Reminder to season ticket holders

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Reminder to season ticket holders

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:37 pm

Strange pricing, Adults reduced by £2, Concessions reduced by £2 and kids increased by £1 from normal league game pricing.

Wonder if the above is correct or a slight mistake on the kids prices.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:38 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Strange pricing, Adults reduced by £2, Concessions reduced by £2 and kids increased by £1 from normal league game pricing.

Wonder if the above is correct or a slight mistake on the kids prices.

Sounds about right for us. The Family Club.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:17 am

> could be competition rules
> could be as a result of agreement with Mossley
> could be that we are hoping this appeals to 'family' as Ingleby suggests. 2 parents + 2 kids will be £2 better off.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:08 am

They're not expecting a big attendance for this one.

To be honest, I wouldn't class a £1 increase in kids tickets for one game as being "strange", particularly if adult and concessions prices are being reduced.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:18 am

Big game for the club this one.

Obviously not as important as the FA Cup in terms of prize money, media exposure and a chance to raise the clubs profile etc etc, but a chance to bring is some extra funds and with there being some big Conference clubs such as Grimsby, Tranmere etc a real chance to pull one of these teams later in the competition and have a decent payday. We aren't going to win the competition but a good run will be very beneficial to the club and should be high up on the list of priorities in my opinion.

And after the way we went out of the FA Cup, which still leaves a bitter taste, be nice to have a decent run.

Not holding my breath though, Darlo and cup competitions don't normally go well except for a few occasions, but here's hoping I'm wrong and we can get a good result and make some progress.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:51 am

Agree personally I think the FA Trophy could be an excellent competition for us and be good to pit our wits against teams from the leagues above, especially an ex league club like mentioned.

As Gramps says I don't think the game will catch the imagination of the fans especially after the number of home games and another the Saturday after. Personally though I will be there and I really want us to win and be in that draw on Monday morning, not quite as big as the FA Cup but since everything that has happend it would be fantastic to head to the likes of Tranmere or Grimsby for a competitive game.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:01 pm

Darlogramps wrote:They're not expecting a big attendance for this one.

To be honest, I wouldn't class a £1 increase in kids tickets for one game as being "strange", particularly if adult and concessions prices are being reduced.
It's out of character from what you would expect, normally if prices reduce they reduce across the board for these games, not one category going up whilst others reduce.

It's the same price for me as a normal game if paying for myself and two kids it's £18 (£8+£5=£5) this week and normal price £18 (£10+£4+£4), so I am just paying what I was expecting.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:16 pm

I'm desperate for a good run in this competition & I'm sure Martin Gray & the board are too, especially after our disastrous early FA Cup exit.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:32 pm

Given the number of homes games in a row a good few season ticket holders, will be giving this game a miss. I'd be surprised if we break 800.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:21 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Given the number of homes games in a row a good few season ticket holders.
Surely it is pay on the gate who are most adversely affected by a run of home games rather than season ticket holders...?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:21 pm

I'd love a cup run, then Grimsby away. Perfect scenario for me!

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:04 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:I'm desperate for a good run in this competition & I'm sure Martin Gray & the board are too, especially after our disastrous early FA Cup exit.
Me too. I'm still down about going out of the cup at the first hurdle.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:14 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Given the number of homes games in a row a good few season ticket holders.
Surely it is pay on the gate who are most adversely affected by a run of home games rather than season ticket holders...?
Definitely up for a cup run but as a season ticket holder I will probably give this Saturday a miss. We have had a lot of games at home and next Saturday. I May change my mind come Saturday morning however.

As a season ticket holder you are in the habit of the game being 'free' where as I now need to pay for this one, just gives me the excuse to duck out I suppose.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:50 pm

I think I'll be missing this one as well.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:02 pm

I'm in London, so I won't be there.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:10 pm

... I'm a season ticket holder and I'll be there as usual. Gives me a different opportunity to put more money in my clubs coffers I guess ....

Come on Darlo ......

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:28 pm

Fan owned club = support and cash will always be required please dont forget this, come along and support your club

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:11 am

robsraiders wrote:Fan owned club = support and cash will always be required please dont forget this, come along and support your club
I agree, but as I've said before, I can't justify attending numerous consecutive Saturday's.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:12 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
robsraiders wrote:Fan owned club = support and cash will always be required please dont forget this, come along and support your club
I agree, but as I've said before, I can't justify attending numerous consecutive Saturday's.
But you already do attend consecutive Saturdays. It's just that usually half of them are away from home, where you are quite happy to put the cash into their coffers.

DFCSC_1

Post by DFCSC_1 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:30 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
If you can't attend then you could always make a £10 donation at the next game, or buy extra 50/50 tickets.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:26 pm

I`ll be there but the 2 other season ticket holders who I take have said no