Three years ago today - Barrow

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

dickdarlington
Team Supported: Darlington

Three years ago today - Barrow

Post by dickdarlington » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:27 am

Seems a lifetime ago now.

I was an emotional wreck. I guess a lot of us were. I'll never forget it. But looking back, I'm proud of what was rekindled that day. And what we have collectively achieved in a short period of time.

Sidarlo

Re: Three years ago today - Barrow

Post by Sidarlo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:30 am

Very emotional day all.

A day anyone that was there will never forget

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:43 pm

How time flies, Darlo is dead, long live Darlo!

Got to say I'm enjoying our football more now than I have done since the end of the late 80's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:31 pm

While we can all take great pride in how the club was saved after this match part of me wonders whether we would have been better folding after that match and starting again without any debt.

All I really remember about the match is that it was really cold and that I expected to enjoy the chance to stand among Darlo fans for a final time but infact just felt depressed and angry throughout the game. Hope we never experience anything like it ever again.

Quaker0006

Post by Quaker0006 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:44 pm

StevieMardenboro wrote:While we can all take great pride in how the club was saved after this match part of me wonders whether we would have been better folding after that match and starting again without any debt.

All I really remember about the match is that it was really cold and that I expected to enjoy the chance to stand among Darlo fans for a final time but infact just felt depressed and angry throughout the game. Hope we never experience anything like it ever again.
Couldn't disagree more. What we did was save Darlington, not create a new club. We also wouldn't have had the transfer pay offs, so probably be financially worse off. What are the benefits now of thinking that way?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:13 pm

Yep, although we've moaned about it and it could've killed us if it weren't for the transfer clauses coming good (a gamble which paid off), paying off the debt has meant we can hold our heads high and call ourselves Darlo, knowing we are the same club and that we are in the right when wind-up merchants and know-nowts try to suggest otherwise.

I'm delighted we took the route we did.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:58 pm

Still a little way to go before the clauses totally cover the expenditure but it is nice to have paid some of the debt. If only the FA would see it that way

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:05 pm

Spyman wrote:Yep, although we've moaned about it and it could've killed us if it weren't for the transfer clauses coming good (a gamble which paid off), paying off the debt has meant we can hold our heads high and call ourselves Darlo, knowing we are the same club and that we are in the right when wind-up merchants and know-nowts try to suggest otherwise.

I'm delighted we took the route we did.
Likewise. We took the morale high ground. Pity the FA didn't reward that either.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:08 am

I reckon a good number of fans, me included, wouldn't have bought into the new club concept. We had so much goodwill and fighting talk on that first open day at Bishop wanting to stick two fingers up at The FA. AND . . . the club history is still ours. Fans should be proud of what they've achieved so far.