Ilkeston football club

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Ilkeston football club

Post by princes town » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:24 am

A very nice club to visit with hospitable fans and a very decent ground. There were a few things that intrigued me - the absence of a match-day programme and the construct of a small elevated stand built around one corner. I thought the match-day programme was a league rule but credit to Ilkeston they did provide a free team sheet.

In respect of the elevated corner enclosed stand, I'm not sure whether the main ground has been rebuilt from an earlier construct or there is another reason for this somewhat odd design.

spen666
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Ilkeston football club

Post by spen666 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:02 am

princes town wrote:A very nice club to visit with hospitable fans and a very decent ground. There were a few things that intrigued me - the absence of a match-day programme and the construct of a small elevated stand built around one corner. I thought the match-day programme was a league rule but credit to Ilkeston they did provide a free team sheet.

I have often asked the question, what is required to constitute a programme? When does a team sheet become a programme?

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:05 am

There was a programme, they were selling it all round the ground

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:23 am

spen666 wrote:I have often asked the question, what is required to constitute a programme? When does a team sheet become a programme?
One of life's eternal questions...

:wtf:

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:26 am

A young lass was walking round in the first half selling programmes.

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:25 pm

Yes I believe they weren't available until after kick-off, something about printer problems I think they said.

ron-harbertson-hero

Post by ron-harbertson-hero » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:09 pm

A very pleasant club, a unique ground. The clock-tower was impressive. The portions of chips were huge.
re the programmes. when I arrived at 7 15 the young girl selling the programmes was stressed out. Programmes were being printed in the office and a runner was taking them to the girl in batches of 10 and 5 etc. They obviously did not expect so many away fans at a midweek game. The programme will not win any awards, son of Strachan's welcome in his notes took up two lines!
I thought that Darlo played some superb football at times. Cartman was outstanding in a difficult situation with no big striker to supply him with the ball. there was no shortage of effort from Darlo.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:30 pm

robsraiders wrote:There was a programme, they were selling it all round the ground
Fair enough I didn't see one.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:43 pm

Nice ground,not sure why the impressive stand was at the end near a goal and not the half way line though