We can still win the league.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

QUAKERMAN2
Team Supported: Darlington

We can still win the league.

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:03 pm

Obviously if we win our remaining 7 games then fine but may be asking too much.Our only other chance depends on our friends up the road holding Salford this Saturday. If Spenny beat them which they are well capable of doing the way they are playing, then we can afford to lose 1 game and win the rest to finish top. If Spenny hold them to a draw, then we can afforf to only draw 1 game and win the rest to finish top. Our toughest game is away to Northwich which is a massive game for us now and will not be the end of the world if we come away with a draw, but if we can beat them we are well capable of winning the remaining 6.I fancy us to win our home games against Droylsden, Mossley and New Mills and we are capable of winning the 3 other away games at Scarborough, Lancaster and Warrington. Never thought I would say it but come on Spenny, we still have a good chance of doing this.Glass half full time.

AndyPark

Re: We can still win the league.

Post by AndyPark » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:32 pm

If Spenny beat Salford, then this puts them right in the title race,

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:46 pm

AndyPark wrote:If Spenny beat Salford, then this puts them right in the title race,
Yes but that's my point, IF Spenny beat Salford we can afford to lose 1 game and win the rest to finish top, Spenny could not overtake us with our goal difference being so good.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:50 pm

I think this 7 out of 7 talk is dangerous stuff. There is nothing in recent form to suggest that this will be achieved. The best we can do is keep on their coat tails so the game tomorrow must go ahead.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:35 pm

Take each game as it comes. But on our day, we can beat anyone in this league.

We need the players to be at their best tomorrow. Haway lads.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:37 pm

princes town wrote:I think this 7 out of 7 talk is dangerous stuff. There is nothing in recent form to suggest that this will be achieved. The best we can do is keep on their coat tails so the game tomorrow must go ahead.
Yes but a lot of people have thrown the towel in on us finishing top, to win every game is a helluva difficult task BUT can be done. My main point is, that we may not need to win every game because I still think Spenny will at least draw with them on Saturday so if we can get something from Northwich it is still wide open.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:18 pm

Ron, I do hope you're right because if we don't go up then I feel sorry for poor Pat - the black moods she'll have to put up with.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:59 pm

Darlo being Darlo, we can lose to any team when it's not our day.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:04 am

Don't forget that Spenny will now have four games in ten days I believe (maybe) so might opt to rest players for the Salford game, which they are underdogs in, to concentrate on the other games to consolidate their play-off bid. Therefore doing us no favours at all. Just a thought.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:09 am

MikeinBlack2 wrote:Don't forget that Spenny will now have four games in ten days I believe (maybe) so might opt to rest players for the Salford game, which they are underdogs in, to concentrate on the other games to consolidate their play-off bid. Therefore doing us no favours at all. Just a thought.
I think Spenny will think they can win automatic with a win at Salford and rest players for the less difficult games.

billyb

Post by billyb » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:49 am

Our target at the beginning of the season was the play-offs, I will settle for that, (as you know, I follow Spennymoor).

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:18 am

billyb wrote:Our target at the beginning of the season was the play-offs, I will settle for that, (as you know, I follow Spennymoor).
Our target was/is two promotions in three seasons. This is our third season and we've had one promotion - so if we fail to be promoted this season we (Martin Gray) will have failed to achieve the targets set by the Board.

Edit: Just read the post properly realising that Billy is a Spenny fan lol.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Darlo_Manc

Post by Darlo_Manc » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:34 am

Things were looking good on about 85mins of the Prescot v Salford game. It was 0-0 plus Salford had to go to Scarborough on Saturday but they managed to negotiate that.

Seven straight wins is definitely possible, one game at a time and a run of form has to start somewhere, other clichés like that.