Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

joejaques
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Match Thread

Post by joejaques » Sat May 02, 2015 4:16 pm

Couldn't see the keyboard for the tears of joy. Brilliant, and not nearly so much arse twitching today. Thanks for the commentary. Are you back next season? If you need help with travel costs etc. I am sure there are plenty like me who would be happy to chip in a couple of quid to keep you online. :roll:

ambiente

Post by ambiente » Sat May 02, 2015 4:17 pm

Congratulations, well done all

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat May 02, 2015 4:20 pm

Fantastic for away games next season, Barwell, Stourbridge, Halesowen to name but three.
Two promotions in three years was the plan, bang on track.
We can't get to a lot of home matches but thanks to commentary feel part of this great club.

footifan

Post by footifan » Sat May 02, 2015 4:23 pm

GET IN :clap: every emotion today. heart racing butterflies , joy, pride, tears I need a beer.... Trust me I will have more than one... In Bandera Texas wearing a Darlo shirt with pride :thumbup:
Last edited by footifan on Sat May 02, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bizza
Team Supported: Darlo, Newcastle United

Post by Bizza » Sat May 02, 2015 4:27 pm

Get in Darlo! Definetly going to get myself to a few games next season. No point supporting NUFC theae days.
"The Darlo fans away to our left go ballistic!"

bishblues
Team Supported: bishop auckland

Post by bishblues » Sat May 02, 2015 4:31 pm

Well done Darlo Curzon won today so no reason why yoou cannot be competitive next season. All the best :D
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat May 02, 2015 5:00 pm

What a brilliant day just fantastic, that the original game of 2 halves
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Sat May 02, 2015 6:03 pm

poppyfield wrote:What a brilliant day just fantastic, that the original game of 2 halves
Yeah, 2nd best 1st half but so comfortable 2nd. Bit harsh to send their keeper off.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sat May 02, 2015 6:11 pm

Thought Cartman was MOM today, unlucky in the first half with the overhead kick. Scored one, made one and then unlucky again hitting the bar.
Plus his running off the ball was fantastic. If we can get someone to see his runs next season he will score loads for us.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat May 02, 2015 6:14 pm

They needed to get a goal when they were on top in the first half because after the turn-around there was only going to be one winner. It was heartening that the fans stuck by the players after the first half struggle and what a fantastic day it turned out to be. Credit to Brig as well, they play the game the right way and pushed us all the way but this was our day. Fan-fooking-tastic.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 02, 2015 6:23 pm

Brilliant performance today from everybody, absolutely delighted for Cartman in getting the first goal.

The Equalizer

Post by The Equalizer » Sat May 02, 2015 6:28 pm

Wind was a massive advantage. All of the back four but especially Hunter and White immense under the high ball when we were struggling to clear our lines. Second half we battered them for the first 20mins the difference was amazing. Game was comfortable after that. Fantastic effort to take the two promotions I'm three years

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 02, 2015 6:30 pm

We can win a big match in front of a big crowd, for once.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat May 02, 2015 6:31 pm

Cartman was class today. So too white, Hunter, galbraith. Overall team performance was pretty mugh spot on. Rode our luck in the first half, really played to our strengths in the second. They couldn't handle the aerial bombardment, and our set pieces were very good.

Very proud, seeeeriously happy.

Wainy247

Post by Wainy247 » Sat May 02, 2015 6:48 pm

Having kept them to 0-0 at half time was confident we would win with the wind at our backs for the second half. White, Hunter and Brown were immense in keeping them out.

Second half with the wind in our favour and fantastic support from the crowd there was only one outcome.

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Sat May 02, 2015 6:56 pm

Specially plsed for Bell - sat on the bench all season - comes in for a final and pulls off a great save (the one with his hands not his head) to keep us in it when Bamber were on top.

Henrys Cat
Team Supported: Bamber Bridge

Post by Henrys Cat » Sat May 02, 2015 7:09 pm

Fair play Darlo and congratulations on going up. We came and had a go and I thought we edged the firrst half and we all felt confident at half time. Don't know what they put in the half time orange juice but you hammered us in the 1st 20 minutes of the 2nd half and after the 2nd goal it was game over.

Absolute sickener to lose 2 play off finals in a row but with you and Salford out of the way, we'll be having a go at winning it next season. Good Look in the Prem. No doubt at all, the 2 best teams in the division went up. We were Once again unlucky 3rd !!

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat May 02, 2015 7:15 pm

Henrys Cat wrote:Fair play Darlo and congratulations on going up. We came and had a go and I thought we edged the firrst half and we all felt confident at half time. Don't know what they put in the half time orange juice but you hammered us in the 1st 20 minutes of the 2nd half and after the 2nd goal it was game over.

Absolute sickener to lose 2 play off finals in a row but with you and Salford out of the way, we'll be having a go at winning it next season. Good Look in the Prem. No doubt at all, the 2 best teams in the division went up. We were Once again unlucky 3rd !!
Appreciated, your time will come, this was our 5th attempt, you played good football 1st half, what happened was wind advantage & the gaffer going off on one at HT, happened a few times this season.

We stepped up a gear and cruised 2nd half tbh, as I say your time will come

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat May 02, 2015 7:26 pm

Henrys Cat wrote:Fair play Darlo and congratulations on going up. We came and had a go and I thought we edged the firrst half and we all felt confident at half time. Don't know what they put in the half time orange juice but you hammered us in the 1st 20 minutes of the 2nd half and after the 2nd goal it was game over.

You will be right up there with Spenny and Scarborough next year and I wish you well.

A decent club and you play good football.

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat May 02, 2015 7:33 pm

I thought you did what we did on Wednesday in the first half playing the conditions well, but you were unlucky not to get a goal. 2nd half we bossed mostly.

Bamber didn't let themselves down, and they play entertaining football, and I hope you go up next year

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 02, 2015 7:35 pm

Thought the ref was very good, kept a cool head and calmed down potential flashpoints. Thought the keeper was unlucky to be sent-off, but the game was already over by then.

Henrys Cat
Team Supported: Bamber Bridge

Post by Henrys Cat » Sat May 02, 2015 7:45 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Thought the ref was very good, kept a cool head and calmed down potential flashpoints. Thought the keeper was unlucky to be sent-off, but the game was already over by then.
We thought the ref was a bit of a homer, but we would i suppose. Booking to our right back Danny Mahoney seemed Harsh and the Lee Dovey sending half didn't seem neccessary at all bearing in mind the result wasn't in doubt at the time.

Fair play to the Darlo keeper who walked to the half way line to console our keeper as he trudged off. Touch of class there.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat May 02, 2015 7:47 pm

footifan wrote:GET IN :clap: every emotion today. heart racing butterflies , joy, pride, tears I need a beer.... Trust me I will have more than one... In Bandera Texas wearing a Darlo shirt with pride :thumbup:
Hi Chris, took us until the second half to get going but we were superb in the second half, totally controlled the game, Whitey, Chris Hunter and Nathan Cartman brilliant for us today, great scenes at the end and just opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate.Defeat would have been unthinkable so the way those lads dealt with that amount of pressure was awesome.The old ticker has taken some hammer this week but my god it was worth it, we are back in the ball game without doubt, 3 more promotions and we are back where we belong.Enjoy a good drink Chris.....Ron

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sat May 02, 2015 9:54 pm

Delighted we've managed to get over the line this year, the scenes at the end were amazing glad i managed to get a ticket!

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat May 02, 2015 10:40 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:Brilliant for the people of Darlington and most of all Darlo Real Ale Crew,the most loyal fans I have ever met and ive met a few!
DRAC Had a prematch warm up at the Snooker club beer festival, which will have helped to overcome the first half puzzlement with the Tactics.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat May 02, 2015 10:41 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
footifan wrote:GET IN :clap: every emotion today. heart racing butterflies , joy, pride, tears I need a beer.... Trust me I will have more than one... In Bandera Texas wearing a Darlo shirt with pride :thumbup:
Hi Chris, took us until the second half to get going but we were superb in the second half, totally controlled the game, Whitey, Chris Hunter and Nathan Cartman brilliant for us today, great scenes at the end and just opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate.Defeat would have been unthinkable so the way those lads dealt with that amount of pressure was awesome.The old ticker has taken some hammer this week but my god it was worth it, we are back in the ball game without doubt, 3 more promotions and we are back where we belong.Enjoy a good drink Chris.....Ron
Armstrong was superb. Hope his injury isnt too serious.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat May 02, 2015 10:46 pm

Henrys Cat wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Thought the ref was very good, kept a cool head and calmed down potential flashpoints. Thought the keeper was unlucky to be sent-off, but the game was already over by then.
We thought the ref was a bit of a homer, but we would i suppose. Booking to our right back Danny Mahoney seemed Harsh and the Lee Dovey sending half didn't seem neccessary at all bearing in mind the result wasn't in doubt at the time.

Fair play to the Darlo keeper who walked to the half way line to console our keeper as he trudged off. Touch of class there.
Your right back was very good and we Darlo fans in the side crowd shouted at the ref not to book him. Not harsh:totaly wrong.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat May 02, 2015 10:54 pm

Beano wrote:

You will be right up there with Spenny and Scarborough next year and I wish you well.

A decent club and you play good football.
Add Northwich to that list, but good football does not win some of the tougher games. Winning ugly is important sometimes for a plan B.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat May 02, 2015 10:57 pm

What a great day, so worth the effort.

Well chuffed!!!

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat May 02, 2015 10:59 pm

My view of the game........

It was a game of two halves, thank God for the second half!