New Mills v Spennymoor

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakerste
Team Supported: Darlington

New Mills v Spennymoor

Post by quakerste » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:15 pm

Currently 1-1. Spennymoor went 1 up then conceded a penalty with the goalkeeper sent off. Outfield player has gone into goal.

quakerste

Re: New Mills v Spennymoor

Post by quakerste » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:22 pm

Spennymoor now losing 2-1.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:23 pm

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:24 pm

Tait has just missed a penalty.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:43 pm

Think Spenny are doing there usual end of season not wanting promotion must like this league now

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:53 pm

If Spennymoor lose tonight we would be guaranteed at worst third place.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:59 pm

quakerste wrote:If Spennymoor lose tonight we would be guaranteed at worst third place.

... seems the bookies have given up on the rest ..... :lol:

https://m.oddschecker.com/t/football/en ... rth/winner

... Looking at the "pie chart" .... :lol: looks like the chuckle bruvers make up their portion of the full betting and all betting Darlo fans make up ours ....

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:02 pm

2-2 now.

Spenny are giving Mossley every reason to fight to the end on Saturday.

Also the way it's going if we did slip to 2nd it could well be v Spenny the way it's going. Bamber Bridge v Spennymoor this Sat is a big game for those 2.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:03 pm

3-2 Spenny now. Done well to turn it round.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Good to see that they've called us "Darlington" rather than "Darlington 1883"

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:13 pm

For once I hope Spenny win tonight as they will go 4th and keeps Mossley further away from the play offs.If we fail to land the title and finish 2nd, would much prefer to be playing Bamber Bridge anyway.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:34 pm

We Darlington will be champions,positivity come on lads positivity,stay focused.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:39 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:For once I hope Spenny win tonight as they will go 4th and keeps Mossley further away from the play offs.If we fail to land the title and finish 2nd, would much prefer to be playing Bamber Bridge anyway.
Agree with this. It might just deflate Mossley a bit. And IF we happen to finish 2nd then I'd rather play Bamber Bridge. I'm hoping it doesn't come to this

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm

Went to the game tonight....Spenny awful first half much better second but New Mills had a number of players missing,midfielder playing at CB....a lad playing up front played against my lads team at U17s earlier this season too!

Not that impressed with Spenny I must say,small team and lack pace at the back.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Warrington now 12pts off with 15 to play for, looks like they'll have nothing to play for by the time we go down there
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

northernlad73
Team Supported: Spennymoor Town FC

Post by northernlad73 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:08 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:Went to the game tonight....Spenny awful first half much better second but New Mills had a number of players missing,midfielder playing at CB....a lad playing up front played against my lads team at U17s earlier this season too!

Spenny had a midfielder playing in goal for 75 minutes while also being down to 10 men or didn't you notice that? To win 3-2 with 10 men is a cracking result considering we had lost the previous two games with 11 men.
Unbelievable Jeff!!

magic1

Post by magic1 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:20 pm

Report in the echo suggests their keeper may miss the play offs depending on the refs report......

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:35 pm

northernlad73 wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:Went to the game tonight....Spenny awful first half much better second but New Mills had a number of players missing,midfielder playing at CB....a lad playing up front played against my lads team at U17s earlier this season too!

Spenny had a midfielder playing in goal for 75 minutes while also being down to 10 men or didn't you notice that? To win 3-2 with 10 men is a cracking result considering we had lost the previous two games with 11 men.
Of course I did.Good result but looking at your players I dont rate what I saw.My opinion on the individuals on show.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:37 am

quakersam wrote:Warrington now 12pts off with 15 to play for, looks like they'll have nothing to play for by the time we go down there
Yes, that postponement could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. With a bit of luck Spenny's result last night may leave Mossley feeling a little deflated at the gap between them and 5th place increasing to 6 points with only about 4 games left, Lancaster are already consigned to mid-table mediocrity, Warrington almost certainly will be by the time we play them, and New Mills will probably also know their fate before they visit HP on the last day of the season.

Just a little reminder of what happened when we played Mossley earlier in the season - Thommo scored his 50th goal for the club in that game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opei98J3ZZc

Click link for full highlights - copy and paste text for 60 seconds highlights.

COME ON DARLO!
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:58 am

D_F_C wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:For once I hope Spenny win tonight as they will go 4th and keeps Mossley further away from the play offs.If we fail to land the title and finish 2nd, would much prefer to be playing Bamber Bridge anyway.
Agree with this. It might just deflate Mossley a bit.
quakersam wrote:Warrington now 12pts off with 15 to play for, looks like they'll have nothing to play for by the time we go down there
Some people just don't get it. Teams all season have raised their games against us.

It'll be the same in these final four games, regardless of whether they have the play-offs to go for or not.

Clitheroe and Kendal had nothing to play for even a month or two ago and still turned us over.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:18 am

Darlogramps wrote:
D_F_C wrote:
Agree with this. It might just deflate Mossley a bit.
Some people just don't get it. Teams all season have raised their games against us.

It'll be the same in these final four games, regardless of whether they have the play-offs to go for or not.

Clitheroe and Kendal had nothing to play for even a month or two ago and still turned us over.
Agreed, also thinking like Sam; suggests that the game will be easier.

It won't, none of them will. We have four Cup Finals and that's the attitude we should go into each one of them. Thinking we are playing an easy game would lead to taking the foot off the pedal, we can't afford to do that.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:02 pm

There's something else to throw into the mix. Bamber Bridge play Spennymoor this weekend, so one of them, or both, have to drop points. A win for Mossley and they would potentially be 3 points behind with a game in hand.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:44 pm

They do have something to play for, the same that every other club in this league has - and that's the kudos of having Darlington as a scalp.

Throw their jug lugged, monkey faced, little squirt of a manager in to the mix - he can't stand us - and you have a club desperate to beat us, whether they can get in the play offs or not.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:08 pm

In an ideal world, we'll win the league, Spenny would win the play-offs and next season we'd have three cracking away days close by. It would also mean Salford miss out, which couldn't happen to a nicer manager and chairthing.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:35 pm

Won't make any difference but Warrington's Doodson cup final is on Thu 30th April, 8 days after we play them on the Tuesday night.

Only the next game is important though and we have to be up and ready for Mossley on Sat as I think this one will be a battle.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:53 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Won't make any difference but Warrington's Doodson cup final is on Thu 30th April, 8 days after we play them on the Tuesday night.

Only the next game is important though and we have to be up and ready for Mossley on Sat as I think this one will be a battle.
.... we can talk up all the other teams battling against us and pulling out all the stops til we're blue in the face, but at the end of the day, if we can't be up for it with a championship at stake .... then we might as well all give up.

Trust in our team folks .... this is no place for faint hearts ...