B2D Fund breaks the £20K barrier

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

B2D Fund breaks the £20K barrier

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:58 pm

Finally! :clap:

Not being able to go to games I don't know, but are we still doing bucket collections for the fund at the home games? We seemed to get a regular rise in the total when we did those last season, and they helped keep people's attention drawn to it.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: B2D Fund breaks the £20K barrier

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:15 pm

I haven't spotted any buckets lately Mr_Tibbs.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:27 am

We are not doing bucket collections at the moment, we will do again at selected matches in the future, also we have had charities doing their own collections look out for announcement regarding our annual foodbank day

divas

Post by divas » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:06 am

Only another million to go!

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:58 am

With little news currently available regarding the move back to Darlington its hard to start bucket collections again in my opinion. When we have an estimated date move date I expect the fund raising events to really pick up again

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:23 pm

love it! wrote:With little news currently available regarding the move back to Darlington its hard to start bucket collections again in my opinion. When we have an estimated date move date I expect the fund raising events to really pick up again

I thought you might have been more bothered helping the glazers pay off their debt before UEFA hit them under FFP.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:07 pm

love it! wrote:With little news currently available regarding the move back to Darlington its hard to start bucket collections again in my opinion. When we have an estimated date move date I expect the fund raising events to really pick up again
I disagree. You just get some volunteers to go around with buckets at matches. Quite simple when you think it through.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

love it!

Post by love it! » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:13 pm

Spyman wrote:
I disagree. You just get some volunteers to go around with buckets at matches. Quite simple when you think it through.
Simple to obtain buckets I agree however I disagree that there would be much of a appetite to donate without a target in sight

love it!

Post by love it! » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:15 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:

I thought you might have been more bothered helping the glazers pay off their debt before UEFA hit them under FFP.
I'm also funding my gas and electric company by paying my bills. Not sure why paying for a ticket at United causes more offense than paying utility bills. Surely you can post a statement about paying for something else which offends you rather than just United?

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:39 pm

Nothing else offends me
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Markodarlo

Post by Markodarlo » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:04 pm

Spyman wrote:
Just get some volunteers?

Are you offering?

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:08 pm

robsraiders wrote:We are not doing bucket collections at the moment, we will do again at selected matches in the future, also we have had charities doing their own collections look out for announcement regarding our annual foodbank day
Ok, thanks Rob. I know there's a push to get people to sign up to the lottery at the moment (and my own entry is going in tonight) so I know we can't really do that and rattle the buckets, or clash with other charities.

But, being a keen watcher of when and why the B2D total has leaped upwards, it's good to know the B2D buckets will make an appearance again. Waiting till we're top of the league and drawing 500 more people through the gate? Good thinking!
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:10 pm

spyman with all the easy answers nowt new there then!

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:14 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
robsraiders wrote:We are not doing bucket collections at the moment, we will do again at selected matches in the future, also we have had charities doing their own collections look out for announcement regarding our annual foodbank day
Ok, thanks Rob. I know there's a push to get people to sign up to the lottery at the moment (and my own entry is going in tonight) so I know we can't really do that and rattle the buckets, or clash with other charities.

But, being a keen watcher of when and why the B2D total has leaped upwards, it's good to know the B2D buckets will make an appearance again. Waiting till we're top of the league and drawing 500 more people through the gate? Good thinking!
I have 2 events organised in next few weeks Trevor Sewell acoustic night and Bob Cass speaker+ Supper at BM on 22nd Nov, sell these out and £1500 could be in the pot so please support :thumbup:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:47 pm

robsraiders wrote:spyman with all the easy answers nowt new there then!
I wasn't having a dig or suggesting anything that is or isn't done by anyone volunteering is easy.

I was questioning the other posters claim that collections wouldn't be any use unless some kind of 'target' was announced.

I assume if we aren't currently doing collections there's a good reason, such as lack of manpower, which is a shame as anything raised is progress.

I'd happily volunteer myself if I didn't live several hundreds of miles away. I put money in as regularly as I can afford to.

Not sure what you're referring to with your personal dig, but happy to take on board where else I've been dishing out 'the easy answers' elsewhere.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

walshys_wingman_11

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:00 pm

doing bucket collections every home games just results in the same people donating every week. It would be far better only doing it at certain games and giving those games plenty of publicity.