Released Players

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Released Players

Post by poppyfield » Thu May 07, 2015 8:30 am

According to the todays Echo we will find out which players are to be released.

'Gray is expected to announce today which of his players are to be released. The manager, who has already begun planning for next season, informed them of his decision yesterday. '
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

The Golden Hairclip

Re: Released Players

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Thu May 07, 2015 8:42 am

No speculation please. Let's not ruin morale by guessing incorrectly. Better to just wait for the announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu May 07, 2015 9:05 am

I'd honestly only release 1 player, and bring just 2 or 3 in.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Thu May 07, 2015 10:03 am

i agree with the golden hairclip here

i think some players read this forum and it would be a bit unfair for us to name names as to who might leave so soon after they contributed to a great season. let MG do it the right way privately then we will be the next to know

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu May 07, 2015 10:41 am

I totally agree with these sentiments, let the manager do his job and we will then know who is and who isn't going to be here next season.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Thu May 07, 2015 11:37 am

Quakerz wrote:I'd honestly only release 1 player, and bring just 2 or 3 in.
Agreed on the football side of things, I think players ability to commit given their jobs and personal lives the further we go up will be more of a reason than their ability to hold their own at the next level though.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 07, 2015 11:53 am

bertbanger wrote:i agree with the golden hairclip here

i think some players read this forum and it would be a bit unfair for us to name names as to who might leave so soon after they contributed to a great season. let MG do it the right way privately then we will be the next to know
The players already know though - Martin Gray told them yesterday.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Thu May 07, 2015 12:01 pm

Spyman wrote:
bertbanger wrote:i agree with the golden hairclip here

The players already know though - Martin Gray told them yesterday.
I think it's more if we name players who WE think are likely to get released and the. They don't, those players may wonder why we felt they were worthy of being released in the first place. It probably wouldn't help their morale!

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Thu May 07, 2015 12:11 pm

exactly

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 07, 2015 12:47 pm

Fair enough - I'm sure it will all be out in the open soon - my hope is that we don't release many at all.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Beano

Post by Beano » Thu May 07, 2015 12:49 pm

Spyman wrote:Fair enough - I'm sure it will all be out in the open soon - my hope is that we don't release many at all.
Agreed.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Thu May 07, 2015 12:50 pm

Spyman wrote:Fair enough - I'm sure it will all be out in the open soon - my hope is that we don't release many at all.
Same here. The squad doesn't need much tinkering at all. There is a great togetherness at the moment. No need to change it too much.

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Thu May 07, 2015 4:34 pm

I'm pretty much on the same page as most of the above. I don't see any reason for any major reshuffling.
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.
What about Steve Backley?

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Thu May 07, 2015 6:00 pm

I go with Jack Charlton's philosophy on this one. In his autobiography he said that he always felt that players that had won promotion deserved a crack of the whip at the next level. Then and only then if it was found that they couldn't cut it, would he bring in replacements.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Thu May 07, 2015 8:35 pm

Tweet from Ray Simpson says no official retained / released info tonight.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

darlo2k

Post by darlo2k » Thu May 07, 2015 8:43 pm

Cooper showed how not to manage this process well. Killed the momentum from Wembley within a week.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 08, 2015 12:16 am

I wonder why the delay, perhaps they're doing a recount on who to keep and who to let go. :D

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Fri May 08, 2015 8:20 am

he`s maybe not releasing anyone so that`s why

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:11 am

Could be with much longer journeys for the majority of our midweek games, MG wants assurances who will be available for selection, just a thought, particularly that he will without doubt have his eye on a promotion to the Conference North.

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri May 08, 2015 10:49 am

Are Conference North still part time? I think thats when we will start to get an idea of where our natural level is, when (if) we have to switch to full time.

As mentioned above, MG likes his players to be available for most games, that makes things sticky for Hatch I think, as he isnt usually available mid-week.

Myself, I'd be happy to go into next season with the same squad, and see how it holds up, though, we are starting to get to a level where its harder to bring in quality at shorter notice, so this isnt likely to be possible, so Id expect a couple to leave.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri May 08, 2015 11:07 am

Conference North is part-time although there may be the odd exception. The transition to full-time tends to be made in the Conference Premier. When Darlo were in the Conference Premier, Altrincham, Tamworth, Southport, Bath City and Forest Green Rovers were all part-time. Forest Green Rovers went full-time since, I don't know about the rest.

The players will be at the awards dinner tonight at Rockcliffe. Maybe players would prefer any announcements to be delayed until tomorrow to avoid any awkward moments this evening. Just a thought.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri May 08, 2015 11:07 am

Conference North is part-time although there may be the odd exception. The transition to full-time tends to be made in the Conference Premier. When Darlo were in the Conference Premier, Altrincham, Tamworth, Southport, Bath City and Forest Green Rovers were all part-time. Forest Green Rovers went full-time since, I don't know about the rest.

The players will be at the awards dinner tonight at Rockcliffe. Maybe players would prefer any announcements to be delayed until tomorrow to avoid any awkward moments this evening. Just a thought.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 08, 2015 12:36 pm

The players all know what is happening, so I wouldn't think they would be worried about awkward moments. In fact if I was a player I'd want it to be known, so that fans would have the chance to wish him luck for whatever he went on to do next.

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Fri May 08, 2015 1:43 pm

darlo2k wrote:Cooper showed how not to manage this process well. Killed the momentum from Wembley within a week.
What was wrong with how Cooper handled it all?
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.

darlo2k

Post by darlo2k » Fri May 08, 2015 3:02 pm

I thought releasing Senior an hour before the Civic reception was poor timing.

Right call but could have handled it better.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri May 08, 2015 3:34 pm

Looks like Leon Scott is staying which for me is good news. Someone who does the donkey work, never lets the team down and gives his all. Thought he put in some great performances towards the end of the season
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Fri May 08, 2015 3:49 pm

quakersam wrote:Looks like Leon Scott is staying which for me is good news. Someone who does the donkey work, never lets the team down and gives his all. Thought he put in some great performances towards the end of the season
Fully agree, very pleased with this.

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Fri May 08, 2015 4:02 pm

darlo2k wrote:I thought releasing Senior an hour before the Civic reception was poor timing.

Right call but could have handled it better.
Wasn't the timing arranged before we won the FA Trophy?

At least Cooper was open and honest and gave the players every opportunity to get themselves sorted out with a new Club. I'd rather use that approach than be kept waiting and waiting.
Quakerz wrote:

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Fri May 08, 2015 4:07 pm

Not a fan of him know he does the donkey work but distribution woeful will need to improve next year in higher company

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri May 08, 2015 4:40 pm

darlo reborn wrote:Not a fan of him know he does the donkey work but distribution woeful will need to improve next year in higher company
I disagree. May not have the flair that some of the other players do, but he's someone you need in the team. Played in the EvoPrem with Whitby so no reason why he can't do it with us
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker