ban this scum

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Big Tim
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: ban this scum

Post by Big Tim » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:16 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:And his mates too, the fact is he should've been taking pics. He's always taking pics of the crowd yet when something tasty is happening on the pitch he's on his laptop.
Love you too fatty x x x

oldboyaughton
Team Supported: Darlington/DCC

Post by oldboyaughton » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:09 pm

Lets face it these 6 are part of an element that are trying to recreate the 1980s and the casual scene, they watch the so called football hooligan films and think it the are stars of cctv. if truth would be know they are trying to restructure times that are now resigned to history and thats where it should remain in the past.

This gang of 6 and their associates need to be shown up for what they are cowards, its all big and clever to cause trouble in Blyth, but would they try it on at the likes of Millwall? NO they would be hiding behind the police, please take me home to mummy its nasty here not like in the film, as I said cowards an embracement to themselves there families and the Football Club, each and every one that travelled on that bus should be banned from the club for life, guilty by association.

"Just Who Is The 5 O'clock Hero?"

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:13 pm

There are some real numpties on The Echo site, and some of them are completely missing the point. The point being that the trouble makers are not fans - the idiots who caused this trouble are not sports fans or Darlo fans, they just turn up every once in a while for the hell of it, and I bet none of them could name more than two players who were on the pitch at the Blyth game.

If a gang of bank robbers got dressed up in black and white scarves and robbed a bank, to the police they would be bank robbers/criminals, not Darlo fans, so I would say to the Echo Trolls, stop writing rubbish and let the police deal with it, that's their job.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:00 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:And his mates too, the fact is he should've been taking pics. He's always taking pics of the crowd yet when something tasty is happening on the pitch he's on his laptop.
Leave off. Tim doesn't have the only camera in the ground and would be putting himself in a difficult position if openly taking photos of crowd trouble - he's too easily identified himself.

Can't we just make the turnstiles a bit smaller, then that fat fucking goblin who is always around the bother wouldn't be able to get in the ground in the first place.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Nigel Batches Beard

Post by Nigel Batches Beard » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:43 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:. The point being that the trouble makers are not fans - the idiots who caused this trouble are not sports fans or Darlo fans, they just turn up every once in a while for the hell of it
Exactly - and its as clear as day which games theyre gonna be at, so maybe we should as a club should come up with more of a plan to counter it, even if we are the away team? Get it stopped at source by the police ( if theyre interested?) if its possible. ok, I know weve dropped down the leagues but I can remember not that long ago when the rozzers were there in plain clothes with cameras taking pics of possible troublemakers - they not got the manpower for preventative policing now?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:10 pm

Why has nobody mentioned the pub that was involved in organising this coach? I've been away for over a week skiing in the Alps, at least I didn't miss a home game. Even the news of the trouble reached deepest France. Hopefully the club will take action against anybody convicted of causing trouble at Blyth.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:23 pm

What does mentioning it achieve? I think the source is known - the police will no doubt make their prosecutions and the club will respond.

Considering 'the club' at the moment is Dave Mills who currently has;

- finalisation of ground share with BM
- re-application for FSIF grant which we know expired
- fundraising launch for new ground
- fundraising launch for £50k shortfall reported at MJs last forum
- reaction to current match postponements given there seems to be fan outrage - maybe he should pray for good weather?
- Blyth away incidents/response

I do wonder if there have been any additional offers of support/resource during this period as all of the above items are in the public domain.

Or has he just been receiving "you should do this/why are you not doing this" emails?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:27 pm

Why shouldn't the pub involved be mentioned. Support provided by this pub is not helping the club. Yes as you pointed out, there are even more important issues for the club.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:35 pm

When we were a league club and had away trips to places like Mansfield, Rotherham, Scunthorpe and Hartlepool, trouble makers used to tag along and there would be the odd punch up.

I'm not condoning this but we've all seen it, and this problem is nothing new. What's changed however is a lack of police and proper stewarding at the bigger games - to nip the problems in the bud.

If there had been a couple of police officers outside the ground and near the pub at Blyth, then I would say that the teeny terrors wouldn't of started acting hard.

There was nobody there before or after the game, and I know this because that was my route back to my car (I haven't been skiing in the Alps Pete :roll: )

Is the lacking of police and stewards our fault?

Other clubs like the big pay day, but can they not pay for some police or extra stewards for 3 hours? Nearly 2000 there last Monday.

And no! I'm not making excuses for the idiots, I'm just pointing out things that always get considered in the higher leagues.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:41 pm

That's a good point, policing and effective stewarding is almost non-existent at our level, Salford apart last season, when police were present, but the numbers of Darlo fans that turned up, overwhelmed what presence they had provided. Clubs can't afford effective stewarding at our level and providing police cover, when none is required for perhaps less than 1% of games, would bankrupt most clubs.

Dfc Dfc Dfc

Post by Dfc Dfc Dfc » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:12 pm

lo36789 wrote:What does mentioning it achieve? I think the source is known - the police will no doubt make their prosecutions and the club will respond.

Considering 'the club' at the moment is Dave Mills who currently has;

- finalisation of ground share with BM
- re-application for FSIF grant which we know expired
- fundraising launch for new ground
- fundraising launch for £50k shortfall reported at MJs last forum
- reaction to current match postponements given there seems to be fan outrage - maybe he should pray for good weather?
- Blyth away incidents/response

I do wonder if there have been any additional offers of support/resource during this period as all of the above items are in the public domain.

Or has he just been receiving "you should do this/why are you not doing this" emails?

Not forgetting the small matter of what he is already doing day to day - eg dealing with the league to stop the 12 point deduction before xmas, liaising with everyone who willingly gives THEIR time up as a volunteer etc. Let's not forget he is also a volunteer!
Words are cheap, ideas are great but with minimal resource 'you should do this/why don't you do that' achieves absolutely nothing!! He must be mad! :crazy:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:06 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Why shouldn't the pub involved be mentioned.
Didn't say that they shouldn't - I just couldn't understand a deliberate outburst about why they hadn't. Mentioning them out achieves...nothing.

TDS

Post by TDS » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:45 pm

Two coppers turned up at half time I believe once the stewards started getting some flack. It doesn't mean once the supporters have left the ground they can follow 2000 people to their individual means of transport however. Nor can the club.

This could've been better policed and of course this is Blyth's responsibility, there's not much anyone can do external to the ground however.

Remember a club like our's being dumped this low down the pyramid is always going to have it's consequences. This is one of them.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:56 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Why has nobody mentioned the pub that was involved in organising this coach? I've been away for over a week skiing in the Alps, at least I didn't miss a home game. Even the news of the trouble reached deepest France. Hopefully the club will take action against anybody convicted of causing trouble at Blyth.
WTF Pete? How irrelevant?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:57 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Why has nobody mentioned the pub that was involved in organising this coach? I've been away for over a week skiing in the Alps, at least I didn't miss a home game. Even the news of the trouble reached deepest France. Hopefully the club will take action against anybody convicted of causing trouble at Blyth.
WTF Pete? How irrelevant?
:lol:

Henley

Post by Henley » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:10 pm

Skiing, Pete? There's been no snow in the Alps!?!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:26 pm

Henley wrote:Skiing, Pete? There's been no snow in the Alps!?!
Tell me about it. Fortunately we were about 5 miles from the highest resort in the Alps, so there was some decent skiing, but it was far from brilliant.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:05 pm

Surely the issue is the lack of effective banning orders at this level. I understand (perhaps wrongly) that football banning orders only apply including and above the Conference level. Without such a order you cant stop someone from hiring a bus and having the bus company drive it to a football match. A banning order would stop them
at source but i don't believe they apply at this level.

Say we ban these people from attending games ( and we should) what, practically can be done to prevent them travelling to away games?

For home games we can refuse them admission in accordance with the ground entry terms and conditions but for away games we rely on other clubs agreeing to enforce such "bans" with the potential for trouble at the entrance.

If they kick off away from the match it is the responsibility of the police to maintain public order and gather evidence to allow the CPS to push for a conviction. The club cant do this.

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:48 pm

It saddens me that this pondlife is associated with our club. I don't want to breathe the same air as them. I wonder what suggestions the police themselves might offer and whether some sort of meeting with the police, or liason could be a way forward? The yobs themselves may be thick as pigshit but we should contrive to be cleverer, or we will always be on the back foot. We need to be proactive, and putting messages out on the website before games isn't that.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:48 pm

Good post Feethams 66. :clap:
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

coles

Post by coles » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:38 am

Guys I have read this thread with real interest and there are a couple of points that I would like to make.

Firstly I do believe that the coach in question was not the bus that everyone is openly taking shots at, in fact the lads who caused this trouble are as I understand it banned from the afore mentioned 'pubs' bus. As a result of the ban they got their own coach something that the club is powerless to stop.

Secondly I have read a lot of people who have an opinion on what the club should be doing and what the club are not doing. Unless I missed something this is our club, and we have the power to do anything we want to regarding these individuals. I am sure the board of directors (which is one person at present) and the Supporters group, would welcome a group of fans approaching them, with some constructive suggestions on how we rid OUR club of this pathetic element.

I notice how everyone seems to recognise the glass thrower from last season but nobody has actually approached him to remove him from our club remember we as a fanbase need to actually step up to the plate and support the club either financially or with our own time. We have a severe lack of stewards but if 10 people from this thread decided to get together and identify the pondlife that are wannabe hooligans then evict them from the ground on matchday effectively enforcing our own banning order then I am sure the board would be open to it.

Its all well and good complaining about it but we need to take a stance ourselves, we are no longer a league club or even a full time professional club. We need to lift our heads out of the sand and work together to drive the club to the promised land. If that means creating a team to ensure that people who are found to have caused trouble at a DArlington game home or away are banned from watching us then so be it.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:42 am

coles wrote:Guys I have read this thread with real interest and there are a couple of points that I would like to make.

Firstly I do believe that the coach in question was not the bus that everyone is openly taking shots at, in fact the lads who caused this trouble are as I understand it banned from the afore mentioned 'pubs' bus. As a result of the ban they got their own coach something that the club is powerless to stop.

Secondly I have read a lot of people who have an opinion on what the club should be doing and what the club are not doing. Unless I missed something this is our club, and we have the power to do anything we want to regarding these individuals. I am sure the board of directors (which is one person at present) and the Supporters group, would welcome a group of fans approaching them, with some constructive suggestions on how we rid OUR club of this pathetic element.

I notice how everyone seems to recognise the glass thrower from last season but nobody has actually approached him to remove him from our club remember we as a fanbase need to actually step up to the plate and support the club either financially or with our own time. We have a severe lack of stewards but if 10 people from this thread decided to get together and identify the pondlife that are wannabe hooligans then evict them from the ground on matchday effectively enforcing our own banning order then I am sure the board would be open to it.

Its all well and good complaining about it but we need to take a stance ourselves, we are no longer a league club or even a full time professional club. We need to lift our heads out of the sand and work together to drive the club to the promised land. If that means creating a team to ensure that people who are found to have caused trouble at a DArlington game home or away are banned from watching us then so be it.
How do 'we' go about evicting someone off our own backs though? All a bit vigilante.

What if that person is also a shareholder in the club?

It is all a very grey area. I agree that we are the club and collectively more should be done, I'm just not sure how it should be done without the help of some kind of authority, be it the league, the police, the FA.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:53 am

Its not the fan's responsibility to remove a known trouble maker from HP. He is easily identified & should be turned away at the gate by the stewards. You can't have random groups of fans going around removing other fans.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:02 am

If only Charles Bronson, Edward Woodward and George Peppard hadn't died!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:02 pm

I don't believe a share holder would jeopardize their commitment to their club by actions that were prevalent last Saturday at Blyth. These scum were hangers on looking to cause mayhem.
They were not DARLINGTON Football club supporters in anyway.as I have already said no share holder would put themselves in that position.
It is also totally wrong to suggest a group of fans act and throw out the idiots ,
We need to look very carefully as to how this issue is best remedied,our stewards do a very good job but they are all volunteers which we are eternally greatful for.

The Love Slug

Post by The Love Slug » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:31 pm

someone must know the fat bastards name.

and the Pub is the deacon.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:01 pm

To be crystal clear - the pub is NOT the deacon .

Them chava little rats are not welcome on our bus.
Think before posting

coles

Post by coles » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:50 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:Its not the fan's responsibility to remove a known trouble maker from HP. He is easily identified & should be turned away at the gate by the stewards. You can't have random groups of fans going around removing other fans.
Robbie the point I was making is that it is the fans responsibility, its our club the stewards are fans working as volunteers. If we want to rid these people from our club, then perhaps more fans need to work as stewards, and on the turnstiles to refuse these people entry.

Doing this is the only way to rid them from our club, as a fan owned club we have to step up and get involved in the running of it. we cannot bury our heads in the sand and whinge that Dave Mills is not dealing with them as he is only one person.

All I hear is a lot of people complaining about the damage these people are doing to the DFC name but I do not hear many suggestions to resolve it, other that "the club should ban them, the club should do more".

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:00 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:If only Charles Bronson, Edward Woodward and George Peppard hadn't died!
Dirty Harry?

"Go ahead Punk - make my day!"
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

KCChiefs
Team Supported: Darlington/Forest

Post by KCChiefs » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:32 pm

If we think we can have a club that is 100% trouble free we are living in cloud cuckoo land.

The vast majority of clubs have had a hooligan element for at least the past 40 or so years and will have for the next 40 i'm afraid....