WTF IS GOING ON

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Markodarlo
Team Supported: Darlington

WTF IS GOING ON

Post by Markodarlo » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:06 am

Firstly the Boro game getting cancelled, if Todd is saying he want 3-4 more players he could have arranged a team of trialist to play against Boro, why is it we are being told Todd has asked for the game to be cancelled but Sing is fuming, does Todd have more power than Sing or do the Admin have more say than anyone because they are actually working for Houghton not DFC? Now there are rumours of us not getting out of admin before the season starts, surely this will incure a points reduction, again is Houghton getting the admin to drag there feet because he can not stand the thought of Sing being a success? Personally i think there is a conspiracy going on, i may be way off the mark but something does not way up, i will not be commiting any monies to the club untill the deal is in black and white. ikt could only happen at Darlo, WHY US!

DL5

Re: WTF IS GOING ON

Post by DL5 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:23 am

Markodarlo wrote:Firstly the Boro game getting cancelled, if Todd is saying he want 3-4 more players he could have arranged a team of trialist to play against Boro, why is it we are being told Todd has asked for the game to be cancelled but Sing is fuming, does Todd have more power than Sing or do the Admin have more say than anyone because they are actually working for Houghton not DFC? Now there are rumours of us not getting out of admin before the season starts, surely this will incure a points reduction, again is Houghton getting the admin to drag there feet because he can not stand the thought of Sing being a success? Personally i think there is a conspiracy going on, i may be way off the mark but something does not way up, i will not be commiting any monies to the club untill the deal is in black and white. ikt could only happen at Darlo, WHY US!
Last season saw 5800 fans for this fixture. Let's say that in the climate of declining crowds we get 3500 which is realistic we must be talking £30k ticket sales plus extras. How the hell can we pass this opportunity over when we haven't got 2 brass buttons to rub together? It's a no brainer to put some sort of team out and take the cash.

When's the fan's forum? This needs answers, we're still in admin and seem to have gone from bucket rattling and begging to turning our noses up at an amount that would pay 2 players wages.

AnthonyP

Post by AnthonyP » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:23 am

it doesn't need any answers as I think it's quite clear that Todd hasn't got enough players available who are fit to put together a competitive team against the boro next week. He has a small squad anyway and the very last thing we need on the eve of the season is a 0-5 (or any heavy defeat) to a quick and fit Middlesbrough team full of youngsters.

We don't get the money from the pre-season friendly games anyway, so there's no incentive there to play the game. All the ticket sales go towards clearing the Administrators bills. Colin Todd said as much on BBC Tees ealier in the week, I think.

I think this is a good decision by Todd. We can fit in a more reasonable away game that we can be competitive in and will better serve us. And credit to Singh, who, as somebody has said before, will probably now have to pay the Administrators bills when we come out of Admin, tsanction this decision in the interests of the team.

I genuinely don't know what anyone is complaining about ..

Well done Colin and Raj

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:41 am

Raj wont be paying the administrators - he has nothing to do with them, they were brought in by George Houghton.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:06 am

divas wrote:Raj wont be paying the administrators - he has nothing to do with them, they were brought in by George Houghton.
Any money that goes to the administrators at present goes to them to pay OUR bills for the day to day running of the club.

They will collect their fee at the end of the process.

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:08 pm

If we are still in administration when the Leeds game comes around do we miss out on a the gate receipts and b the Sky cash aswell?

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:50 pm

StevieMardenboro wrote:If we are still in administration when the Leeds game comes around do we miss out on a the gate receipts and b the Sky cash aswell?

All money still comes into the club - just think of it as a big pot - it all still has to be accounted for.

Think of the administrator as being your Dad (if you can bear to) and you are the club. Because you are a minor and you have no cheque book or means to pay anyone - Dad (the administrator does it for you.

When we come out of administration you are suddenly 18 (again?) and given a cheque book etc. and have the funds Dad has been saving for you.

The first thing you do is write Dad a big cheque and tell him to fuck off and never darken your doors again.

Then you invite all your 3000 odd friends (who have been kept in the dark for months) round for a few beers, a couple of pies and a game of football. :clap: :clap:

Mattkips

Post by Mattkips » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:08 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:
StevieMardenboro wrote:If we are still in administration when the Leeds game comes around do we miss out on a the gate receipts and b the Sky cash aswell?

All money still comes into the club - just think of it as a big pot - it all still has to be accounted for.

Think of the administrator as being your Dad (if you can bear to) and you are the club. Because you are a minor and you have no cheque book or means to pay anyone - Dad (the administrator does it for you.

When we come out of administration you are suddenly 18 (again?) and given a cheque book etc. and have the funds Dad has been saving for you.

The first thing you do is write Dad a big cheque and tell him to fuck off and never darken your doors again.

Then you invite all your 3000 odd friends (who have been kept in the dark for months) round for a few beers, a couple of pies and a game of football. :clap: :clap:
That explains it pretty well :thumbup: