Outgoings????

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lewis1k89
Team Supported: Darlington

Outgoings????

Post by lewis1k89 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:52 pm

As Gray mentioned at the forum, who do you think he was referring to in regards to outgoings????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

divas

Re: Outgoings????

Post by divas » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:55 pm

Obvious contenders will be the fringe players. He was deeply unhappy with those on the pitch against Mossley which has prompted him to change things a bit, so take your pick from the lads on show that day.

lewis1k89

Post by lewis1k89 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:19 am

I'd imagine Gibbons will go, maybe Youhill, can't imagine he's happy with the lack of game time. Maybe that Czech lad might leave as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:14 am

Gibbons and new foreign striker. Amar on loan.

Anthony the left back/wing should be safe.
If Dowson can't stay fit and get a run he becomes a outside possibility.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:35 am

I think that Gibbons is the most likely to leave out of the squad, with Brown, Mitchell & Hunter all able to cover that right-back position. Shame really as he has recently looked to be growing in the right-back role. He looked more than capable in the centre in pre-season but we have Portas, Turnbull, Nowakowski & Scott on our books with Galbraith ready to come in if needed.

I think that Hymr will be gone after his solitary appearance against Mossley, now that we have Dowson back & have signed Kneeshaw. Purewal will probably be loaned out when he is fit, and if Gray's comments are to be believed then White won't be paid during his suspension (which could possibly last around 2 months).

Dowson is another one which could be a possibility and I guess a shame from a sentimental point of view. Now into his 4th season with us and you always know what you're going to get with him. Realistically though we could be carrying 4/5 very good forwards at this level in a couple of months (Gaskell, Cartman, Armstrong, Purewal & Kneeshaw).

I'd like so see Burgess & Youhill take advantage of the opportunities that'll come their way over the next few couple of months.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:45 am

Thought Youhill has taken hais chance well over the last two games..He has really looked the part in very weakened teams against Mossley and Blyth.
It is not me who he has to prove himself to though. It's MG

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:08 am

I think there will be a surprise in this,we will have to wait and see. Martin knows who and when,it's just a guessing game for the fans.well done David mills last night.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:48 pm

onewayup wrote:I think there will be a surprise in this,we will have to wait and see. Martin knows who and when,it's just a guessing game for the fans.well done David mills last night.

I think you're right, and my money is on Nathan!

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:09 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
onewayup wrote:I think there will be a surprise in this,we will have to wait and see. Martin knows who and when,it's just a guessing game for the fans.well done David mills last night.

Can't see Cartman going anywhere.For me he gives us everything Dowson does with the bonus of being able to finish.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:39 pm

I think Dowson must be a contender, never starts games these days.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:41 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I think Dowson must be a contender, never starts games these days.
He's been injured for the past 2 months.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:51 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Fibonacci0112358 wrote:

Can't see Cartman going anywhere.For me he gives us everything Dowson does with the bonus of being able to finish.

We'll see.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:57 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
Emdubya wrote:
Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
We'll see.
Cartman will only leave if someone comes in & pays good money for him. Our most valuable player.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:03 pm

Cartman who has started every game that he has been available this season is your favourite to leave?

As Robbie says he is our most valuable player. I am hoping we'd make a decent buck on him from a Conference team if he ever did leave (similar to Jamie Vardy's story).

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:14 pm

Unfortunate that Youhill has been listed but I can see the reasoning Mitchell is a quality play and can cover full back too. I'd imagine Kneeshaw can play wide too. I'd imagine the Czech lad will be on his way too.

Gibbons may be in danger but again as a good player it would be a shame to see him go.

Dowson would be one of my picks to leave. Really love the lads work rate and desire but realistically all our strikers work hard off the ball and we now have better finishers in the squad.

Fact is as well we have had Purwal contracted for the last year when he has been unable to play and we are still unsure as to when he will be able to play again.
Last edited by JE93 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:17 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:

Mine isn't. I thinking your barking up the wrong tree.

It took a lot of effort to sign Nathan, and he's has been and will be a success. He has a great attitude, we like him, and it seems he likes us.

The only way he will leave is if someone offers up decent money, and who will do that? Which team? Surely the only good move (for him and us) would involve a full time league club and I'm not sure he's got the physique for the hurly burly of league football.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:44 pm

There is a re hab plan for Amar, outlined by MG last evening. That includes an assessment to see what level he is capable of achieving after the injury and any long term affect. I hope that he brushes it aside and gets back to the level he was prior to it. I for one do not doubt the contribution he has made , and that we have missed during the injury period.

I doubt if MG doubted his ability to pick up where he left off, he would have stuck with him this long, and for that reason I doubt he would be under immediate threat.

Its the in and out inconsistent performers that are most probably at risk, and unfortunately that brings Thommo into the mix.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:48 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I think Dowson must be a contender, never starts games these days.
He's been injured for the past 2 months.
As much as I like Dowson - he's always injured these days.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:51 pm

tezza wrote:
Its the in and out inconsistent performers that are most probably at risk, and unfortunately that brings Thommo into the mix.
:lol:

We paid a fee for him and he's 2 years into a 5 year contract.

Chances of Thompson being let go = nil.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:53 pm

tezza wrote:I doubt if MG doubted his ability to pick up where he left off, he would have stuck with him this long
He can't possibly know though.

Kneeshaw, Armstrong, Cartman and Purewal is a pretty good mixture of everything though.

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:58 pm

Quakerz wrote:
tezza wrote:

Really ... MG actions demonstrate that players who do not consistently perform ..... and you think that contract will simply be protection for 5 years income regardless of performance

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:03 pm

Its interesting , at last night forum Youhill made a comment at Harrogate he was always first name on the team sheet. Less than 24 hours later we know what has happened.

MG Rightly demands commitment. One of his key roles is to galvanise and motivate that commitment.

The statement of fee & 5 year contract might not square the round.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:15 pm

tezza wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
tezza wrote:

Really ... MG actions demonstrate that players who do not consistently perform ..... and you think that contract will simply be protection for 5 years income regardless of performance
Taken over 3 seasons Tommo has consistently been one of our top 3 players and this season he has been back to his best.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:15 pm

Well has it surprised you or not, after all he was a bit part player in the squad .
Not really a surprise for me.shame he didn't get more playing time though,
However we move on.hopefully he's picked up by a good team,good Luck rob.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:24 pm

tezza wrote:unfortunately that brings Thommo into the mix.

There's nothing wrong with Thompson's performance or commitment. We can't expect him to ignite every game like before.

He's playing at a higher level now, the opposition - and his own team mates are better players. This means he doesn't stand out as much.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:28 am

With the forthcoming games against Salford, Hyde & Blyth I hope that players are kept registered with us and allowed to compete for their places.

Some (e.g. Hymr & White Jr) may be loaned out to get some competitive match practice and improve fitness, but I reckon our current 4 strikers will be needed in match squads, until Amar is match fit.

Potential is always there for strikers to be effected by injury, illness, suspension, lack of sharpness, external factors and we need to pressurise the opposition and get goals.

Thompson & Kneeshaw need space, so I don't think they would perform so well with close marking up front.

I am thankfully not the manager though!

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:43 am

Utterly ridiculous that Thompson is even mentioned on this thread. Complete and utter nonsense. Aside the fact we paid money for him and he still has three years left on his contract Thompson has done well this season.

Lets examine Thompson's "inconsistent" season so far....

Games Played: 19
Goals: 5
Assists: 9

Those stats aren't even that weighted by one off games either. There is only the Blyth game I think in which he scored and created a goal. So out of 19 games he's made a key contribution to 13 of them.

That doesn't include the number of key contributions he's made (like a pass which led to an assist or a shot which led to a corner which we scored from).

So yeah, inconsistent. :lol:

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:00 am

I think some people just draw a name out of a hat for which player they want to criticise each week.

There's no rational basis for it, they just want to moan, particularly if it's a player who doesn't run round the pitch like a headless chicken, or doesn't shout at/swear at/ push over match officials.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:04 am

Czech striker Jakub Hymr registering for Norton
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:10 am

Neil Johnson wrote:I am thankfully not the manager though!
Finally, something we can all agree on.