its St Neotts away

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

RowleyParker
Team Supported: St Neots Town

Re: its St Neotts away

Post by RowleyParker » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:36 pm

Just wanted to echo what Craig has said, should be a cracking tie and with no Premiership football that day either, could be a decent turn out.
Looking forward to it :)

loan_star
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by loan_star » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:42 pm

Lambrttacraig wrote:Maybe if you look early enough, you'd be able to get reasonably priced rail tickets via east coast?
If by"reasonably priced" you actually mean "fuckin expensive" then East Coast is the way to go :D

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:47 pm

loan_star wrote:
Lambrttacraig wrote:Maybe if you look early enough, you'd be able to get reasonably priced rail tickets via east coast?
If by"reasonably priced" you actually mean "fuckin expensive" then East Coast is the way to go :D

Yeah, about £100 a pop!

JABWootton

Post by JABWootton » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:07 pm

Just 20 minutes from me
Cambridge Match is on the Friday (Probably re-arranged for our tie!!)
Should get a few

Lambrttacraig
Team Supported: Arsenal

Post by Lambrttacraig » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:14 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
loan_star wrote:

Yeah, about £100 a pop!

Fook! :wtf:

Lambrttacraig
Team Supported: Arsenal

Post by Lambrttacraig » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:20 pm

onewayup wrote:Seems like st neots are expecting a large following from Darlington,according to their website,don't think it will be,its a long trip.

Don't get many large numbers of away fans. Kings Lynn being the exception who brought 700 for a league game a few seasons ago. Normal is 30-50!!!
Any more than this would be a large following.....

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:30 pm

I've been to most away games in the last three seasons, Camel Laird aside (even I missed that) I don't think we've had less than 150 -200 travelling Quaker fans ... normally more than that travel. St Neots is a fair distance and it is the FA Trophy, but I would expect a good turn out ..... we also have a lot of DAFTS who relish such days .....

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:19 pm

I know the real-ale crew have got train tickets for about £42 quid. No doubt will involve breaking the tickets down, but if you put in the effort to look hard enough it's there.

Yackley Quaker might put a bit more meat on the bones of the above...
Mullet69uk on Twitter

Yackley_Quaker

Post by Yackley_Quaker » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:27 pm

If you dont mind an early start 7.05 from Darlo to Peterborough and then 19.23 Peterborough to Donny & 21.23 Donny to Darlo with a day return Peterborough to St Neots thrown in. Total cost £42.90

TSQuaker

Post by TSQuaker » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:11 pm

I had a look on-line yesterday for train prices as well - safe to say I won't be using that mode of transport.

Couldn't find anything for less than £100.
Northern League Champions 2013

darlo820

Post by darlo820 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:21 pm

We will get pumped! I watched them beat Truro a couple of months ago. Big lads at the back and up front, midfield are really quick too.Good on the ball but don't like a good lower league challenge. Don't expect an easy time of it. Big city have them away on Saturday so will see what the return visit holds.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:38 pm

With the run we're on and the confidence we have in the team I'm sure we can step up to that level, albeit for the penalty save last season we matched and would of beat Buxton who were going well in the Premier.
Those of us who were at Spennymoor away this season will have witnessed the performance we are capable of putting in, pressing the ball and giving Spenny no time to think. I've watched a couple of their highlights and they do look quick on the ball, the blonde haired lad in midfield, everything seems to go through him.
That said, who's to say we can't go there, match them and with a performance from Thompson we can get a result. I'd take a draw and bring them back here mind
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

divas

Post by divas » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:53 pm

quakersam wrote:I'd take a draw and bring them back here mind
The tie can be settled on the day with extra time and penalties if both clubs agree. I'd hope that we'd go down that route.

ron-harbertson-hero

Post by ron-harbertson-hero » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:05 pm

Train ticket booked. Great! Living near Nuneaton this will be my first opportunity to watch the Quakers since their most recent demise. My last game was at Hinckley United! A night to forget. I have seen them play many times at venues in the midlands (Aston Villa,Coventry City, Wolves, West Brom, Birmingham City, Walsall,Notts County,Peterborough, Northampton, Kidderminster, Telford, Wembley and Hinckley....) I have rarely experienced a win, maybe this time.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:19 pm

Great to hear so many exiles can make it :thumbup:

Looks a superb facility, something which we need to aspire too at Blackwell
http://youtu.be/s3s5xTadGuE
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:09 pm

AIDO wrote:I've been to most away games in the last three seasons, Camel Laird aside (even I missed that) I don't think we've had less than 150 -200 travelling Quaker fans ... normally more than that travel. St Neots is a fair distance and it is the FA Trophy, but I would expect a good turn out ..... we also have a lot of DAFTS who relish such days .....
.... for the benefit of those fans from St Neots ... or even Darlo .... who might be a tad concerned by the term DAFTS in relation to "relishing such days" ......

:arrow: .... http://www.dafts.co.uk/

.... be concerned ..... :lol:

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:42 pm

quakersam wrote:Great to hear so many exiles can make it :thumbup:

Looks a superb facility, something which we need to aspire too at Blackwell
http://youtu.be/s3s5xTadGuE
I have to agree, that is a very nice set up they have there.
FORZA DARLO