Promotion next year ?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Promotion next year ?

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:21 am

Yes or no ? ...................

I'm going to go yes!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

super_les_mcjannet

Re: Promotion next year ?

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:47 am

Going to sit on the fence and say not sure.

Although we are better than last year in terms of team and better in terms of position at this stage of the season. All the positivies are on our side but with there only being one automatic promotion spot it puts that doubt in my mind.

I am sure we will know more at the end of January, in terms of fixtures around the top teams seems a big month.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:50 am

I'm far from sure too, but if I had to go yes or no - it would be yes.

It's ours to throw away, surely ?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:08 pm

Too early for this, so many slip ups can happen!

It'll be much clearer around late Feb/March time!

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:19 pm

As it sits today I think yes but as mentioned there are so many twists and turns that I'm sure we will be doubting us at some stage, good thing is currently we don't need to worry about anyone else slipping up but us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:49 pm

It's a definate yes from me.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:05 pm

A couple of additions to the squad in central midfield and another right back and I believe we can do it.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:30 pm

It's yes, and absolutely sure!

quakerfan

Post by quakerfan » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:31 pm

There can always be additions to any squad but we already have good players and we certainly have the right manager . For me the important thing now is for all at the club (and I include the fans) to maintain a positive attitude and sheer determination not to be beaten . With that I am all for a great big YES we can win promotion .

bigfatpete
Team Supported: Sunderland

Post by bigfatpete » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:01 pm

From what I have seen (admittedly, not a great deal) you have every chance of going up this year. The side looks well balanced and there are options on the bench every game. It would be fitting to open next season back in Darlington. I wish you all the best for 2015.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:51 pm

For me, it's a diplomatic 50/50.

We are much stronger team than last season that is for sure, the additions of Mitch, Portas and Armstrong also Jamo making his claim in the first team this season have all been hugely influential for us.

However on the same hand I also believe we are in a much stronger and competitve league this year with many more teams challenging than last season when Curzon proved to be out and out front runners. I can't see anyone winning the league by a margin as comfortable as theirs this time round.

I believe ourselves Northwich and Salford remain the front runners for the league this season, Northwich somewhat of a surprise package as I expected W********n would be up there again this season, also can't rule out Farsley, Bamber Bridge and unfortunately Spennymoor!

Promotion is a strong possibility and no doubt we'll be there or thereabouts come April, but it certainly isn't a given. We still have to play the likes of Farsley, Salford, Droylsden, Bamber Bridge, Northwich et al again in the new year.

I shall remain hopeful but not expectant, personally I think we'll have a better idea come the end of March which way we're going.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:38 pm

If we can carry on the run, then we may be able to avoid the negative impacts of bad officials, extreme weather, dodgy pictches that can rob any club of half a dozen or so points.

We dont have a cushion forthese factors at the moment, so a great start to 2015 looks to be very important on what is currently a six or seven horse race.

TSQuaker

Post by TSQuaker » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:40 pm

We're certainly good enough, I just hope that the recent postponements don't continue and give us a fixture headache towards the back end of the season.
Northern League Champions 2013

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:50 pm

For me if i have to say yes or no its yes.

We are stronger then last season, despite a few draws recently we are on a fantastic run.

The league is stronger on the whole but that plays into our hands, last year Curzon pretty much walked it. While still second we are in the position teams want to be in.

January is huge for us, finishing with the trip to Salford. If we win their and are still on this run, i will be even more confident.

We can do this

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:11 pm

On ability a big YES. The big unknown is whether games in hand will be worth more or less than points in the bag.

Darl-Zero

Post by Darl-Zero » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:31 pm

Yes! And the year after that!
I'm going to try blind optimism this year.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:54 pm

Yes but cautious as I thought Salford were dead certs a couple of months ago.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:27 pm

i agree, after the home defeat to Salford i thought the title race was over. We have a pretty easy run of fixtures with Brighouse, Padiham, Prescott Cables and Ossett Albion if we can win these fixtures then that should set us up nicely for the away tie at Salford.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:43 pm

If we can come away with something from each of the Northwich and Salford matches, then I believe we'll win the league. Farsley and Spennymoor will also have a big say, but I think we've got enough to stay ahead of them.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:32 am

Darl-Zero wrote:Yes! And the year after that!
I'm going to try blind optimism this year.
Might not be too wildly optimistic. Encouraging that Curzon have managed the step-up and are third, albeit on more games played.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:18 pm

If we were to get promoted next year then we could come up against an old friend.

Check out who scored first for Stourbridge

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/results.php

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:19 pm

Haha, he will have left before the start of next season!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:04 am

If we don't then it will be an enormous disappointment.

We are top with three games in hand and a far superior goal difference. Effectively a 10 point cushion.

We have turned into a very solid team that grinds out victories, whereas last season we seemed capable of great wins but sometimes struggled when the going got tough. We seem to have more grit about us judging by reports and results - today being a perfect example. It wasn't going our way but we dug out a victory despite being below par.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:10 am

Spyman wrote:If we don't then it will be an enormous disappointment.

We are top with three games in hand and a far superior goal difference. Effectively a 10 point cushion.

We have turned into a very solid team that grinds out victories, whereas last season we seemed capable of great wins but sometimes struggled when the going got tough. We seem to have more grit about us judging by reports and results - today being a perfect example. It wasn't going our way but we dug out a victory despite being below par.

A great post. As today proves this is a team that can grind out wins when they don't play that well. There are also good options on the bench as today also proved.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:41 am

Got to agree with Spyman.

As much as we don't like to get ahead of ourselves, we're now clear favourites to win the title.

We've got a good set of fixtures before the Salford game too, so a great chance to put more pressure on the sides around us.

Don't get me wrong, the promotion race is a long way from over. But for me, not getting automatic promotion from this position would be disappointing.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY