Trying to Find Positives But Struggling

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

canonlygetbetter
Team Supported: Darlington

Trying to Find Positives But Struggling

Post by canonlygetbetter » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:54 pm

ok now that being a darlo fan couldnt get any worse im trying to find some positives that might at lest make me consider cracking a smile.

we have now played county and chesterfield away from home which means we dont have to go there later in the season which is a bonus because in my eyes these two teams have played the best football i have seen in league 2 for a while.

we also have torquay away coming up which is looking like being the biggest game of the season so far and hopefully SS will turn it around in the week and a half he was them in training butsome how i think thats doubtful

thats enough of being positive and im starting to question why staunton has brung in so many loan signings and now he has to leave two out of the matchday squad and why he continues to use young centre midfielders as right backs is this some sort of trend corey barnes had his worst game for the club against morecambe so he drops him from the squad completley and replaces him with another young player who also had his worst game in darlo shirt last night what is this doing for the confidence?

although we are rock bottom and 10 points adrift from safety ill still go to everygame and will be at torquay cheering the lads on and hope people understand that wether we are top of the league or bottom of the league you support darlington football club and the gaffer,the players and the chairman the club wether they are 10 points clear at the top or 10 points adrift

rant finished

divas

Re: Trying to Find Positives But Struggling

Post by divas » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:59 pm

david davies has played RB for wolves reserves in the past so dont be surprised to see him as the latest midfielder to be employed there

canonlygetbetter

Post by canonlygetbetter » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:22 pm

yeah good shout divas

im trying to think of a reason why he puts young centre mids in that position does he think they have extra quality into the front men or does he think they have the energy to overlap the wingers but neither have done this.

i feel for barnes and groves though coz they showed promise when they play there natural position and it must be difficult to come into a struggling side in a position your not familiar with

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:34 pm

Quickest way to destroy a young promising player: Chuck him into the lions' den of a side in crisis and then drop them straight after after the inevitable mistakes. They need to be blooded in a careful and measured way to ensure the best progress. We're doing it all wrong.

canonlygetbetter

Post by canonlygetbetter » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:44 pm

yeah i think staunton and ricco are a bit too ruthless for me. even if a team doesnt play very well there not going to improve if the next game there are 5 different players in the team. i think SS has to find what he thinks is his strongest 11 and stick with them for 3 games or so too see if theres an improvement have a settled back 4 preferably with fozz included and have people playing in there correct positions we are crying out for a settled team in my opinion