New Mills Game - All Ticket

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Robbie Painter
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New Mills Game - All Ticket

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:30 am

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
quakersam wrote:I'm not so sure Robbie, we nearly sold out the Team Northumbria game, we did sell out against Guisborough, did we have 18/1900 against Ramsbottom? At the end of the day the club have to be prepared one way or another. Dammed if they do damned if they don't.

And yes, if we win the next two then the title decider is the last game of the season, because one club finishes top, the other 2nd, simple as that.

Shut the f*** up whinging and let's win the next two, then we'll see how many really want to see us get promoted. If people are interested enough they'd go and get a ticket. Who knows, the club might reverse the decision in the days leading up to the game should ticket sales not be as fast as hoped

Well said Sam!

Just get behind the team or f*** off!
I think you'll find everyone is behind the team!

It's perfectly acceptable to question making the game all ticket, personally I believe it'll reduce ticket sales due to the added hassle factor. Given our lower attendances over the past 2 seasons there simply wasn't the need to make it all ticket.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:57 am

On the plus side, it will almost certainly put off any undesirable potential trouble makers from being bothered to organise themselves for the game, stopping adverse publicity.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:06 am

Rock and a hard place for the club.

If they don't do all ticket and it becomes the championship decider then more people would turn up if it wasn't all ticket. Now we all know the ground can hold more than 2k, however if an incident occured it's on the clubs head how many they let in. We have had close to 2k each time it's been a big game and all ticket, I could imagine without the all ticket you may get more come along.

If they make the decision after the Warrington game then no time to help out/resolve for exiles.

Order online via paypal/CC/Debit Card would obviously be better for exiles and some who don't have the time to make it to Darlington, however reasons have been given for this.

All in all not perfect but you can see the club have made a good effort to help everyone as much as possible, let's just get on with it.

We need to win our next 2 games or they won't be an issue anyhow.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:31 am

MikeinBlack2 wrote:On the plus side, it will almost certainly put off any undesirable potential trouble makers from being bothered to organise themselves for the game, stopping adverse publicity.

Think this is probably the best argument for making it all ticket, whether we reach capacity or not. :roll:

Beano

Post by Beano » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:37 am

Even as an exile, I can see why this makes complete sense.

The decision has been made as early as possible to allow everyone an appropriate time to acquire a ticket and prevents last minute bedlam and confusion.

I don't see the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bga

Post by bga » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:45 am

Right decision by Club in my view for all the reasons stated earlier by others..............even though as an exile living xxx miles away, and having supported Darlo for xx years it will make getting a ticket a little more difficult for me!

Darlo_Manc

Post by Darlo_Manc » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:35 pm

MikeinBlack2 wrote:On the plus side, it will almost certainly put off any undesirable potential trouble makers from being bothered to organise themselves for the game, stopping adverse publicity.
If the club is aware of the identities of trouble makers who've attended games this season I presume this being all ticket means they could deny them entry which is a good thing.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:50 pm

Darlo_Manc wrote:
If the club is aware of the identities of trouble makers who've attended games this season I presume this being all ticket means they could deny them entry which is a good thing.
What difference would being all ticket make?

They don't have to purchase the tickets themselves do they.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Darlo_Manc

Post by Darlo_Manc » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:27 pm

Ingleby wrote:
Darlo_Manc wrote:
What difference would being all ticket make?

They don't have to purchase the tickets themselves do they.
True but still sends a message if they try and are denied.

magic1

Post by magic1 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:21 pm

I've just got my tickets for the game for myself and my two boys. However, I was told that I didn't need a ticket for my 4 year old as they are free so can just walk in. I thought the idea of having games all ticket is so that they can control the volume of people? Granted there won't be hundred's of under 5's going to the game but say all the tickets were sold, would we not be over capacity by allowing the under 5's in as well?

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:38 am

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:41 am

makes perfect sense. Hopefully details for the Spenny game will be sorted before the weekend allowing tickets to be sold on Saturday

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:17 pm

Some commonsense at last. The attendnace would have been affected if it had remained all-ticket, given that that the game is in effect no consequence. I'd expect Gray to rest some of our key players, given that we'll have 3 games in a week.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:37 pm

I hope he doesn't rest anyone. We need our best team playing. Boost confidence even higher.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:43 pm

AndyPark wrote:I hope he doesn't rest anyone. We need our best team playing. Boost confidence even higher.
But what if somebody gets injured on Saturday? It won't look a good decision then.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:47 pm

What happens if game is postponed not a good forecast for saturday

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:00 pm

From official Darlington FC website:

Due to the Club not being able to gain automatic promotion following the draws at Lancaster and Warrington, the New Mills game on Saturday is now not an all-ticket game. Tickets already bought can obviously be used at the turnstiles to gain admission to the ground on Saturday.

The EvoStik League has issued clubs in the play offs with strict admission procedures. There is a requirement to formally liaise with the opposition team before any ticketing information can be released. Darlington Football Club have arranged these discussions with officials from Spennymoor Town and information will be released as soon as details are confirmed.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:10 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
AndyPark wrote:I hope he doesn't rest anyone. We need our best team playing. Boost confidence even higher.
But what if somebody gets injured on Saturday? It won't look a good decision then.
And what if we play badly and get a poor result?

Then we lose momentum heading into the play-offs, which is exactly what happened last year.

The disruption in the team after the Salford defeat in January was one of the reasons we went to pot in the weeks after.

We're on a good run - don't disrupt a team in form.

And injuries can happen at any time in any match. Don't see why it's such a big issue now.

You can't base gameplans on a hypothetical "what if someone gets injured."
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:16 pm

I fully expect Gray to make some changes on Saturday. Hunter certainly won't be risked after pulling out last night and I can see Bell starting as well as Weldon and Motta. It won't be a youth team but I think there will be some tinkering.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:20 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

Then we lose momentum heading into the play-offs, which is exactly what happened last year.

The disruption in the team after the Salford defeat in January was one of the reasons we went to pot in the weeks after.

And injuries can happen at any time in any match. Don't see why it's such a big issue now.

This is palpable nonsense. The game against New Mills should be treated like a Durham County cup game. In fact imagine it was a DCC game, no one would be calling for a full first team to be put out in case we lost "momentum" for the next league game.

We didn't lose momentum/intensity last season because of our final league match, we lost it because after we got beat by Curzon for the last month of the season we had nothing to play for (playoffs were a certainty), a regular side wasn't picked, we were disrupted by injuries and bar Farsley we didn't have any top teams to play.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:23 pm

I'd be tempted to give Portas and Armstrong a bit of a rest as I think they are absolutely key to our hopes in the playoffs, and give Bell a run out too, but apart from that I'd leave it at full strength. It will be interesting to see what Gray does

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:30 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

This is palpable nonsense. The game against New Mills should be treated like a Durham County cup game. In fact imagine it was a DCC game, no one would be calling for a full first team to be put out in case we lost "momentum" for the next league game.

We didn't lose momentum/intensity last season because of our final league match, we lost it because after we got beat by Curzon for the last month of the season we had nothing to play for (playoffs were a certainty), a regular side wasn't picked, we were disrupted by injuries and bar Farsley we didn't have any top teams to play.
Not nonsense - it's a difference of opinion, deal with it.

Losing to Burscough four days before the Ramsbottom game last season did not help. Granted there were other factors in play, but I haven't said otherwise.

Saying it should be treated like a DCC game is wrong IMO. It encourages players to switch off a few days before the biggest game of our season.

It should be treated as a chance to win and build confidence after two frustrating draws, rather than an inconvenience.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:43 pm

MG is damned either way, if he rests players and we lose then he will be accused of letting their concentration slip etc if he plays them and we lose then he will be accused of the players been tired and should have rested them.

In my mind, rest the injury doubts i.e. Hunter/Watson and any others, play Bell to get game time and also make sure Mota gets a lot of match time as he needs it.

So my team would be

Bell
Brown White Hatch Galbraith
Mitchell Scott Portas Thompson
Armstrong Cartman

Bring on Mota 2nd Half and maybe Weldon for 20 mins, rest the others i.e. Dowson/Hunter/Watson and run a couple of U18's out

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:20 pm

Weldon, Mota, Hatch, Bell, Cocks and Lovegreen should all start if fit for different reasons. Hunter probably needs another week after last night. I suspect the changes will be more radical than even this. WE certainly need to play the game properly but we also need to keep the players fresh.

The Golden Hairclip

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:28 pm

I wouldn't risk Bell. We need him for the final. Making sure he stays fit and injury free is more important than game time.

shawry

Post by shawry » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:17 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Some commonsense at last.
Can I ask what you mean by this bit Pete?

I thought the way the club has dealt with everything regarding the last game of the season has been done as best as it could, and the correct decisions have been made?

Maybe you should have said "Even more commonsense by the club" ?

Beano

New Mills Game - All Ticket

Post by Beano » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:59 pm

We have nothing to prove against New Mills, so why risk injury and fatigue against Spennymoor only 3 or 4 days later?!

I'd rest every single player possible, starting those with clearly tired or carrying injuries.

stigma

Post by stigma » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:02 pm

https://www.facebook.com/QuakerRetail
QR not opening this evening.
My Early Bird cheque will be in the post, then.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:51 pm

shawry wrote:

I thought the way the club has dealt with everything regarding the last game of the season has been done as best as it could, and the correct decisions have been made?

Because it was always the right decision to make this game not all ticket. As once we had drawn at Lancaster and handed the initiative to Salford, we were never going to get a crowd approaching 2000. If the game had been left all-ticket, then we definitely would have had a sub 1000 crowd, for what is a game that may well see some of our fringe players start the game against New Mills.

charlie

Post by charlie » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:32 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
shawry wrote:

Because it was always the right decision to make this game not all ticket. As once we had drawn at Lancaster and handed the initiative to Salford, we were never going to get a crowd approaching 2000. If the game had been left all-ticket, then we definitely would have had a sub 1000 crowd, for what is a game that may well see some of our fringe players start the game against New Mills.
No I'm sorry it wasn't always the right decision, if we'd been chasing the title on Saturday it was the best decision made to be all ticket. These things don't just happen overnight and the club had to be prepared just in case. As it happens the club has also made the correct decision in now given the scenario were facing not to make it all ticket.
Use some common sense for once in your life