Hereford FC and the vase

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

scully62
Team Supported: Darlington

Hereford FC and the vase

Post by scully62 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:55 pm

Am I wrong in thinking when we "reformed" (even though we all know we didn't!) we where not allowed to enter any FA competitions for the first year yet I notice Hereford won 6-0 in the vase on Saturday but this is there first season as a reformed club? have I missed something????

super_les_mcjannet

Re: Hereford FC and the vase

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:01 pm

scully62 wrote:Am I wrong in thinking when we "reformed" (even though we all know we didn't!) we where not allowed to enter any FA competitions for the first year yet I notice Hereford won 6-0 in the vase on Saturday but this is there first season as a reformed club? have I missed something????
From Memory

We were allowed to enter just we didn't enter under the correct name in time. We applied before our name change/golden share issue.

We entered under the old name and the money was returned as no such named club existed.

In theory if we hadn't been in such a bad place we could have entered.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:38 pm

Credit to them, they're flying at the moment. Sure they've won 27 in a row or something. Getting great attendances aswell.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:02 pm

Doing better than Rothes FC, sitting bottom of The Highland League with the following impressive record :D

played 23
won 0
drawn 1
lost 22
goals for 12
against 126
goal diff - 114
points 1
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

piggy

Post by piggy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:11 am

AndyPark wrote:Credit to them, they're flying at the moment. Sure they've won 27 in a row or something. Getting great attendances aswell.
Rob Purdie back playing for them too.

satchmo76
Team Supported: Barnsley

Post by satchmo76 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:23 am

They still have their original ground and got more than 2,800 through the turnstiles for their most recent Vase clash. Does anyone know how often in recent years a club has got that high a gate in an early Vase round?

However, they aren't allowed to play in the FA Cup until next season, so the Cup and Vase must have different criteria.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:41 am

They cannot enter the FA Cup until the season after they first play in the Vase / Trophy. That's why we had 2 seasons out of the Cup.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:47 am

Wouldn't they have to get promoted at least one division before they can enter the FA Trophy instead of the FA Vase?

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:04 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Wouldn't they have to get promoted at least one division before they can enter the FA Trophy instead of the FA Vase?
What prompted that question?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:00 am

shawry wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Wouldn't they have to get promoted at least one division before they can enter the FA Trophy instead of the FA Vase?
Makka Pakka saying Vase/Trophy. I just wanted to clarify how soon they'd have to switch from the Vase to the Trophy.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:01 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
shawry wrote:
Makka Pakka saying Vase/Trophy. I just wanted to clarify how soon they'd have to switch from the Vase to the Trophy.
As soon as they reach Step 4...whichever league that would be around Hereford...Southern?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs