New Mills Game - All Ticket

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Bogratsteve
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:57 pm

charlie

Re: New Mills Game - All Ticket

Post by charlie » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:08 pm

Please don't copy n paste from the Official Site, sponsorships require hits on the website so a link is the way to go thanks x

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:14 pm

Not sure what to think of this game being made all-ticket just yet.

Need to concentrate of winning the next games first.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:15 pm

People would have complained anyway had it not been sorted in advance, can't win
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:17 pm

Can't see us getting 2,000 even if we win our next 2.
Makes no sense.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:18 pm

There would have been no time to sort it after the Warrington game so it was now or never.

It's a lot easier to reverse the decision if necessary.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:19 pm

I can see where they have come from it, least the tickets aren't on sale till Monday.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:46 pm

Will get mine next wed regardless of results

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:07 pm

The club really needs to sort out issues with paypal, debit and credit cards, as it will affect the numbers of people buying tickets. It's good that people are giving up their time to sell tickets next Wednesday evening.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:16 pm

charlie wrote:Please don't copy n paste from the Official Site, sponsorships require hits on the website so a link is the way to go thanks x
Fair enough

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:39 pm

"Due to the likelihood of the league title being decided on the final day"---------
I hope to hell this isn't tempting fate.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:42 pm

Very disappointing decision.

Disagree with the board's assertion that a sell out should be expected for a title decider, especially if we slip up in either of the next two matches (as there is no way Salford won't collect 3 points at home to Ossett Town on last day of season & therefore not really a title decider).

The most Darlo fans we've had through the gate all season is 1300 maximum. I don't see another 700 suddenly rocking up for the last game. We barely sold out our Northern League title games & interest has significantly dropped since then.

Then there is the hassle factor of every (non season ticket holding) fan having to go to the club shop, only taking cash & no online sales.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:49 pm

I'm not so sure Robbie, we nearly sold out the Team Northumbria game, we did sell out against Guisborough, did we have 18/1900 against Ramsbottom? At the end of the day the club have to be prepared one way or another. Dammed if they do damned if they don't.

And yes, if we win the next two then the title decider is the last game of the season, because one club finishes top, the other 2nd, simple as that.

Shut the f*** up whinging and let's win the next two, then we'll see how many really want to see us get promoted. If people are interested enough they'd go and get a ticket. Who knows, the club might reverse the decision in the days leading up to the game should ticket sales not be as fast as hoped

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:57 pm

quakersam wrote:I'm not so sure Robbie, we nearly sold out the Team Northumbria game, we did sell out against Guisborough, did we have 18/1900 against Ramsbottom? At the end of the day the club have to be prepared one way or another. Dammed if they do damned if they don't.

And yes, if we win the next two then the title decider is the last game of the season, because one club finishes top, the other 2nd, simple as that.

Shut the f*** up whinging and let's win the next two, then we'll see how many really want to see us get promoted. If people are interested enough they'd go and get a ticket. Who knows, the club might reverse the decision in the days leading up to the game should ticket sales not be as fast as hoped

Well said Sam!

Just get behind the team or f*** off!

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:02 pm

1,637 is our highest this season, get 6 points out of the next 2 games then we will see a big increase in the gate come New Mills, all the 1 game a season fans who turn up when theres something at stake will turn out like they did for Team Northumbria, Guisborough and Ramsbottom aswell as Bishop Auckland

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:21 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:The club really needs to sort out issues with paypal, debit and credit cards, as it will affect the numbers of people buying tickets. It's good that people are giving up their time to sell tickets next Wednesday evening.
You think? It is a case of carrying a tenner to the next match you go to. If you want to buy remotely I am sure arrangements can be made to send via bank transfer.

If your only option for spending the tenner is to put it on a credit card then I would take it as a blessing that you can't pay for it as you have much more important things to spend your money on.

I suppose you did just say that it will affect the number of tickets. I suspect that this will probably prevent love it! from getting a ticket.

charlie

Post by charlie » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:27 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:The club really needs to sort out issues with paypal, debit and credit cards, as it will affect the numbers of people buying tickets. It's good that people are giving up their time to sell tickets next Wednesday evening.
Same reasons

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/imp ... dit-cards/

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:34 pm

I think it's an attempt to maximise revenue for the last home game in case we aren't in the running for the championship

charlie

Post by charlie » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:35 pm

What on earth makes you think that? The tickets don't go on sale till Monday

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:51 pm

All I will say it's boiled my piss!!!!!!!

Sat ont shitter

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:19 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:All I will say it's boiled my piss!!!!!!!

Sat ont shitter
Oh fuck off man, all you do on here is fucking whinge. Grow up!!

richymidd

Post by richymidd » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:38 pm

I have no problem in making this all ticket, it makes sense, the decision can be reversed as and when - but am I right in thinking I have to be in Darlo or Bish to go and buy a ticket in person, in cash? I'm already driving 3 h to Lancaster on Saturday, 2 to Warrington next week, I really don't need another 3h drive for a ticket, on top of then getting there to see the game again. There is a limit!

Any news on a mechanism for exiles to be involved here?

richymidd

Post by richymidd » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:40 pm

Ok, just seen the other thread......

charlie

Post by charlie » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:40 pm

richymidd wrote:I have no problem in making this all ticket, it makes sense, the decision can be reversed as and when - but am I right in thinking I have to be in Darlo or Bish to go and buy a ticket in person, in cash? I'm already driving 3 h to Lancaster on Saturday, 2 to Warrington next week, I really don't need another 3h drive for a ticket, on top of then getting there to see the game again. There is a limit!

Any news on a mechanism for exiles to be involved here?

Do you have Tony Waters on twitter as he's offering to help out exiles

richymidd

Post by richymidd » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:47 pm

I don't but sure I can find him, divas also offering. #darloarmy!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:47 pm

quakersam wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:All I will say it's boiled my piss!!!!!!!

Sat ont shitter
Oh fuck off man, all you do on here is fucking whinge. Grow up!!
fuck off u prick, where do you live a couple of miles away???? I've supported Darlo for 25years probably you were still swimming in the womb... Knobhead

Sat ont shitter

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:51 pm

What is your problem? What I'm saying is totally true, you love a good whinge and that was a perfect example. So what if I live a few miles away, what relevance does that have? Wow, 25 years, I've supported the club for 10 years, again, no relevance to the argument. People are offering to help exiles out.

Something like this boils your piss, really?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:55 pm

quakersam wrote:What is your problem? What I'm saying is totally true, you love a good whinge and that was a perfect example. So what if I live a few miles away, what relevance does that have? Wow, 25 years, I've supported the club for 10 years, again, no relevance to the argument. People are offering to help exiles out.

Something like this boils your piss, really?
Happy people are helping out.....ImageImageImageImage so happy no whinge here...Happy happy happy...

Sat ont shitter

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:39 pm

I do love it when fans bring up how long they've supported the club.

It's as if they think because they've supported the club for a while, it makes them more important.

As Sam says, it rarely has any relevance.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:32 am

Don't understand people moaning about this. The board have to make preparations for these event in the anticipation of big crowds. Would you be even more pissed off if they turned round on Wednesday after we know the results at Lancaster and Warrington and suddenly told fans it was all ticket giving people 2 days to get tickets? Or would you be equally even more pissed off if you drove your long journey to find you couldn't get in to HP because it was at capacity. Even stranger you choose to moan when lots of our fans are offering to buy tickets for others to make sure no one misses out.

Never understood people throwing around how many years they've supported the club for.... what would you like? A medal? Do i get brownie points for supporting Darlo from 6,500 miles away? In which case I think I might win Darlo.

But on a positive note I would just like to thank the kind Darlo fan who offered and has agreed to buy my ticket and let me get it off them on the day really great to see the Darlo community helping each other out. Still hoping I make it for kick off from KL for a promotion party on the final day.

3 to go, come on darlo.