Arsenal fans behind the goal?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

loan_star
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by loan_star » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:52 pm

Well thats what they sounded like, fair enough Leon Scott was dog turd today but why get on Grays back because of it? Pisses me off when people expect perfection week in week out and are quick to get on peoples backs if it doesn't happen. The result is the important thing at the end of the day and the league position isn't too bad is it! I suggest its this minority of fans who "don't know what they're doing".

super_les_mcjannet

Re: Arsenal fans behind the goal?

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:59 pm

loan_star wrote:Well thats what they sounded like, fair enough Leon Scott was dog turd today but why get on Grays back because of it? Pisses me off when people expect perfection week in week out and are quick to get on peoples backs if it doesn't happen. The result is the important thing at the end of the day and the league position isn't too bad is it! I suggest its this minority of fans who "don't know what they're doing".
I don't understand the grief he gets to be honest, in a tough league we have put ourselves into a great position and Scott has played most games.

The only thing I could see is that we were poor attacking wise and with Portas playing Scott is often the most advanced CM but the attacking CM is not his natural game. Thompson and Mitchell were not offering lots out wide and for some reason Scott got the criticism, lets be honest in the tight battles against Salford away etc Scott would be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Some of the comments against Scott were poor though, not his best performance but those who criticise obviously don't understand football and what he brings to the team.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:00 pm

Only happy when they are moaning mate, I moved today because of some whinging twats, always the same moaning c****, not sure why they come

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:49 pm

I don't think Scott's had his best game to be fair, play was too slow but I'd never boo him as they all wear Darlo shirts and we should be getting behind the team and not booing, we are in a great position and we are always gonna get frustrated at home due to the opposition getting 10 men behind the ball defending for there lives...

Sat ont shitter

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:00 pm

Thought Scott was poor today, but I don't agree with those who moan to the bench...I discuss with those around me (who actually agreed with me).
The manager picks the team he thinks is best for the job in hand.

Thought Thommo was poor today also, but he sometimes produces something from nothing..Moto looked impressive when he came on..

All in all, great substitutions by MG...Thats the beauty of having a good first team squad

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:01 pm

It wasn't his best game, but I don't think anyone was more than a 7/10. It was just one of those days where we had to battle. What I will say about Scott is that early in the second half he had two mid-range shots and although I heard massive groans from some fans I was pleased that Scott was trying to control his shots.

Usually I expect this shots to go miles over/wide, but he was careful to keep them down and at least test the keeper, with a bit more luck they might have gone in. Also people may forget he made an excellent challenge (when already on a booking) that broke one of their counter attacks where we were light in defence.

Andrew Wilkinson

Post by Andrew Wilkinson » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:12 pm

At every club there are a section of fans that moan. I remember covering a Man Utd v Boro game for the Gazette. Near the Old Trafford press box there was a group of United fans giving Ronaldo stick. They criticised his effort and ability!!!
If Ronaldo is lacking, the likes of Leon Scott have no chance.
I reckon some fans spend all week on the receiving end from the wife and the boss, and Sat afternoon is their only chance to hand it out without getting it back.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:08 pm

I could have sworn I heard during the first substitution "you don't know what you're doing" which was bizarre given the fact that a substitution was sorely required. Mota for Thompson seemed a reasonable switch. I didn't hear the stuff with Scotty but for me Scotty has been one of our key players in recent matches particularly against Radcliffe. Scotty does a lot of the routine stuff (chasing tackling) which often goes unnoticed.

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:17 pm

We do have a fair few fans that think Thommo can do no wrong,and while we know he is a match winner on his day he is a shadow of the player he was last season.

Quakers23

Post by Quakers23 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:17 pm

Some of the stick that Leon got today was bang out of order! People booing and shouting at him to get off was not justified in my opinion. Fair enough he didn't have a great game, but I think the first change by MG was the right one and definitely didn't justify the 'you don't know what you're doing' chants. Sometimes I really don't know what goes through the head of some people at times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:35 pm

Quakers23 wrote:Some of the stick that Leon got today was bang out of order! People booing and shouting at him to get off was not justified in my opinion. Fair enough he didn't have a great game, but I think the first change by MG was the right one and definitely didn't justify the 'you don't know what you're doing' chants. Sometimes I really don't know what goes through the head of some people at times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
.... when you look at some of the lads who were chanting this nonsense (there weren't many in all fairness) ..... it's quite evident that nothing goes through their heads .... and probablies never has ... or possibly ever will .... Scotty has more nouse about him than to let this effect him ... but we don't need that kind of crap ... these young "fans" simply don't understand what this Darlo team are all about ..... Their moronic ... albeit brief, chant was more annoying than any single players performance ... thats for sure ... :thumbdown:

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:58 pm

There were a few older heads giving the abuse too, not just the younger ones.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:01 pm

If they were real Arsenal fans, they would be silent just like they are at the new Highbury Library (aka The Emirates)!

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:56 pm

Agree with the general sentiment, he didn't have a good game, happens to plenty of players, and he wasn't exactly a total liability. Got into so good positions, made some good tackles, and had some decent touches, his passing was well off the mark and he missed a couple of fairly good chances, was frustrating and he was taken off at about the right time. Sure he'll do better next week. But the people calling him names and dishing out over the top abuse, they're not really Darlo fans or even football fans, just wankers who turn up because it's an excuse to shout, swear and play the big man.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:14 am

spen666 wrote:If they were real Arsenal fans, they would be silent just like they are at the new Highbury Library (aka The Emirates)!
They make enough noise on 606 lol.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:31 am

Yes Scott didn't have the best game but he is a very useful player and i would have in the team every week. I heard the abuse he got and it very harsh. We're top of the league and winning games and yet some fans are shouting abuse at players and the attendances are falling.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:33 am

Some fans will always find a way to moan at somebody.

Amar was a target for some supporters last season, who wanted him dropped, said he did nothing for the team and that he should be sold.

I wouldn't take much notice of what they have to say.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:31 am

Let's be clear, the half dozen morons stood behind the goal dishing it out acted like complete bell ends. They should be embarrassed.

On the brighter side, thought the tin shed was in decent voice in the second half, especially since there was only, ahem, 800 odd in the whole ground.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:36 am

Oh, and while we're on, I thought MG deserved great credit for his subs yesterday - Mota added a bit more thrust than Thommo had and Galbraith pushed us a bit further up the pitch. Perfect.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:14 am

Darlogramps wrote:Some fans will always find a way to moan at somebody.

Amar was a target for some supporters last season, who wanted him dropped, said he did nothing for the team and that he should be sold.

I wouldn't take much notice of what they have to say.
You beat me to this point about Amar. Maybe, as in Amar's case, these numpties won't realise his value until he's missing from the team. :roll:

moz1963

Post by moz1963 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 am

Respect :thumbdown:

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:41 pm

Scott and Thompson have been heroes for Darlo, but are not currently at their best, probably because Darlo have been resorting to more of a long ball game in 2014, rather than the previous pressurising and passing game of 2013.

The change has made games tighter, appear more scrappy and less entertaining, which is an extra reason for the gates being down.

If the pair get forward more, and pass the ball around again, then a lot of fans would be happier, but this doesn't seem to be the game plan for this season.

This more entertaining approach matches up with Purewal and Dowson, but maybe doesn't suit Ward, Armstrong & Hatch so well.

Purewal's & Dowson's fitness is a big factor on Darlo's approach to attacking.

Despite the above Darlo are in a great position for Automatic promotion and at least we have options available with our forwards, when the games get tougher.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:43 pm

Sorry but we have resorted to a more direct tactic at times but I actually think as this season progressed to say we are playing long ball tactics isn't quite right.

Portas has increasingly dictated the tempo of games spraying it left and right. I just don't think we have depended on Thommo as much recently, we now have an option on the right in Mitchell who gets used as often as Thompson - last season our out ball invariably went left.

I don't think that many more games have been scrappy/right from last season. After a bit of the stutter at the start of the season we have been pretty dominant since then.

As for Scott. It sounds like he had a poor game last time out, but generally he has added a lot of strength and structure in the middle of the park. He is a valuable player but he and Galbraith will take turns because nether of them are going to dislodge Watson as LB.