Hatch available for transfer

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Hatch available for transfer

Post by poppyfield » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:30 pm

Looks like he is on his way out of the club.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... arlington/
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

LoidLucan

Re: Hatch available for transfer

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:34 pm

Spenny calling?

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:35 pm

After Cartman signing, not totally unexpected, if one of the strikers was leaving it was always going to be Hatch.

Great servant for the club who in multiple spells with the club has been a success and a huge fan favorite.

Will always be remembered for his heroics at both ends of the pitch in the FA Trophy Semi's/Final

Al Sharp

Post by Al Sharp » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:10 pm

Don't get to any games as an expat, can anyone shed some light on why exactly it hasn't worked out for him?

I was really expecting him to dominate at this level when he first signed.

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:21 pm

Gone to spenny

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:35 pm

Al Sharp wrote:Don't get to any games as an expat, can anyone shed some light on why exactly it hasn't worked out for him?

He just hasn't really had a chance and when he has played it has been an unsuccessful stint at centre half. HIs cameo appearances up-front have been OK whe he has come on. I think it says more about the quality we have up front in Armstrong than any regression in Hatch's ability.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:36 pm

confirmed?

Spenny can sign Leo Messi for all I care now they can only take points off our rivals.

I am half surprised Laura Drew didn't end up starting up front for them after she left us.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:51 pm

princes town wrote:
Al Sharp wrote:Don't get to any games as an expat, can anyone shed some light on why exactly it hasn't worked out for him?

He just hasn't really had a chance and when he has played it has been an unsuccessful stint at centre half. HIs cameo appearances up-front have been OK whe he has come on. I think it says more about the quality we have up front in Armstrong than any regression in Hatch's ability.
That's about the top and bottom of it, when Hatch has played he has been ok but Armstrong started like a rocket this season with the Spenny away game and things went from there.

Gray wasn't happy with him after the sending off and I would say he probaby never got enough chances when Dowson and Amar were injured. These things happen, still think he has something to offer but the other guys have more longer term.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:07 pm

As has been said above, it's not really a surprise as one comes in another goes out, and from the collection of strikers that we have Hatch was just unfortunately last in the pecking order. As others have said this is due to the successes of the likes of Armstrong and Amar rather than any of Hatch's failings. Just hasn't had the game time to assert himself, always looked his usual self when he was on the pitch always gave defenders and lot of hassle.
Unfortunately for him the apperances he was limited to some came at CB, I make a point of never judging a player for performances where they're playing a long way out of position. Unfortunately for these reasons it's just not worked out for him. Will always be a fan favorite for his 100% effort in every game he played for the club and really do wish him all the best where ever he goes next.

On a little plus point its good management by the club, it was obviously a tough decision to make that he will be let go but its good to see that tight reigns are being kept on budgets for the playing squad and we're not allowing our ambitions to lose sight of the fact that finances need to be carefully managed. Especially in light of our impending move home.

Sad to see him go, good luck Hatchy lad

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:32 pm

Spendy needed cover up front... I think they're down to their last ten strikers :D

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:47 pm

Gutted that this didn't work out for The HITMAN.

Has he really gone to Spenny?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:58 pm

Crying shame, as mentioned he never really has had a chance, when he has been up front I thought he worked his socks off and caused problems, good luck to him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:00 pm

Quakerz wrote:Gutted that this didn't work out for The HITMAN.

Has he really gone to Spenny?
I can't find anything about him going to Spenny. You never know but surely even they don't need him.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:01 pm

Well he is better than any other striker that they have so why wouldn't they be interested?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:24 pm

That doesn't really matter though does it, whether he is better or not! He is ex Darlo so they will of course be interested.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:35 pm

BlackandwhiteBOB wrote:That doesn't really matter though does it, whether he is better or not! He is ex Darlo so they will of course be interested.

Yes, their recruitment policy seems to be:

Sign any recently released Darlington player.

Or, sign any player that Darlington may be interested in.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:40 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
BlackandwhiteBOB wrote:That doesn't really matter though does it, whether he is better or not! He is ex Darlo so they will of course be interested.

It's likely down to the fact there's not actually that many un-contracted players available in the region to Spenny (and us), so any player released by us will automatically be a target due to the fact they're a) available and b) decent.

I don't think it's any coincidence that our last 2 signings have been from outside of the North East.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:21 pm

roadrunner wrote:Gone to spenny
A bit like when Chelsea sold Mata to Man Utd, you'd take that as the selling club.

He'll be a threat to our rivals for Spenny, but not to us.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:44 pm

divas wrote:
Fibonacci0112358 wrote:

It's likely down to the fact there's not actually that many un-contracted players available in the region to Spenny (and us), so any player released by us will automatically be a target due to the fact they're a) available and b) decent.

I don't think it's any coincidence that our last 2 signings have been from outside of the North East.
It was tongue in cheek, but yes, our transfer policy has taken a shift lately.

DarloDean

Post by DarloDean » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:27 am

Kind of a shame, we all wanted him to do well. But hanging on to him at this point, will just be a more about keeping a person because what they've done, as opposed to what they can do.

I'm sure we all wish him the best, and we're thankful indeed for all the work he's done at Darlo, I say this in regards to my personal fav performance in the 1st Semi against Gateshead that ultimately, well, I don't need to explain further do I.

As opposed to Spenny, there is nothing confirmed so I don't believe it, I'm pretty sure they don't need him, so I can't make a guess on what he'll do next. But at the same time, Spenny will stop at nothing to become 90% Darlo FC.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:53 am

DarloDean wrote:Kind of a shame, we all wanted him to do well. But hanging on to him at this point, will just be a more about keeping a person because what they've done, as opposed to what they can do.

I'm sure we all wish him the best, and we're thankful indeed for all the work he's done at Darlo, I say this in regards to my personal fav performance in the 1st Semi against Gateshead that ultimately, well, I don't need to explain further do I.

As opposed to Spenny, there is nothing confirmed so I don't believe it, I'm pretty sure they don't need him, so I can't make a guess on what he'll do next. But at the same time, Spenny will stop at nothing to become 90% Darlo Reserves FC.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:55 pm

Good luck HITMAN, wherever you go, and thanks for everything. :roll:

DarloDean

Post by DarloDean » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
DarloDean wrote:Kind of a shame, we all wanted him to do well. But hanging on to him at this point, will just be a more about keeping a person because what they've done, as opposed to what they can do.

As opposed to Spenny, there is nothing confirmed so I don't believe it, I'm pretty sure they don't need him, so I can't make a guess on what he'll do next. But at the same time, Spenny will stop at nothing to become 90% Darlo Reserves FC.

oh s***, my bad. Thanks for the edit :D

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:04 pm

Lot's of good memories of Hatch over the years. Good luck for the future.

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:26 am

it amuses me that his nickname is the Hitman, he never really was very prolific in either spell for us, not exactly a hitman eh?

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:59 pm

Hatchy was always our hitman as his physical presence was a factor in us winning games, not just the goals. I hope he can help Spenny succeed in the play-offs, where hopefully Darlo wont be playing their neighbours.

Spenny deserve promotion, but the reformed Salford may develop into a huge force to be reckonned with.

Darlo may have broke the budget for signing Cartman, but if not, they may be able to obtain some extra covering players in midfield or defence on an as need basis.

Up front I wouldnt expect a "Dave Penney" major injury crisis, what with the relatively fit attacking players at our disposal. Cartman, Armstrong, Purewell, Dowson, Thompson, not forgetting young Pennel who is scoring regulary in his Seaham Red Star loan spell playing against grown-ups.

Can't wait for the next game - get your shooting & marking practice in guys!

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:04 pm

Has he actually signed for Spennymoor?

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:10 pm

bertbanger wrote:it amuses me that his nickname is the Hitman, he never really was very prolific in either spell for us, not exactly a hitman eh?
hitman
noun informal
a person who is paid to kill someone, especially for a criminal or political organization.

You're right, he definitely isn't one of those.

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:17 pm

:D

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:25 pm

All may be revealed on Saturday, unless the Echo swings into action.

I doubt whether Spenny would be loaning him, when play-off rivals may be sniffing around.