argument I think Reed and Fisher are two of our shitest players.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:33 am

Thompson played like 3/4 games in the NL before he joined us. Again he was Durham and in the Evostik the year before.

Gary Brown was previously Blyth in the BSN, as was Mark Bell.

Ingleby the point of the discussion is whether out players signed from NL have been better than those who played at a higher level. Not caring which level they are from doesn't answers the question.

Fisher has been poor, I reckon a NL season for someone banging goals in would do him a world of good. Reed I don't think we have really seen him play yet. Not sure how anyone saying we play long ball can have a go at a ball playing CM who has barely received a pass since he joined.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:37 am

Thompson played in L1 for Port Vale and in the BSN for Telford before winding up in the Evostik at Durham City.

Agree with Spyman and others - those that think our better players have all come from the Northern League are dead wrong.

I'm sure most would agree that our best players include the following - Brown, White, Dowson, Purewal, Mitchell, Armstong, Thompson, Portas, Mitchell, Scott...all of these players have extensive experience above Northern League level. Yes most of them have played NL (ie for us, when we pissed it, because they were better than the level, oddly enough), and there are plenty of good players in the NL, but the pool of talent isn't as deep as many think it is.

Really, the only players we have now that played more of their careers so far in the NL than elsewhere are Hunter, Galbraith and Jameson. Yes they're very good, but they're just 3 players.

The only NL players that we've had and then lost, which I would ever have back, are Harrison and Emms. And again, they've played higher up at points in their careers until they took the "home in time for tea" choice

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:17 am

So - Ian Watson from Blyth Spartans signs.

Thoughts?

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:33 am

Looked like a solid LB in the two games against us, plenty of energy & got forward well in 2nd half of replay, but not sure why we've signed a LB (on a long term basis) given we've got Scott & Galbraith in that position plus Weldon has been training with us as he returns from injury.

I'm sure Gray has a plan rather than just a scattergun approach to signings...

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:40 am

Galbraith to CM?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:02 am

Do we know Watson can't play on the right, or are we just assuming based on him having played on the left against us that this is the only side he's comfortable on?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC