One more fan!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

One more fan!

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:47 am

Good news. Took my 7 year old boy to his first match on Saturday v Droylsden and he said he loved it and wants to go back. I did say that we don't always score 5 but anyway, another one for the future, like my father and grandfather before me. In fact, my late grandfather used to watch us in the 2 nd division in the 1920s and worshipped the Hooper brothers.

Makka Pakka

Re: One more fan!

Post by Makka Pakka » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:21 am

Bill Hooper got 81 goals at close to a goal every other game, Mark got 43 in 124.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:39 pm

Were you the bloke in the orange jacket? Everytime the little lad clapped, we scored?!

If so, I'm glad the little en enjoyed himself :)

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:47 pm

I was just in front of the shed against the railings near Big Tim. He had an orange jacket on.
He had his Darlo top on today and some plastic Premiership fans were goading him at a party, so I've been teaching him replies such as 'at least I go to the games'.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:26 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:I was just in front of the shed against the railings near Big Tim. He had an orange jacket on.
He had his Darlo top on today and some plastic Premiership fans were goading him at a party, so I've been teaching him replies such as 'at least I go to the games'.
'Armchair fan' is a typical one.

I used to use I've been to Old Trafford more than you

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:06 pm

Any other responses which I could use would be gratefully received.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:36 pm

Adam, you must find out what has happened to Grimsby Quaker (Nick), not under the thumb after all these years surely, tell him to stand up to her, refuse to make the beds , ironing, dusting, hoovering and get himself up to watch the lads.Getting worried about him.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:06 pm

He just drinks cups of tea all day in his kitchen and listens to foreign radio. I think Darlington's treatment by the FA and subsequent fall from grace has affected him more than he makes out. We need to pip Salford to the title to give him a bit of a lift.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:16 pm

Ron, Vic is right. It has hit me hard. Still tune in on here for match updates. When we return to town I will be more of a regular. Could do with being clunked on the head and waking up after we're promoted as my nerves are getting shredded. My housework activities are still at the level of previous years so no worries there. We seem to play some decent stuff looking at the video highlights. Great bunch of lads, much more so than some of the showers of s*** we had in league days. I think if we can crack this division then the next two will be easier to recruit better players for and we can then get back to the Conference...let it out

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:16 pm

"there's only one rule in football, you support where your from or where your parents are from. Your long lost grandad who conveniently supported top four prem side can go fuck himself" normally does the trick.