well,well

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

well,well

Post by onewayup » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:09 pm

Two red cards for Salford,what games do they miss.
All Darlington need to do is concentrate on their own
Games winning as many as possible and up we go.
Com,on darlo.

Bogratsteve

Re: well,well

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:13 pm

Appear to have discipline issues at Salford, mind you it ain't going to get better with the new management team as we well know

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:25 pm

3 points behind, 5 games in hand.

A Salford win will give them a chink of light because that puts them 6 points ahead with us still having 5 games in hand, and we still have to go to Northwich and Farsley.

If we draw or win then I think they'll throw in the towel.

I do believe that this years Darlington team is too good for this league and we'll win it as comfortably as Curzon last year.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:02 pm

Quakerz wrote:3 points behind, 5 games in hand.

A Salford win will give them a chink of light because that puts them 6 points ahead with us still having 5 games in hand, and we still have to go to Northwich and Farsley.

If we draw or win then I think they'll throw in the towel.

I do believe that this years Darlington team is too good for this league and we'll win it as comfortably as Curzon last year.
It certainly looks that way.

Even if we lose to Salford, Farsley and Northwich, we still effectively have a 4 point cushion (unless we are hammered by all three and lose our GD advantage). Salford and Northwich are also bound to drop more points along the way, so we'd probably have to lose another couple of games on top of those to allow them to pass us.

I just can see us capitulating in that way based on how consistent we've been this season.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:16 pm

Thought for a while we could afford the odd slip in our games and not have it cost us. Obviously I'd prefer not to do that against Salford or Northwich as that is kind of a double hit but still. Other teams really haven't made the most of our inactivity.

I do think Salford's Summer take over and money spending have taken the focus off us. Really do fancy us now to run away with it. Let's get the next game out of the way though.

polarbear
Team Supported: spennymoor

Post by polarbear » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:19 pm

starting to look like spennymoor are the only team who could catch darlington.
Last edited by polarbear on Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:24 pm

End of the day, Salford and Northwich are right on the 2 points a game mark and are by all normal measures therefore performing really consistently. We are just, well, for the moment, smashing it.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:36 pm

Do we know who was sent-off for Salford today and what positions they play? Hopefully they'll be suspended for next week.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:37 pm

polarbear wrote:starting to look like spennymoor are the only team who could catch darlington.
No, Spennymoor are one of a few teams that "could" catch Darlo, but won't.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:40 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Do we know who was sent-off for Salford today and what positions they play? Hopefully they'll be suspended for next week.
Full back and a midfielder I believe however neither will be suspended next week.

swadquaker

Post by swadquaker » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:42 pm

That guy (polar bear I think) that posted Spenny were our biggest rival, isnt looking so daft now even if bookies have them 25/1

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:40 pm

Dont think that manager at salford knows his team 4 games , used 3 goalkeepers, made 4 and then 3 changes to a winning team , i think he,s trying to fit all his rammy thugs into the team . Then his captain lynch goes on a 2 week holiday missed today and away for salfords biggest ever game next week.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:53 pm

Too many changes at Salford - which is good news it seems.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:21 pm

polarbear wrote:starting to look like spennymoor are the only team who could catch darlington.
Given you only scrambled a 1-0 win against relegation-threatened side today, I'd say Spennymoor won't be catching us this season.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:24 pm

Next week is must-win for Salford. If we win, it's just about all over. All the pressure is on them.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:37 pm

Salford have signed Steve Howson a CB from yes you guessed it Ramsbottom, didn't get clearance in time for today but no doubt will play next week.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:55 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Next week is must-win for Salford. If we win, it's just about all over. All the pressure is on them.
I'd say that's the case for them most weeks now, not just against us. Every dropped point from them just eases the pressure on us and allows us more mistakes.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:52 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Given you only scrambled a 1-0 win against relegation-threatened side today, I'd say Spennymoor won't be catching us this season.
We only beat bottom 1-0. It's still 3 points though. Spenny are not to be discounted. They are quietly going about their business

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:14 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
We only beat bottom 1-0. It's still 3 points though. Spenny are not to be discounted. They are quietly going about their business
WHOOOSH!!!

divas

Post by divas » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:38 pm

Very good. For Spennymoor to overthrow Darlo we'd need to drop an absolute minimum of 21 points. I don't think that's going to happen.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:34 am

divas wrote:Very good. For Spennymoor to overthrow Darlo we'd need to drop an absolute minimum of 21 points. I don't think that's going to happen.
Why? We only have one game in hand on them don't we?

Theoretically, if we drop 10 points and they win all remaining games they could finish above us. Not that they will.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:10 am

My rationale was: one game in hand on them plus we're 6 points ahead which potentially equates to 9 points.

They're obviously not going to win every game until the end of the season, and for them to only drop 12 points between now and the end of the season would be absolute phenomenal form with 18 games to play.

If they only dropped 12 points, we'd need to drop 21 (22 with GD) for them to catch us, and I really can't see that happening. We do arguably have a tougher run in than the games that we've already played but still, given our excellent defensive, improved attack and all round greatness culminating in a 16 game unbeaten run I can't see us dropping that many points in the remaining fixtures.

Dropping 1 point per game which is much poorer form than we've been in all season (early season blip included) would still see us home and hosed on 91 points which will be more than enough. Given we achieved 90 last season, 91 is a very conservative estimate.

For any other team to hit 91 points from here they'd need to improve radically.

Salford & Northwich would need 35 additional points from 14 games (2.5ppg)
Spennymoor would need 44 from 18 games (2.44 ppg)
Scarborough 45 from 16 (2.8ppg)
Farsley 46 from 18 games (2.56ppg)
Bamber Bridge 50 from 18 games (2.78ppg)
Warrington 56 from 29 (2.95ppg)

Put plainly, for any team to catch us they'd need to amass half a point per game more than us (or a point every 2 games)

84 points will be enough to win the league IMO, lowest it's been for a good few seasons.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:01 pm

84 points is a bit low, looking at last season we were second with 90, so guessing you could look around that mark.

At the moment this is what the top so many can achieve. I would say 95 points guarantees the league (so we could afford 15 points dropped) but possibly less is required, shocking how quickly Droylsden dropped over the last 2 months.

Darlo 110
Spenny Town 101
Farsley 99
Salford 98
Northwich Vics 98
Bamber Bridge 95
Scarborough 94
Warrington 92
Mossley 91
Harrogate RA 87
Droylsden 85
Clitheroe 85
Lancaster 85

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:34 pm

It's now seven players that have left Ramsbottom for Salford along with the management pair. They reckon the players have probably doubled their wages by the move. It's got to be pretty well unprecedented for that number to be pillaged from another club. It's all part of a master plan to develop academy football in the area... yeah right :?

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:42 pm

They have signed another keeper this week also

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:13 am

I've always thought the best teams evolve over time rather than this big bang stuff. You can take the best players to a club but it will still take time for the club unity to be formed and players to settle down in the new environment. How will some of the existing Salford players react to this invasion of ex ramsbottom players. That will be a huge management problem. Difficult to tell. I see Salford as strong contenders next year rather than this year. It is not all about the players, you also need a strong infrastructure.
Last edited by princes town on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:16 am

For me Spennymoor are the best team we have played at HP this season but they lack consistency.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:17 am

LoidLucan wrote:It's now seven players that have left Ramsbottom for Salford along with the management pair. They reckon the players have probably doubled their wages by the move. It's got to be pretty well unprecedented for that number to be pillaged from another club. It's all part of a master plan to develop a thugs academy in the area... yeah right :?
Edited for you. :roll:

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:29 pm

Hull tried to buy promotion with multiple signings & team shuffling years ago and it ended in tears.

With Manchester United's protected status with refs the new ex MUFC coaches are likely to favour bad tackles, as they never got punished in the past.

Even the poor NPL refs should spot the culprits and dish out the cards.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:56 pm

princes town wrote:I've always thought the best teams evolve over time rather than this big bang stuff. You can take the best players to a club but it will still take time for the club unity to be formed and players to settle down in the new environment. How will some of the existing Salford players react to this invasion of ex ramsbottom players. That will be a huge management problem. Difficult to tell. I see Salford as strong contenders next year rather than this year. It is not all about the players, you also need a strong infrastructure.
The thing is, these Ramsbottom players aren't the players that took the league by storm last season. They needed to raid Curzon Ashton for those. All they've done is signed a group of players who finished in the also-rans spots and got the rub of the green in the playoffs.

It says to me that Salford are planning for the playoffs, not the title.

DC