Scarborough away.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Scarborough away.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:50 pm

Hopefully we'll have a fantastic turn out of fans at least equal to what we took to Salford at Scarborough on Easter Monday. Hopefully the supporters club will have at least a couple of coaches going to the game?

BlackandwhiteBOB

Re: Scarborough away.

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:56 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Hopefully we'll have a fantastic turn out of fans at least equal to what we took to Salford at Scarborough on Easter Monday. Hopefully the supporters club will have at least a couple of coaches going to the game?
If we can get a win on Saturday then realistically could be looking at 800-1000 darlo at Scarborough on Monday. My hotel has been booked for months.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:33 pm

I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully we can push on now :)

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:45 pm

I'd be disappointed if we don't have a 1000 make the trip. Even if Bridlington is a pig of a place to get too.

olrad

Post by olrad » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:47 am

i'd be even more disappointed if we take more to Scarborough than we do to bishop on Saturday, and i'm really hoping that the neanderthals dont fancy a jolly on bank holiday weekend to embarrass us at either game.

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:10 am

TRAVEL OPTION:
How to get there?

Queensgate, Bridlington, East Yorkshire, YO16 7LN

By bus

Fans travelling to Bridlington have a cheap option available to them to take the sting out of travelling a 36-mile round trip.

Courtesy of Shoreline Suncruisers, and in association with the Co-Operative who provide sponsorship, the Boro Bus travels to every home game, whether on Saturday or Tuesday.

A return fare on the bus costs just £3.

On Saturdays the bus leaves at 1.30pm from Scarborough Train Station, and stops at Seamer Road Honda Garage, Crossgates, Westway Shops, The Star Inn Cayton and then onto Bridlington.

On Tuesdays the bus takes the exact same route and leaves at 6.30pm.

The bus will leave as soon as the game finishes and all who made the outbound journey are accounted for. The bus will stay if extra-time or penalties are required.

Malton Seadog
Team Supported: Scarborough Athletic

Post by Malton Seadog » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:28 am

Please bear in mind that the Boro Bus is usually full for big games like this, so a place on it is by no means guaranteed. In fact, I definitely wouldn't see it as a viable option for away fans. Much safer to jump on the train or East Yorkshire bus (in the direction of Hull) if you're not driving it. Safer in terms of actually getting to the game, I mean, not anything more sinister.

Would be great to see 1,000 Darlo fans at Brid on Monday. Our record attendance is 1,002 since reforming. Got a feeling we'll smash that this coming weekend.

Have a safe journey. As we're so nice, we'll probably let you leave with 3 points like we did with Salford. Sorry about that, by the way. We started really well, but they were too clinical.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:27 am

Malton Seadog wrote:As we're so nice, we'll probably let you leave with 3 points like we did with Salford. Sorry about that, by the way. We started really well, but they were too clinical.
Went along to watch that game, Salford just too well organised for Scarborough to break down once they had got back into the game. The left winger for you looked useful though. Also missed your goal as I was pigging out getting some scran at the time :(

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:03 pm

I'm going to Scarborough for the weekend with the little one. Not sure she's happy with a trip to the football but I'm sure a weekend at the seaside will swing it for her.
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.
What about Steve Backley?

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:58 pm

olrad wrote:i'd be even more disappointed if we take more to Scarborough than we do to bishop on Saturday, and i'm really hoping that the neanderthals dont fancy a jolly on bank holiday weekend to embarrass us at either game.
At the FA Trophy game they had a few idiots about as well but the cops were there to keep it in check.They were not Boro fans,just from outside coming to try and cause trouble I think.

Most Darlo fans just laughed at them but if our nutters turn up it could be quite different.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Monday's game is now massive, can't wait for the game as couldn't make today. I'm expecting a very good following from Darlo, especially as the weather forecast is very good.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:02 pm

Every game is now massive. This doesn't need restating after each game.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:29 pm

With our away support, the last 3 games will feel more like home games for the players.

ian_brown
Team Supported: Fulchester United

Post by ian_brown » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:37 pm

What's the deal with Scarborough as a team on the field? League position suggests it'll be difficult for sure but they've hit some poor form of late. Injuries playing a part? Or just bad luck??

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:48 pm

I think it's pretty clear now that we'll have to win all our remaining games to take the title. No-one will do us any favours and Salford will defo win all four remaining with the head of steam they've got going and the crap they have to play. Today was our best chance but obviously Spenny bottled it. Hopefully it's heartening that Scarboro nearly lost to Prescott, who were one of the worst teams we've played recently. I reckon our fans will also have a major part to play in getting us over the finishing line.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:20 pm

Salford have to play at Radcliffe Borough on Monday and they're fighting for their lives at avoid relegation.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:29 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I think it's pretty clear now that we'll have to win all our remaining games to take the title. No-one will do us any favours and Salford will defo win all four remaining with the head of steam they've got going and the crap they have to play. Today was our best chance but obviously Spenny bottled it. Hopefully it's heartening that Scarboro nearly lost to Prescott, who were one of the worst teams we've played recently. I reckon our fans will also have a major part to play in getting us over the finishing line.
Why did Spenny obviously bottle it - they lost to the league leaders,who beat us twice this season. The result was as expected.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:38 pm

Forget Salford, we've now won 4 on the bounce, confidence is back, im confident this team can get the 5 wins needed. First half today they played Droylsden off the park. Scarborough wont be easy but with a very good away following we can come back with the 3 points and move onto Mossley

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:29 pm

Taken a chance(probs at work a possibility) and booked my train tickets for Brid via Sheffield,taking my youngest,hope for the same as Trophy match..... ;) 0-1 will do!

Mission Impossible

Post by Mission Impossible » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:11 pm

Unfortunately I can't make the game. Will there be a commentary?

Good luck to the team - I hear they are staying in the area tonight.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:00 am

Yes I heard Ray say on Saturday that there would be commentary on Monday for those fans that couldn't make it. I've got 5 in my car, 2 of them don't know they're even going, haha.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:32 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Yes I heard Ray say on Saturday that there would be commentary on Monday for those fans that couldn't make it. I've got 5 in my car, 2 of them don't know they're even going, haha.
Sounds like you're going to kidnap them.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:51 am

The car is broken. And I can't fix it myself, so I resigned myself to not going. But I e woken up this morning as eager as a kid at Christmas to go. Struggling to justify the train fare thiugh as I don't know now much it'll cost to fix the car. It's a quandary. I don't want to miss what i think will be a great day for the club.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:27 am

For Spyman's benefit - I'd just like to say that THIS GAME IS NOW MASSIVE.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:55 am

Now sulking as I've decided we're not going. Twitter updates it is then. Come on Darlo.

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:20 am

For those that went earlier in the season, what's the parking situation like near their ground?

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:44 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:For Spyman's benefit - I'd just like to say that THIS GAME IS NOW MASSIVE.
I have to agree, this is massive today.......

Then the next one will also be massive and so on

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:58 am

comeondarlo wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:For Spyman's benefit - I'd just like to say that THIS GAME IS NOW MASSIVE.
I have to agree, this is massive today.......

Then the next one will also be massive and so on
I agree. They're all massive games. Thanks for the reminder.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

ron-harbertson-hero

Post by ron-harbertson-hero » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:02 pm

Sitting in my hotel room overlooking the Himalayas I am as far away as possible from the game I possibly can. Having been at St.Neots, Salford away and Nantwich at home I am keeping well away. Hopefully I will be able to listen to Andrew/Ray on shoutcast,we are six hours ahead here in Bhutan and so I will be able tune in after dinner without annoying the wife too much.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:06 pm

You're six hours ahead? Do we win today?