ban this scum

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

olrad
Team Supported: Darlington

ban this scum

Post by olrad » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:07 pm

Ban the scum that caused havoc in pubs after the game today . On a coach , from a licenced establishment in town . With the usual suspects who hide amoungst the hundreds of decent fans that travel to support our club. I only hope the pictures of your coach surrounded by police cars and vans leads to arrests and convictions, action against the coach company that transports the clowns and pressure on the licencee to not allow the clowns to run the bovver bus from their establishment in the first place.embarrassed again by about 20 odd morons and juvenile delinquents.

Gow9900

Re: ban this scum

Post by Gow9900 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:25 pm

I'd imagine this is why the club issue the 'Club responsibility of fans' statement before every game.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:42 pm

We might put out a statement before every game but do we really take this issue seriously?

The fat lad who was caught on CCTV last season chucking a glass in a pub before the Scarborough game is still attending home games. He isn't hard to spot so why are we letting him in?

It can't be beyond our abilities in this social media age to assemble photos of the serial offenders and ensure they don't get entry to games.

Stan_Darlo

Post by Stan_Darlo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:48 pm

Absolutely embarrassing and is giving the club a bad name. We need to start taking these type of things much more seriously - same things are happening after every big game and it's doing the clubs reputation no favours.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:21 am

Not in anyway shape or form defending the 14-16year old stone island crew , cos they were bellends all day, just like to point out despite what is being said on twitter & facebook - The Mason Arms pub in Blyth did not get 'smashed up'.
One little rarf punched a window - it didnt break.
One scummy rat kicked the pub door. Unsuprisingly the rats foot came off worse than the door.
Think before posting

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:52 am

Couldn't put it better than the Malcolm Stephenson in the Spartans match programme -reference our earlier bank holiday game

" I witnessed some ugly scenes after the match. One or 2 so called 'supporters'
were fighting each other. These, most likely, are not your regular fans and I certainly never see them away at the likes of a Tuesday night in Frickley. I know for certain that the regular Blyth fans who go anywhere are there just to support the team. The majority of Darlington fans are the same I am sure and they donlt want to see any problems today. We all just want to see a good game of football."

To be fair I didn't see much bother 2nd half and I'd be fairly sure that events were over exaggerated in the pubs. Nevertheless, it becomes us to be respectful of the places we visit
Last edited by princes town on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:47 am

I've got video footage of some pushing and shoving ...handbags really

Sat ont shitter

sacko_uk

ban this scum

Post by sacko_uk » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:19 am

Robbie Painter wrote:We might put out a statement before every game but do we really take this issue seriously?

The fat lad who was caught on CCTV last season chucking a glass in a pub before the Scarborough game is still attending home games. He isn't hard to spot so why are we letting him in?

It can't be beyond our abilities in this social media age to assemble photos of the serial offenders and ensure they don't get entry to games.
Didn't they make him the official photographer instead? Image

dfclincolnshire

Post by dfclincolnshire » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:33 am

olrad wrote:Ban the scum that caused havoc in pubs after the game today . On a coach , from a licenced establishment in town . With the usual suspects who hide amoungst the hundreds of decent fans that travel to support our club. I only hope the pictures of your coach surrounded by police cars and vans leads to arrests and convictions, action against the coach company that transports the clowns and pressure on the licencee to not allow the clowns to run the bovver bus from their establishment in the first place.embarrassed again by about 20 odd morons and juvenile delinquents.

What I witnessed was around 14 or 15 local barns, playing "Rambo"
And punched and kicked the pub doors, one head butted the door that smashed the glass panel, the bar staff locked the front door, no police surrounded the coach,
And these juvenile delinquents as you put it, we're not from Darlo or any bus trip from the town. The fans on the bus remained decent and remained on the bus and did not get involved

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:19 pm

I don't know but does anyone actually "know" what happened, hearsay can paint a very false picture.

Going to the game I presumed there would be some incidents. At the home game there was a small handful of Blyth lads desperately seeking out 'bover' inside the ground and I saw one punch thrown outside the ground towards the March hare.

On top of that, big crowd, big game, plenty of alcohol I was a little concerned at the lack of segregation.

I was stood to the side of the goal Darlo attacked both halves.

Other than the odd few words (mostly in jest) the only real incident I saw was an older Blyth fan with a walking stick being thrown out.

So my feeling on leaving the game was that it had all passed off OK. Seems not and we have to take a responsibility of trying to police ourselves at time, but lets not all over react without knowing the facts.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:55 pm

Northumbria Police say six people were arrested after the Blyth Spartans v Darlington 1888 match. They can't even get the wrong name right: http://www.northumbria.police.uk/news_a ... _in_blyth/
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

princes town

Post by princes town » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:34 pm

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor ... h-10662092

Worse than I thought.

John Roufe, landlord of the Masons Arms, said that it was the worst violence he’d seen in his 30 years in the pub trade.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:45 pm

If found guilty ban them from all future home and away games. Six individuals, I'm not going to call them supporters, we can do without.
Last edited by quakerste on Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:23 pm

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:10 pm

olrad wrote:Ban the scum that caused havoc in pubs after the game today . On a coach , from a licenced establishment in town . With the usual suspects who hide amoungst the hundreds of decent fans that travel to support our club. I only hope the pictures of your coach surrounded by police cars and vans leads to arrests and convictions, action against the coach company that transports the clowns and pressure on the licencee to not allow the clowns to run the bovver bus from their establishment in the first place.embarrassed again by about 20 odd morons and juvenile delinquents.
Thing is the notice goes up every time that particular establishment run a bus. I don't know why we don't just tell the police and hope they find a reason why the bus doesn't get out of the town.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:39 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Thing is the notice goes up every time that particular establishment run a bus. I don't know why we don't just tell the police and hope they find a reason why the bus doesn't get out of the town.
IF the bus is being run by or being advertised by the licences premises and IF the bus users are involved in trouble whenever the bus runs to games, then this could form grounds for objections to the renewal of its licence.

Perhaps one for the club and police to consider when pub licence is up for renewal

murton.darlo

Post by murton.darlo » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:52 pm

Was it John Smith and Sons...

If so, I guess that is why the Police swarmed round it like flies round a turd at the Tyne Tunnel...

No need for behaviour like that, the minority end up giving the majority a bad name...Hope these are put in front of the beak and punished tough? Banning Orders or something like that...I certainly would not be happy if the actions of a few dozy pissed off gimps give us all a bad name

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:48 pm

Comments on the Echo site are being used to stir things up with the rugby club ground share.
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/l ... shing_pub/
FORZA DARLO

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:42 pm

Anyone who is convicted of any related offence should receive a lifetime ban from all DFC related activities. They will be publicly named by the courts if convicted.

TDS

Post by TDS » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:00 am

It's all well and good saying ban them etc. It's enforcing it that's the issue.

Being a club our size we are always going to have a knobhead element. You can see them a mile off as they are in all the gear but you can't turn them away at the turnstile based on clothing. As somebody has said the fat knacker still gets in and he was caught on camera lobbing pint pots about.

I know people who went on the deacon bus and they are in no way trouble makers.

Rock and a hard place for the club.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

olrad

Post by olrad » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:28 am

TDS , and the people you know who choose to travel on an unregulated and unaccountable bus , from where ever , are part of the problem. Dont allow these simpletons to hide amoungst us . If your on a bus with a load of pissed up chavs , you are at least guilty of making the wrong choice of travelling companions.
And as for banning them, i cant see what the problem is . Get them banned and if they turn up have them removed by the police if nessessary.for one, Its a disgrace that fat knacker is still allowed to attend home games ( and as we send stewards to just about every away game ) how he still gets in to cause more trouble there.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:32 am

These morons are not supporters of Darlington football club,they are supporters of and engage in causing havoc,damage and injury after getting tanked up on booze .if sober they would s*** themselfs on their own ,packmentality .we do not need you stay away from our club,each and everyone of you should be named and shamed ,pictures of you have to be in the public domain.STAY AWAY.

princes town

Post by princes town » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:43 am

Quakers1883 wrote:Comments on the Echo site are being used to stir things up with the rugby club ground share.
PR disaster. In my opinion wrongly as even the Spartans fans have acknowledged that the vast majority fans were OK.

richymidd

Post by richymidd » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:51 am

I think this is something that DFCSG members should be raising with the board as a concern and asking them to address and respond. We don't want it, we don't need it and we should be pressing to ensure that everything that can be done, is done.

I think most genuine fans in this league understand what is happening and that these idiots are in effect nothing to do with the club. Unfortunately, the rest of Darlington might not and that negative press, along with the stoking of social media, can only be damaging to our prospects of returning to the town and growing a fan base.

If the club and relevant authorities are not seen to be actively addressing this issue, we will lose general support and potential fanbase. And more than that, I just don't want to be at a match with these boneheads.

I said after Salford away that we should police this ourselves at the game - no violence, just a gentle persuasion that nobody wants them. We don't necessarily have the police and steward numbers needed so maybe we just ask those who are there to make a move and we lend our physical presence and vocal support. Bit like the Lions 99 call!

I know how to contact the board and John Tempest but is there a mechanism for us to raise issues and at the same time demonstrate level of support?

eg the big guy who is accused of throwing a pint pot in the boozer. I've not seen the evidence but if it is clear-cut, even though he was not within a ground or with an official club entity, I would personally like to see some action taken against him and i understand this has never happened. I suspect many other fans/members feel the same.

If the club feels it can't do anything, it would be interesting to know why. Sending out a statement about behaviour before away trips might be seen as necessary but could also be seen as a cop-out if no further action is taken.

Likewise, this coach that runs from the pub and seems to be a source of much of the trouble - has any one had a word? which pub is it by the way, where is it?

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:40 pm

I'm surprised the club photographer wasn't taking photos of them at half time when some young punks got lairy with the Blyth stewards. He was over there ambling about in his vest.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

undisputed_kingpin

Post by undisputed_kingpin » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:52 pm

Because big Tim wants to be liked... He wouldn't take pictures and submit them because there'd be backlash from the nobheads!

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:05 pm

And his mates too, the fact is he should've been taking pics. He's always taking pics of the crowd yet when something tasty is happening on the pitch he's on his laptop.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Darl-Zero

Post by Darl-Zero » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:08 pm

We all have camera phones these days!
Collectively we can nail a few of the ringleaders and that will make the others think twice. Back in the 70s such idiots could get away with this sort of behaviour but they cant now.
One of the best things about non league football is being able to stand and chat to opposition fans and these berks are turning up once or twice a season and spoiling it!

darlodog

Post by darlodog » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:55 pm

princes town wrote:
Quakers1883 wrote:Comments on the Echo site are being used to stir things up with the rugby club ground share.
PR disaster. In my opinion wrongly as even the Spartans fans have acknowledged that the vast majority fans were OK.
Unfortunately as it was a slack news day so IMO it's been blown out of all proportion, it will be interesting to see if any of these idiots are charged with anything. If so then the club I'd imagine can take action if not it's very difficult,

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:28 pm

All 6 are released on bail pending enquiries.

I will be surprised if they get charged with anything, no CCTV and the doors were shut by all accounts so how will those inside be able to identify who done what.

Not sure what the club can do from that point onwards.