Tickets

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

ian_brown
Team Supported: Fulchester United

Tickets

Post by ian_brown » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:16 am

Are there any left?

Bogratsteve
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tickets

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:21 am

Only a Few I understand, Shop opens at 10am, suggest you down there long before then if you want a chance to get 1

ian_brown
Team Supported: Fulchester United

Post by ian_brown » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:23 am

Bogratsteve wrote:Only a Few I understand, Shop opens at 10am, suggest you down there long before then if you want a chance to get 1
I've got mine but it's for my old man, will they do phone sales? Cause he's unable to get there for 10am...... :?

charlie

Post by charlie » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:03 am

ian_brown wrote:
Bogratsteve wrote:Only a Few I understand, Shop opens at 10am, suggest you down there long before then if you want a chance to get 1
I've got mine but it's for my old man, will they do phone sales? Cause he's unable to get there for 10am...... :?
No phone sales cash/cheque only as can't use card machine to accept payment

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:42 am

According to the echo sold out. I'm not exactly sure why some on here under-estimated the scale of demand. You can get one if you 'really' want one. It was bleeding obvious they would go.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:46 am

Who underestimated it? I think everyone knew this game was going to be a sell out.

Lets hope the people who missed will have another chance to watch us on Saturday, fingers crossed.

princes town

Post by princes town » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:02 am

[quote="Robbie Painter"]Who underestimated it? I think everyone knew this game was going to be a sell out.

Lets hope the people who missed will have another chance to watch us on Saturday, fingers crossed.[/qu
Fair enough. I stand corrected. Just got the impression there was a bit of complacency about numbers.apologies. Regardless what can you do without electronic ticketing.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:12 am

Pretty much the reason we had 1112 there for New Mills which was a nothing game, everyone knew demand would be huge for this game, thats why only 17 remained at full time

shawry

Post by shawry » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:31 am

Robbie Painter wrote:Who underestimated it? I think everyone knew this game was going to be a sell out.

Lets hope the people who missed will have another chance to watch us on Saturday, fingers crossed.
I thinking people were saying you would have more chance than just Saturday as it wouldn't see out right away

divas

Post by divas » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:56 am

princes town wrote:According to the echo sold out. I'm not exactly sure why some on here under-estimated the scale of demand. You can get one if you 'really' want one. It was bleeding obvious they would go.
And you could. If you could be arsed to get down to the ground on Saturday, you got sorted.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:02 am

Out of interest, does anyone know exactly how many we've given Spenny?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:10 am

Around 450 according to the echo

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:16 am

divas wrote:
princes town wrote:According to the echo sold out. I'm not exactly sure why some on here under-estimated the scale of demand. You can get one if you 'really' want one. It was bleeding obvious they would go.
And you could. If you could be arsed to get down to the ground on Saturday, you got sorted.
As Divas says if you really wanted one you could have arranged to get one.

- Call someone who attends the game and ask them to get you a ticket
- Call the clubs supporters group if you are a member and I am sure they would have helped
- Contact some of the helpful people on this forum who said they would help people get tickets
- Call a family member or friends who lives nearby. Pay for their match ticket for them to go in grab you one and turn around again - I know it is an extra cost, but if you really want one you'd do it.

Thing is princes town, when the tickets were announced you were out saying "well I hope it goes only to the die hard fans', as it transpires I suspect the vast majority who have tickets are those who attended Saturdays game (which was one of your pre-requisites) or are members of the Supporters Group - as they will have taken one of the steps above to get one.
princes town wrote:Regardless what can you do without electronic ticketing.
If this is happened then anyone could buy them which is what you were so keen to avoid.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:24 am

Obviously there are going to be disappointed people - that's what happens when you get a sell out. However, I think the way it was done was about as good as it could given the capacity and time constraints. It rewarded season ticket holders, and those who went to the final game, which will cover a decent amount of our core support, although of course made it tricky for exiles.

Roll on Wednesday...

princes town

Post by princes town » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:56 am

lo36789 wrote:
divas wrote:
As Divas says if you really wanted one you could have arranged to get one.

- Call someone who attends the game and ask them to get you a ticket
- Call the clubs supporters group if you are a member and I am sure they would have helped
- Contact some of the helpful people on this forum who said they would help people get tickets
- Call a family member or friends who lives nearby. Pay for their match ticket for them to go in grab you one and turn around again - I know it is an extra cost, but if you really want one you'd do it.

Thing is princes town, when the tickets were announced you were out saying "well I hope it goes only to the die hard fans', as it transpires I suspect the vast majority who have tickets are those who attended Saturdays game (which was one of your pre-requisites) or are members of the Supporters Group - as they will have taken one of the steps above to get one.
princes town wrote:Regardless what can you do without electronic ticketing.
If this is happened then anyone could buy them which is what you were so keen to avoid.
Fair points. I don't disagree with any of those ideas and pretty much did the latter but it may be spare now. It is never perfect and frankly has been a lot fairer than fa cup final stuff where tickets seem to get handed out to anybody. I've taken a pragmatic view on this.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:25 am

God knows what arrangements will be in place if we win On Wednesday, for next Saturday's game. I guess a free for all down at BM after ST holders have got a ticket.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:56 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:God knows what arrangements will be in place if we win On Wednesday, for next Saturday's game. I guess a free for all down at BM after ST holders have got a ticket.
Another reason why playing on a Wednesday seems like a strange choice. I guess Thursday may be ST only. Will BM only be open 10am-1pm on Thursday and Friday? Surely they must be planning to extend the opening times if we get to the final?

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:36 pm

wots the crack for Saturdays final assuming we get there??
I cant make it on weds so will I be unable to go if ive not been to the Spenny game??

divas

Post by divas » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:41 pm

No announcements made for people to keep stubs so it's very unlikely it'll matter if you've been to the semi-final.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:46 pm

If we make the final (if if if) then there will probably be more tickets available, as I doubt either Bamber Bridge or Northwich will bring as many as Spennymoor do. I'm sure there is a plan for selling them, but let's cross that bridge if we come to it.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:53 pm

divas wrote:No announcements made for people to keep stubs so it's very unlikely it'll matter if you've been to the semi-final.
Good point. Odd that.

Wouldn't have thought that season ticket holders would still get priority, makes more sense if you have ticket for the semi you can buy one for the final.

Of course to announce arrangements/plans before Wednesday's match comes across as a bit presumptuous!

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:18 pm

al_quaker wrote:Around 450 according to the echo
That seems very rich. Do they even get that at home?

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:19 pm

Id of thought the best way would be to keep hold of ticket stubs from Wednesday game, if we're to win, rewards the season ticket holders and the ones who turned up to New Mills which going by the attendance of 1112 is pretty much the die hards that have been turning up all season

davidcurrieclass

Post by davidcurrieclass » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:21 pm

last season was it planned to sell tickets for the final straight after the Ramsbottom semi if we'd won? for some reason I have it in my head that was the case.

Stu_1

Post by Stu_1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:22 pm

Can we not worry about this at 10pm on Wednesday night if we beat Spenny, dont want another post from Pete

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:42 pm

Stu_1 wrote:Can we not worry about this at 10pm on Wednesday night if we beat Spenny, dont want another post from Pete
This. As of right now, there is no game on Saturday. There's a pretty bloody important one on Wednesday night though.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:01 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:...

Wouldn't have thought that season ticket holders would still get priority, makes more sense if you have ticket for the semi you can buy one for the final.

Season ticket holders would get 2 tickets that way as they would :
1) have their season ticket
2) have a ticket stub from Wednesday night

Nothing to stop them passing stub onto a mate

Whatever way things are done some people will miss out, and some people will complain. Clubs are on a hiding to nothing

The time between the semi and final do not allow for ticket arrangements to be made sensibly. Especially when clubs at this level are largely run by volunteers.

I have been to the last 2 years Southern League Premier Division play offs. Both were on the bank holiday monday and both ended up with large numbers of people being locked out after ground capacity was reached.

The powers that be clearly do not appreciate the interest that play off games can muster and seem to plan the dates on the basis of the crowd being one man and his dog only.

Imagine if the play off final had been Darlo v Spennymoor and the club had only from the Wednesday to the Saturday to sort things out. At least there has been a week for this game

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:09 pm

Breedon wrote:
That seems very rich. Do they even get that at home?
They average 548, with a lowest of 408. I guess the figure they have is the minimum they are entitled to, according to the league.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:22 pm

that's about 447 to many ;-)

AND we have to split the gate with them AND the league!

Quaker Mod

Post by Quaker Mod » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:06 pm

davidcurrieclass wrote:last season was it planned to sell tickets for the final straight after the Ramsbottom semi if we'd won? for some reason I have it in my head that was the case.
I think you are right.