VERY impressed with the club this morning.....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

VERY impressed with the club this morning.....

Post by divas » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:21 am

With all the doom & gloom on here at the moment i thought id just let you know an even that's happened today that leaves me feeling very positive for the future of the club.

I emailed Christine late yesterday to enquire about the Boro friendly, this morning at 9am i get a call from a lady at the club informing me that Christine is on holiday and that she'd been asked to give me a call. Confirming and apologising that the friendly has been called off and that a press release will be issued today - its Colin Todd decision as he doesnt think the players are "up for it" presumably what this means is he doesnt want another 7-2 hammering to demoralise the players before the season starts - he obviously thinks we stand a chance in the league if this is the case which is a positive spin i suppose.

Very nice to get a call when a simple email reply would have done. What was even more impressive was they actually took the time to inform me that we have Leeds in the cup coming up if i was interested in that game and that my support would be appreciated, she also let me know of the corporate package that they offer for that game - tour of the stadium, meal and wine before the game, box for the game with tea/coffe etc and use of the facilities afterwards. Not something i'd have usually done if im honest but im now considering getting a group of people together to do this, just to show my support and appreciation of the improvements in the commercial team.

Well done Darlington FC.

SteveSC

Re: VERY impressed with the club this morning.....

Post by SteveSC » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:23 am

It's little things - like returning calls and answering questions - that can have a huge impact on how people think of the club - I think its called customer service.

Hope it continues

RH79

Post by RH79 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:17 am

A step in the right direction. Could the club finally be starting to understand the importance of customer care/service?
Last edited by RH79 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

darlomilo

Post by darlomilo » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:19 am

Thats all possitive stuff and simple stuff that has been generally over looked by previous regimes hopefully this will bode well for the future and help start building bridges with the town again.

Darlo_Chris

Post by Darlo_Chris » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:26 am

Yeah exactly, its all positive stuff coming from the commercial department and lets hope it continues because its certainly an area that the club have failed in, in the past. When i used to contact the club in the past about opportunitues that have never been explored by them, i hardly ever got a reply.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:08 am

To be fair Christine Balford has made a genuine effort I think she had a meeting with a group of supporters last season to discuss some issues.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:17 am

Excellent stuff Divas.

This new age of service quality poses me with a unique problem for the new academic year: I teach customer relations and always use DFC as an example of poor practice. Guess it's back to the N-Power examples again :D

Duffelcoatman

Post by Duffelcoatman » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:57 am

Good to hear positive experiences, it is always easier to pull the club up for the things they do badly. Good shout from divas to share the good stuff. :thumbup:
@hobartpaving76 on twitter

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:54 pm

Sounds like the club could teach the Administrators a thing or two.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.