Play off confirmed for Wednesday - ticket details here

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Play off confirmed for Wednesday - ticket details here

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:00 pm

al_quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Play off confirmed for Wednesday - ticket details here

Post by al_quaker » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:33 pm

Disappointed that season ticket holders only get guaranteed their ticket tomorrow. I feel they should be guaranteed a ticket until Saturday. It's not that hard to have 2 separate piles of tickets. Apart from that it's reasonable. I am glad it's segregated as there is potential for trouble in big games like this.

Also, the league getting 25% of gate receipts is a bit cheeky I feel. 10% I can understand, but 25% seems over the top!

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:36 pm

Wonder how many tickets we've got to sell? Hopefully the absolute maximum we've given Spenny is 500, preferably 300/400.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Very comprehensive update.

Bet the league are rubbing their hands at that payday.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:45 pm

I don't think it is a bad plan to be honest. Restricting tickets to 2 per person is a sensible option.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:05 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:Wonder how many tickets we've got to sell? Hopefully the absolute maximum we've given Spenny is 500, preferably 300/400.
If they're behind the goal I can't see how we could have given them more than 300/400.

If the ground capacity is 2,000, then no way are 500 going behind the goal on just hard standing (the seats don't count in the capacity calculation)

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:32 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Robbie Painter wrote:Wonder how many tickets we've got to sell? Hopefully the absolute maximum we've given Spenny is 500, preferably 300/400.
If they're behind the goal I can't see how we could have given them more than 300/400.

If the ground capacity is 2,000, then no way are 500 going behind the goal on just hard standing (the seats don't count in the capacity calculation)
They'll have down the side where they come through the turnstiles as well I presume.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:34 pm

They will also have down the side by the entrance.

Beat me to it Robbie.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:55 pm

divas wrote:Very comprehensive update.

Bet the league are rubbing their hands at that payday.
They'll be trying to keep us in these leagues as long as possible. Why do they get 25% though?

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Season ticket holders should be able to buy before the game on Saturday. What about those poor sods who work, or don't live in Darlington?

I'm okay, but my dad and kate both fall into the other categories.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:24 pm

I'm not normally one to criticise these difficult arrangements but it does seem a very good & simple idea to have 2 piles of tickets on Saturday, one for season ticket holders and one general sale.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

princes town

Post by princes town » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:28 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:I'm not normally one to criticise these difficult arrangements but it does seem a very good & simple idea to have 2 piles of tickets on Saturday, one for season ticket holders and one general sale.
yep this might be a sensible revision to a tricky arrangement.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:33 pm

Hopefully this will be revised. I'm a season ticket holder travelled home and away bought two tickets in the 500 club but am unable to get down for tickets tomorrow due to work.

Will be slightly miffed if I miss next week's game due to this.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:33 pm

Hopefully this will be revised. I'm a season ticket holder travelled home and away bought two tickets in the 500 club but am unable to get down for tickets tomorrow due to work.

Will be slightly miffed if I miss next week's game due to this.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:52 pm

We're not going to sell 1500 odd tickets tomorrow are we lets face it. The club shop is open 3hrs, that's 500 an hour, over 8 a minute. Have a word
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

charlie

Post by charlie » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:40 pm

There's only a small amount of time between now and the game, I'm working twelve hours tomorrow myself and can't get to shop so in same position as others but personally can't see any other way they could of done it

Beano

Post by Beano » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:53 pm

The game is not going to sell out in 24 hours - it may not even sell out at all.

You'll have more than enough time to get a ticket, season ticket or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:07 pm

Beano wrote:The game is not going to sell out in 24 hours - it may not even sell out at all.

This game will defo's sell out. I'm afraid a lot of people will be disappointed.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:57 pm

quakersam wrote:We're not going to sell 1500 odd tickets tomorrow are we lets face it. The club shop is open 3hrs, that's 500 an hour, over 8 a minute. Have a word
Or more to the point, we only have around 500 people eligible to buy a ticket tomorrow anyway.

If someone really wants a ticket, they'll get one.

johnac52

Post by johnac52 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:09 am

I can't make BM today but have given my Season Ticket to a mate who, I hope, as well as getting his own, can get me a ticket today on production of my ST. Here's hoping!

princes town

Post by princes town » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:52 am

AndyPark wrote:
Beano wrote:The game is not going to sell out in 24 hours - it may not even sell out at all.

This game will defo's sell out. I'm afraid a lot of people will be disappointed.
I suspect your right but what can you do.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:42 am

If someone goes for a ticket and has your season ticket to show then you will get a ticket no problem, friend of mine had our four season tickets and did just that this morning,there was a queue building at 9-10 this morning and steady stream since tickets are going well let's hope it's a sellout. :thumbup:

feethams

Post by feethams » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:20 pm

Does anyone know if its standard procedure that we split the gate receipts with the visiting team in Play off games?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:29 pm

Can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be.

The comms from the club on the official website describes the split between the clubs and the league.

This is after costs. I don't know if they are but it feels reasonable for stewards to be paid on Wednesday. If they volunteer then the majority of their effort is to benefit Spennymoor and the league.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:32 pm

Whatever arrangements were made by the club, it would upset somebody. I'm afraid there are going to be quite a few disappointed fans. But the club has done the sensible thing and given everybody an opportunity to get tickets for next Wednesday.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:33 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Whatever arrangements were made by the club, it would upset somebody. I'm afraid there are going to be quite a few disappointed fans. But the club has done the sensible thing and given everybody an opportunity to get tickets for next Wednesday.
We have approx 1500 tickets to sell. We've had no more than 1400 Darlo fans at a home game this season. I'm sure anyone who really wants a ticket will get one.

princes town

Post by princes town » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:43 pm

It is a really difficult balance for the Board. The time available did not allow for any clever ideas. Personally, I would have tweaked the season ticket by an extra day and/or alternatively done a ticket stub exercise for the last 2 games. The latter great in hindsight. I've been persuaded rightly by a couple of correspondents on here that we 're never going to achieve an idealistic solution. Nor probably Spennymoor. If it is a sell out and I don't get a ticket, I'm happy to enough to say that the club are making plenty of dough and I'm just a bit unlucky. It makes me more determined to get a season ticket which I couldn't this season. However, I do know one or two who feel a bit put out by the prospect of missing their only game because of capacity and logistics. Season tickets frankly are the only fair lever we have for organising allocation. I also applaud the decision to restrict tickets to 2. Spennymoor I believe are allocating max 6 tickets per ST

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:29 pm

princes town wrote:Personally, I would have tweaked the season ticket by an extra day and/or alternatively done a ticket stub exercise for the last 2 games.
So in a league where it is pay on the gate and we don't actually produce tickets you would have tweaked the offering with a ticket stub exercise.

In effect what you are saying is that you would have made Mossley and New Mills at home both all ticket games back on the 11th April. This on the off chance that we might be at home in the playoff semi-final against Spennymoor?

Look they are on sale to ST holders today and then everyone at Heritage Park. If I was a season ticket holder I wouldn't waste time on going today as the game is not going to sell out today - so you will be able to get your ticket tomorrow.

3 what I think are realistic assumptions. Season Ticket holders will be in attendance tomorrow, the attendance tomorrow will be 1,200, most people will go to the semi-final with people they go to the game with anyway therefore only 1 in 3 will buy 2 tickets.

That means that after tomorrow if those assumptions hold true we will have sold 1,600 to Darlington fans. That might be a sell out, but I don't think anyone who goes to the game tomorrow will be disappointed.

princes town

Post by princes town » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:36 pm

lo36789 wrote:
princes town wrote:Personally, I would have tweaked the season ticket by an extra day and/or alternatively done a ticket stub exercise for the last 2 games.
So in a league where it is pay on the gate and we don't actually produce tickets you would have tweaked the offering with a ticket stub exercise.

In effect what you are saying is that you would have made Mossley and New Mills at home both all ticket games back on the 11th April. This on the off chance that we might be at home in the playoff semi-final against Spennymoor?
Nope, I would have given out tickets as fans paid through the turnstiles. Common practice.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:40 pm

but surely that then gives an unfair advantage to season ticket holders, if they are given a stub they can then buy 4 tickets and if they attended both games they could then buy 8 tickets?

And it also means once again that back on the 11th April you are predicting a play-off semi final, at home, against Spennymoor!

We could have been champions. We could have finished fourth. Spennymoor could have finished outside the playoffs.

That is not hindsight. That is predicting the bloomin' future.