Bishop Auckland v Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Bishop Auckland v Darlington

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:11 pm

Does anybody know what time kick-off is on Friday?

Shed7
Team Supported: Spennymoor

Post by Shed7 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:22 pm

7.45pm kick off on Friday at Spennymoor.

No segregation, Admission £5 Adults and £3 concessions. Programme also available £2.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Decent game although some of Bishops players look woefully unfit and over weight, we bossed them all over the park, Turnbull/Portas look outstanding.

Hunter was excellent & Thommo looked sharp.

Anyhow Gibbons looks to be a good player and for me better than Staunch , Kneeshaw is a class player, very unselfish and a real 100% effort type, he is to good for our level but it would be great to have him for a few months, who would be left out to accommodate is beyond me.

My only concern is that Watson will not be starting 1st choice LB as he should be and we need a decent 2nd keeper.......

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:02 pm

Don't ever like reading loads into friendlies, but tonight went very well.

Kneeshaw looks a class above at this level and great to see Armstrong back and scoring.

Gibbons looked pretty solid at the back and think he will probably be the one we go for now anyway.

Only concern was that they got in behind quite a few times in the first half.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:20 pm

Tremendous summary by Steve. Gibbons is a very good player - pacey and has great vision with the ball. A slight criticism is once or twice he got caught the wrong side but you can put this down to experience in this position.

Kneeshaw pure class albeit a bit of an enigma. Somebody who seems to much better than this level. My guess is he is thinking about his options but if he is to play semi pro this is the club to be with. I'm told he turned down a decent contract at Gateshead which I thought was interesting. I suspect we might see him with us for a couple of months while he assess his options.

I'll make a bold prediction that both Kneeshaw and Gibbons will be playing at least conference football by this time next year. Both are very talented players.

As for Bishop they started quite well causing us trouble with some of their channel balls. I thought Hunter and Galbraith were quite poor first 15 minutes but I suspect this was a rare aberration. As for Bishop, 2 weeks to go and I have to say I haven't seen such an unfit side. I can understand that chasing Turnbull, Mitchell, Kneeshaw and Portas around can't be easy but it was quite startling the difference in fitness levels between the 2 sides.

I think that we are in with a great chance of doing well this season. The team seems to have improved even from the team last season. I've never been as optimistic. The squad gets stronger and stronger. No Burgess tonight or the Harrogate lads either.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:59 am

Bishop start on Saturday by the way, so rather than 2 weeks they have 3 days. I think we possibly forget how unfit some of the teams in the NL were - how many we used to blow away in the final 30 minutes. Just shows how far we've actually come and how much better the leagues above the NL actually are.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:04 am

Shed7 wrote:7.45pm kick off on Friday at Spennymoor.

No segregation, Admission £5 Adults and £3 concessions. Programme also available £2.

Where's the best place to park?

LLB
Team Supported: Bishop Auckland

Post by LLB » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:19 am

shawry wrote:Did Bishop play the reserves?
It was our 3rd choice XI last night!!

In all honesty we were woeful 2nd half, which is a tad worrying considering our season starts on Saturday. Worrying thing is it was pretty much our first choice defence. A few missing from midfield and the 2 lads up front were trialists/reserves.

As for yourselves i was impressed by your sharpness, movement, confidence on the ball ect. Only positive i can take is that we won't face that quality again in the league this season, but really should have been more competitive. Im sure that you will be at top end of table come seasons end.

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:22 am

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:

Plenty on street parking around the ground.Dont think there will be many there so you should be OK.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:30 am

How long was Army on for anyone please? :roll:

JE93

Post by JE93 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:33 am

joejaques wrote:How long was Army on for anyone please? :roll:
Came on at 64 mins according to the echo article

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:08 pm

Twintowers wrote:
Fibonacci0112358 wrote:

Plenty on street parking around the ground.Dont think there will be many there so you should be OK.

OK, thanks.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:11 pm

Bishops signed AJ and another player yesterday, but they didn't play.

Their team included a chubby Bell, DFC kids Mitchell and Cocks and ex Darlo winger Nicholls.

Looking the highlights they had a few chances, but the fluency and pace of Darlo was very impressive.

LLB

Post by LLB » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:31 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:Bishops signed AJ and another player yesterday, but they didn't play.

Their team included a chubby Bell, DFC kids Mitchell and Cocks and ex Darlo winger Nicholls.

Looking the highlights they had a few chances, but the fluency and pace of Darlo was very impressive.
AJ was signed last Autumn but was not available last night as his wife has just given birth apparently. Ian Ward was at the ground but did not feature. This is why we had the 2 'kids' up front. Club captain Sean Tarling is out injured and another new signing, midfielder Palmer is on holiday.

footifan

Post by footifan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:57 pm

LLB wrote:

In all honesty we were woeful 2nd half, which is a tad worrying considering our season starts on Saturday. Worrying thing is it was pretty much our first choice defence. A few missing from midfield and the 2 lads up front were trialists/reserves.

How could it be a "3rd Choice team " ?

That would infer reserve reserves, then you go onto say it was your " first choice defence, a couple missing from midfield etc."

Grasping at straws somewhat... good job we did not have our " !st choice " team out either " ;)

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:58 pm

LLB wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:Bishops signed AJ and another player yesterday, but they didn't play.

AJ was signed last Autumn but was not available last night as his wife has just given birth apparently. Ian Ward was at the ground but did not feature. This is why we had the 2 'kids' up front. Club captain Sean Tarling is out injured and another new signing, midfielder Palmer is on holiday.
I saw Bishop's new signing David Palmer play quite a lot last year for Seaham RS. Even though it was a NL Div 2 he looked a very useful player. Should be a good signing.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:04 pm

LLB wrote:

Hopefully when they all return you can have a strong squad, it does explain why you did look a bit of a mismatch last night, what i was surprised at was the lack of fitness and condition of some players, Pocklington and a couple of defenders/midfield guys looked overweight to be honest.

I hope Bishop have a good season and are challenging for promotion from the off.

In terms of Darlo we looked very sharp and full of running and desire, everybody was giving it their all

LLB

Post by LLB » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:18 pm

footifan wrote:
LLB wrote:

How could it be a "3rd Choice team " ?

That would infer reserve reserves, then you go onto say it was your " first choice defence, a couple missing from midfield etc."

Grasping at straws somewhat... good job we did not have our " !st choice " team out either " ;)
Think you deserve a big Woooosssshhhhh moment there Footifan! :crazy:

footifan

Post by footifan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:23 pm

Duplication
Last edited by footifan on Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

footifan

Post by footifan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:26 pm

LLB
Oh you do not like some home truths, your post was full of contradiction :o ....Whoooooooosh ... :roll:
Good luck with the new season... seems as though you will need it ;)

shawry

Post by shawry » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:36 pm

footifan wrote:LLB
Oh you do not like some home truths, your post was full of contradiction :o ....Whoooooooosh ... :roll:
TBH, I read the 3rd team comment as a joke about how badly they played.

LLB

Post by LLB » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:37 pm

shawry wrote:
Thanks Shawry ;)

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:05 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:
LLB wrote:

Hopefully when they all return you can have a strong squad, it does explain why you did look a bit of a mismatch last night, what i was surprised at was the lack of fitness and condition of some players, Pocklington and a couple of defenders/midfield guys looked overweight to be honest.

I hope Bishop have a good season and are challenging for promotion from the off.

In terms of Darlo we looked very sharp and full of running and desire, everybody was giving it their all
I also wish Bishop well. They clearly have some useful players. But again the conditioning of some of the players seemed well off track. I guess this will come with games. One lad in the midfield looked well off peak fitness although he was actually quite useful technically. Saying that, I am always impressed with how fit our lads have looked since the break. They are real pros at heart.

footifan

Post by footifan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:42 pm

LLB wrote:
shawry wrote:
Thanks Shawry ;)

As I said Grasping at straws LOL...
Maybe the only Wooooosh was as the ball went past the Bishops defence ... they were 1st Choice apparently ;)

Judging by the comments of the other Bishops fans of their performance, despite only being a friendly...they are duly concerned. As I said good luck with the season :)

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:08 pm

princes town wrote:
Bogratsteve wrote:
LLB wrote:

I also wish Bishop well. They clearly have some useful players. But again the conditioning of some of the players seemed well off track. I guess this will come with games. One lad in the midfield looked well off peak fitness although he was actually quite useful technically. Saying that, I am always impressed with how fit our lads have looked since the break. They are real pros at heart.
Yea their number 6 looked a good player, if he lost about stone and a half he would be a very good player.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:03 pm

Wrong thread
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:40 pm

Was that Mark Bell in goal? I was going to say if whoever that was is their first team keeper they don't look great as the first 2 goals were his fault.

LLB

Post by LLB » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:00 pm

lo36789 wrote:Was that Mark Bell in goal? I was going to say if whoever that was is their first team keeper they don't look great as the first 2 goals were his fault.
Scott Pocklington was in goal 1st half. Mark Bell played 2nd half.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:04 am

The French lad who came on in the second half, Thibualt Charney, played some good thru balls looked ok but didn't get much game time, what do we know about him? Anybody.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

divas

Post by divas » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:20 am

Parisian lad who played out in the USA for Chatanooga now living in Harrogate. Has been on trial at Curzon previously this summer, scoring twice.